WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #28 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Lady Lake
“Great staff, remodeling in progress”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

This is an older property BUT they are in the process of remodeling. Once completed this will be really nice. Owner showed me one of the remodeled rooms and it was certainly an upgrade!! They have already repainted and put in new tile flooring. The location is great. Close to beach access, shopping, and other amenities. Our room was very clean. The bed was soft but all will be replaced soon. Breakfast was very good. Old time diner with various selections with the voucher and plenty on the plate. Staff here was superb!!! That is why I rated a 4. There was nothing they would not do to make your stay more enjoyable. Give them a little time and this will be a much higher rated property.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ladylake1
Clarionspacecoast, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, August 30, 2014

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices.

Please accept my sincere apology. We are upgrading our facilities and all aspects of the room for your comfort and enjoyment.

Given the very nature of the hotel business, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you. And, It's only through the eyes of our guests that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

Again, I want to apologize and thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay, and I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.

AK Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Avon, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

This was a last minute booking for the night before a last minute cruise. As part of the Choice Hotel group, I expected better. I wish I had checked the reviews before I booked this hotel. The room was musty, the bathroom had grundge in the corners, and the bed was exceedingly soft. As for the "nearby diner", maybe, but a mile isn't nearby when you haven't arrived by car. The staff was very friendly and if I had NO choice I would stay there again. (Comfort Inn, just down the street was sold out.)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how nice it was to receive your kind words of praise about the attention you experienced while you stayed at our hotel. We try to go over and beyond the call of duty for all of our guests. On the same hand, I was concerned about the mistake we had overlooked. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention. It is truly an honor to have the opportunity in serving you.

Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

4 of us checked-in with 2 rooms booked on April 13, 2014 and staff was very friendly. Room was terrible, carpet was filthy and torn, bathroom small and not really clean. Breakfast was fantastic at the restaurant. When we checked-out the following day and the other couple put the charges for the 2 rooms on their credit card. They were charged on their next billing cycle for 2 rooms. On MAY 13, 2014 I was charged $221.98 on my credit card for the same charge the other couple had already paid for in April. I immediately called the hotel and was told a credit would be given. I waited 3 days and no credit, I then called again and was told they would check into it and call me right back. After waiting 24 hours for a call back I then called again and was told the same thing, we will call you back then I was told that a check was being mailed to my home as a credit. I have received no credit on my card nor a check in the mail. I called AGAIN on June 7th and was told AGAIN they would look into it and call me back. Still waiting for that call......have now disputed the charge on my credit card which I should have done in the first place. Not good customer service. Will never stay there again! The rooms are not worth the money they charge and the double billing with no solution is unacceptable!!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Clarionspacecoast, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, October 21, 2014
We most humbly apologise for any misunderstanding, we show you have received the check which was cashed as as noted.
We are in the month of October and November completing a major renovation of our property and will be honored to have the pleasure of giving you a tour in the rooms with the new funiture, bedding and may other amenities. Feel free to call on your return in Cocoa beach.

Travelers are raving about these Cocoa Beach hotels

North Fort Myers
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Older motel, mildly renovated, good staff, right price. Prepurchased room through Choice Hotels at $69 rate, listed $110 on day of arrival. Staff is biggest asset, very accommodating to your needs. Rooms are old, smell musky and carpet used. However, not bad for a day or two stay. Continental breakfast available offsite at Sunrise Cafe - have 4 choices - great value. Would stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

Me & my husband decided for a last minute weekend getaway and were in cocoa beach. The Econolodge here is one of the best econolodge(s) I have seen so far! We were surprised to get a room worth the price we paid + the wonderful breakfast that they offer at the local diner. The staff at the front desk was very friendly and had lots of suggestions and options for our valentine dinner. The heated pool with the picnic area & barbeque grills made us stay another day!! Will surely return in spring or summer with our kids.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mitali D
On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise about the attention you experienced while you stayed at our hotel. We try to go over and beyond the call of duty for all of our guests. I have informed our guest service agents and department about your compliments. It is an honor to have the opportunity in serving you. It is wonderful to know you enjoyed us having the Bar B Q area for your enjoyment.

Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

Again, let me thank you for your kind words. We’re committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.

De Leon Springs, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

The Luna Sea Motel is an older motel just off the beach. The rooms were clean and looked freshly redone. The bathroom was nice. The shower had plenty of hot water and good pressure. The front desk person was friendly and helpful. There were vouchers for a free breakfast at a nice diner nearby. The rooms may be a little small for some but we thought they were just fine. We considered it an very good value for the money and a nice alternative to the big commercial hotel offerings.

Room Tip: A 2nd floor room might be a little quieter. When there was people above you could hear them walking...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EconoLodgePort, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, February 8, 2015
Dear Guest,

On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your survey response about the attention you experienced while you stayed at our hotel. We try to go over and beyond the call of duty for all of our guests. I have informed our guest service agents about your compliments and they have asked that we say thank you, it is an honor to have the opportunity in serving you.

We trust you had the opportunity in using some of the amenities refridge, microwave, coffee & maker, hairdryer, WIFI, the Hot Cook To Order Breakfast off - site , large pool, picnic area and business center at the front desk.

Kavita
Guest Service Representative
Econolodge Cocoabeach, Florida
321-783-0500
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

We were quite happy with this place. - notwithstanding the color combo in room 115 with the bedspread & the chair. The room was clean and large. It is an old motel so doesn't present well close up outside, but it was fine inside. Nice people.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Holiday Inn Express Cocoa Beach
Econolodge Port Canaveral Area
Econolodge Port Canaveral Area
#1 of 2 in Merritt Island

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!