“Don't let the other not so good reviews sway you!”

Ocean Landings Resort and Racquet Club
Ranked #21 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My husband and I just stayed at Ocean Landings Resort for a few days while visiting my sister who lives in Cocoa Beach. After researching the resort a bit and reading some reviews, we were kind of leery to stay. But the resort offered great amenities including beach access so decided why not just try it and see for ourselves? We were on a tight budget so I ended up getting a really good deal on a standard hotel room. The room was decently decorated and very clean. It came with a microwave and a mini fridge which was very helpful!
The best part of our stay was that my sister and her family were able to join us at the resort for a beach/pool day. The beach was great! The resort provided beach chairs and umbrellas for us to rent. Lucky for us, the weather was warm and sunny that day! The pool was nice and heated and we got some burgers and drinks at the pool bar.
Overall I was very satisfied with our stay. We all had a wonderful & relaxing time which is all we could ask for!! We will definitely be back again!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
16  Thank Katherine M

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Folks, I feel I need to say two important things....1. you get what you pay for. and 2. a little research goes a long way. We traded our timeshare week in Aruba for a week at Ocean Landings in 2011. Our oceanfront unit in "C" building was clean, recently renovated, and had a beautiful view of the ocean. The bbq area and two pools are great for families that may have had enough of restaurants or the beach is too hot. Before trading for this property, I did some research and discovered that there are several buildings on the property, and yes some of the units are hotel rooms. I also discovered that if you get a ground floor ocean front room, you cannot see the ocean. Knowing this, but also knowing our unit may be on the ground floor, we were prepared to make the best of it should it happen to be on the ground floor. (it wasn't!) We have since purchased a week on the 5th floor/corner unit and love it! The whole resort has that beachy, neighborhood feel that we love. Not fancy, but its the beach...it doesn't need to be fancy. We have also stayed in the hotel units when we arrived a day early, of course I prefer the ocean front units, but they are clean and the staff is more than willing to accomodate your needs if you are moving over to another unit or need a late check out. If you love casual, beach living this is the place for you. If you want fancy, get out your wallet and head down the street.

Room Tip: Choose units in C or D buildings (oceanfront). For a good value, but still at the beach choose A or...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank jakenashleysmom
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Drove 1300 miles and didn't have high expectations to begin with. However, upon arrival I soon began to plot my escape plan. Building A is worse than a jail...really...my tour of Alcatraz had better accommodations. Filthy carpet; I've spent the past 2 days keeping my family in flip flops in the room and am going crazy with a no bare feet rule just to protect our health. No ironing board, NO SAFE. A safe in this place would be as important as a shower or a bed. It is a necessary amenity when you see how sketchy the staff and clientele are. Terrifying. I feel totally unsafe here, to the point that I've signed a paper refusing to let housekeeping in here for FOUR days. Our room in building A is so bad that we've sent our kids to stay with their grandparents in the ocean front timeshare area...much nicer. We're stuck here though.

I'm a person who is willing to "rough it" when needed, but I never expected I'd have to in FL. I have an upcoming trip to a third world country that I'm less concerned about that my stay here. Thank god I've got all my shots!!!

Pools are in the middle of a parking lot, and beyond small. Each and every negative review here is absolutely true, and should be taken seriously. The inexpensive cost is not worth the lack of cleanliness and safety. Either stay home, or stay elsewhere. Please don't make the same mistake we did.

Bottom line: a terribly sad waste of vacation time and dollars that is putting our family at risk.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank Karen K
OLRmanagement, Manager at Ocean Landings Resort and Racquet Club, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Karen L,
Please accept our apologies that your experience at Ocean Landings did not meet your expectations during your recent visit. I would like to start by stating that "filthy" carpet is NOT acceptable and I assure you that if you had brought this issue to the attention of management, we would have addressed this immediately. We strive to take preventative measures to ensure all rooms are kept at the highest standards of cleanliness for our guests enjoyment and satisfaction. From the research I can find, it appears your reservation was made through Interval International for a standard hotel room. In our standard hotel rooms, we do have amenities that you mentioned such as ironing boards and irons, however, our policy is that you sign them out from our housekeeping department. We also do provide safes to ALL of our guests that stay with us. If you booked an off ocean unit, you will find that your safe is located at the Front Desk of the resort and we provide you an individual key to access your box at anytime you wish complimentary. You would have found this information in your directory that is located in your room along with other useful information or tips for your stay. I apologize that we were not clear indicating that these amenities were available to you and we will use your review for future training of the staff. We are glad to hear that your children were able to experience a stay in our oceanfront rooms. We recently renovated all of our rooms and they have simply exceeded many of our guests expectations as other reviews suggest. We strive to deliver an outstanding guest experience and we value the feedback our our guests to improve on this goal. We welcome the opportunity to regain your confidence in our facility and services on your next trip to the Cocoa Beach area. Next trip please contact the resort directly so we can help to find you the right accommodation that will fit your vacation needs.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We spend our winters here with many other couples from all over the United States and Canada. The place looks great now that the remodeling is done, and the rooms are in good shape. All the employees go out of their way to make your stay here the greatest. The pools are always warm and clean. You can participate in the daily activities, or simply enjoy lounging on the beach. We have made many close friends that will last forever and just have a lot of fun during the winter instead of freezing in Michigan.

Room Tip: we actually like the off ocean one bedroom apartments best because of closest to the front pool and...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bkbatson
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We have been going to this resort for 27 years. Love the area and the closeness to the ocean. The unit we stayed in was completely remodeled with new tile, carpet, counter tops and trim. Staff was and have been friendly and helpful. We hope to come here for another 27 years. Well we can hope.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Patrick F
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The rooms are on the older side in terms of decor, but very clean.
Balcony rooms are highly recommended.
Room contains a microwave and small fridge.
Fitness center, game room and bar are all new.
Only downfall is that they make you sign out everything, from pool towels, to ironing board and utensils.
Very few resort activities.

Room Tip: Building AA, second floor balcony room get the most sun.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank honestrealreviews
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The ocean front condos are the way to go. Second floor and above for an ocean view which is spectacular. First floor there is no view but families with small children like those because the kids can just walk out to a fenced in area. The condos have just been totally remodeled within the past year. For the price of direct ocean front you can't beat it. Next door is Sand Castle condos and they rent for much much more than Ocean Landings and you may not have ocean front views. And, the cleaning ladies come in weekly if you are a long term renter or owner. Tip them and you will get great service. They work hard all day long, 7 days a week. If your kitchen doesn't have something you need you just walk over to the laundry area and upstairs is a whole room of extra kitchen supplies. Just ask - nicely. I find Ocean Landings a good buy for what you get. If you want luxury, stay at a Four Seasons Hotel. By the way, I've never seen a bug in my unit to date. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Rent the C or D buildings. They are the ocean front condos and they are quiet. Away from the traff...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple