“The Good, The Bad & The Ugly”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #28 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I booked this hotel because we stayed there for a couple of days about five years ago, and I remember liking it. So, despite some of the reviews I read in this forum before I made the reservation for the one night park and cruise package, I did it any way, feeling confident that some people may just be way too picky. I wish I was right, but I wasn't.

The Good - The motel is in a good location, and the people who ran (and maybe own) it seemed genuinely nice. The bathroom (in the room) that appeared to be newly renovated five years ago still looked fairly decent even though the floor of the bathtub was stained, and some of the grout in the tub area also looked like it needs to be caulked or something.

The Bad - The hotel was not as I remember it five years ago. It is badly in need of some upkeep and updating. The carpet looked dirty because it is a very dark color and shows up "everything."

The Ugly - There were "stains" on the ceiling and walls. Could be dirt or marks from whatever had brushed against it, but it looks bad. Just a coat of touch-up paint would have done wonders. The air-conditioner cover had scratches all over it that at first looked like dirt (till I tried to rub it off with a towel -- just curious to see if it was just dirty and discovered that they were actually dark etches). The frame around that air-conditioner also looked really dirty -- a new coat of paint would have been a great improvement. The door of the room was warped on the base, like it had some water damage and was starting to come apart. My husband and I walked around the bed and pulled up the covers and sheets just to inspect it for bedbugs, and to our relief it was clean. The bed was hard and sheets threadbare. But the pillows were horribly thin and extremely lumpy! They may have tried to wash it or something and the stuffing have clumped together, but it was very uncomfortable.

We spent the night there but I promised my husband that I will never book that hotel again. It is a shame that the quaint little hotel that I liked so much several years ago has deteriorated so badly. The bathroom looked like it belong to a two and a half star motel, and the room itself looked like it is a one and a half star motel (and I am being generous).

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Coconut1961

Reviewed March 23, 2012

Stayed a few years ago, it was alot better then. The motel is in need of some updating and TLC. It is cheap and the breakfast at the Sunrise dinner was good. The pool is very warm. The sheets were too small and would not stay on the bed. The room was in need of a good vacuuming. I probably will not return if in the area.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Just really sad how this motel has changed . I slept with my clothes on and pushed the chair to my door. Do I need to say more?

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cruisegirl_12
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I selected this gem to be away from the busier section by the the pier.Room was clean and comfortable with a fridge and microwave and completely updated bathroom. The staff are the owners and were very helpful,you can get coffee in the front lobby 24/7 and the pool area and grounds were clean.The best part is the excellent rates offered and to be dealing with individuals and not a big chain as they truly care about your comfort.I will definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone who wants to stay in Cocoa Beach.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Let's say something positive first: the room is VERY cheap, we payed 65$ and a rich breakfast in a nearby simple diner is included. It is a real Motel, you have to drive to get your breakfast and drive to the beach. The Motel is located on the highway, so it's not so nice to take a walk, but it's very easy if you drive a car. The room was pretty big and had everything: microwave, tv, coffee machine, fridge (though leaking water on the dirty parquet floor), ironing board and iron, hair dryer. The room lacks only one simple thing: a window!! I didn't realized it when I got a quick look at the room, but I realized it afterwards when I wanted to refresh the bad smell of the room: no window, no fresh air!! but, no, that's not completely true, some fresh air comes through the entrance door, because it doesn't really fit in its frame, so you can see the light coming through and you can breathe some fresh air coming under and aside the door frame. It was a nightmare night (only one night!), the bed was also bad and uncomfortable, the air smelled so disgusting... We stayed in the room just upon the office, maybe other rooms are better, ours was awful.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank NoraWill
Reviewed December 30, 2011

We enjoyed our stay, nice warn pool, clean quite place and friendly!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Deb W
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Price for the period was good.
Rooms: they have air cond, fridge (very noisy),microwave.
Cleaning is ok for the price,in general could be much better.
Toilet is very modest.they have a small haidrier.
Breakfast is served outside the building but I didn't have it.anyway you have free coffee 24/7 in the lobby.
Wireless was very fast.