“reservations was a waste of my time”
Review of South Beach Inn

and 1 more site!
South Beach Inn
Ranked #15 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
fairylova
“reservations was a waste of my time”
Reviewed April 4, 2011

By a friend's suggestion, I tried to book this hotel, and coincidently the day NASA announced they were moving their shuttle launch to my arrival date. I had sent in a "reservation request" online that went unanswered and when I saw that the launch date was changed, I called the hotel to see if it was available, if not I had to act quickly to make other plans. I was told that I would have to make reservations for the whole week because of the shuttle launch. I was free to check out before then, but they would charge me for the whole week! Since I had waited to hear back from this hotel, I missed my opportunity to book another area hotel (which I realize is my fault, I just did not want to be double charged). Of course, no hotel was available and I now have to change my travel dates. Despite the high recommendation, I was so turned off by their attitude, I can't bring myself to book a room here.

Stayed April 2011
3 Thank fairylova

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed January 9, 2011

Quiet, pristine beachfront location is so nice. Really great views from units on east end of building. Ask Patty for Rooms 18 or 19. We appeared to be the only guests without a dog, (seriously) which was okay, we like dogs. The barking might put some people off. Guest profile appears to be largely refugees fleeing AA meetings; as everyone we saw after 9 a.m. carried a tumbler of spirits. (No kidding) There were no kids around (maybe because there is not pool?) which was nice. Staff is indeed really nice and earnest. Self-service (no housekeeping) policy worked fine for us. No beach towels nor hair dryers in rooms. No restaurants right close by, and kitchenettes in units could answer that concern. Best restaurant around (Fat Snook) is less than a mile down the street. If we return to Cocoa Beach we would likely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank westlakeh
Granite bay, CA
Reviewed November 3, 2010

If you love being right on the ocean without getting your wallet gouged, this is the place. The view from the balcony and deck is wonderful. The efficiency rooms had well-equipped kitchens with all the basics. The bed was comfortable, room was clean, the A/C was loud but effective, and the shower head was like a fire hose. The staff is friendly and helpful. A great swimming beach is just steps away with a lifeguard chair right in front. Dogs are welcome at SBI -- fun to pet and were no bother or mess. The building and room decor are a bit dated but when you go to a place like Cocoa Beach, I want to see the ocean and don't care that much what the inside of a room looks like - I prefer to be outdoors most of the time. I might feel different about room aesthetics if I was in Lincoln Nebraska! The free Wi-Fi was great, but I wish they had a way for guests to log on and print out their boarding passes for their flights home. No problem - we did ours from the airport but we ended up among the last to board because we checked in so late. It's located in the southern part of Cocoa Beach but only a mile or two to the "downtown" Cocoa Beach (not a lot there) but within a 5-minute drive there are tons of restaurants, stores, and services. NASA launches are viewable but are far away and would be a large speck on the horizon (15 miles) but acceptable if you don't want to drive closer. The annual Airshow was terrific and we only drove there and braved the heavy traffic downtown because we liked to see the aerial acts up close. Could have watched most of it from the SBI deck, tho. There's not too much within walking distance except a good seafood restaurant and a convenience store-gas station. Everything's an easy drive - 20 mins to Kennedy Space Center, 45-55 mins to Disney. I checked the older reviews before making my reservation and we saw none of the problems other guests sometimes grumbled about - maybe they should have spoken up and asked the staff while they were still there rather than writing a bad review after-the-fact. Can't please everybody, I guess. We would definitely go back and would highly recommend this to anyone except the snobby types who want five-star luxury and free Turkish bathrobes. SBI is straightforward, no frills, beachfornt vacation relaxation. You'll like it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank JandEGranitebay_CA
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 7, 2010

Had stayed at another motel for my wifes birthday several years ago, and could not remember the name of it. Deceided to give South beach Inn a shot. WOW, was really glad we did. The laid back atmosphere, nice rooms, and great people were the bomb. We stayed for 3 days and enjoyed evry minute of it. This pet friendly place was clean and neat. People picked up after their pet, and I never saw a mess. The ladies that run the place are awesome, and I will be back soon. Thank you South Beach Inn for a great experiance. GS

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jagsummers
Chatham
Reviewed August 26, 2010

We have stayed at the South Beach Inn on 3 separate occassions for long-term 1 month stays on each visit. We usually stay from March to April.

The on-site Managers Patti, Marsha along with Rick and Randy were very accommodating to our needs and were just awesome! They went to great efforts to make sure our stay was a comfortable and enjoyable one. Yes, some rooms were in need of updating - either the bed or appliances but we have noticed that on recent stays, the upkeep has improved significantly over the past few years.

The rooms are spacious, clean and have all the amenities one would expect. The property is "old Florida" which makes it extra special and unque in so many ways.

There are some wonderful long-term residents who stay at the South Beach and whom we have gotten to know well and with whom we will always be friends.

We especially love the fact that the South Beach Inn is Pet Friendly. We can take our dog with us and she just loves the adventure...beautiful grounds for pets, children and adults alike.

We look forward to again returning to the South Beach Inn next year..... keep up the great work Dave, Sandy, Patti, Marsha, Rick and Randy!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Montward
Leesburg, Florida
Reviewed August 24, 2010

Stayed 2 nights at this pet friendly Motel ON THE BEACH! Beautiful grounds! Great Deck, Great Breezes and stunning Sunrises! Saw the review from the unhappy non pet friendly visitor. Advise. IF you dont like pets stay somewhere else. I didnt bring a pet. found Room clean and nice. its an older motel -jut the kind my Mom and I love. she loved the breeze and sitting in adarondike chairs! Thanks Theresa and managers for a nice stay! Suz

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank SuzannesPastels
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed July 25, 2010

My Family and I had a great time here, its cute and cozy steps from the beach and the best pet friendly place i've ever been to even our dog loved it... we will be returning! Great staff very helpful good size rooms, a fully equipped kitchen just bring your food or you can go out to one of the near by restaurants. Patty at the front desk was great in fitting us in at the last moment (Thanks for that)... Like I said I will come back here time and again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family