New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
St. Cloud, United States
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

The staff at the hotel was very friendly at check-in and check-out. The view of the ocean from our room was amazing. The hotel was also very close to the cocoa beach pier. The room was clean and efficient.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
  • Polish first
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I stayed at Best Western for a single night after Easter weekend. The junior suite was spacious and clean. The beds were nice - I was out like a light, though the couch looked a little worn. I loved having a balcony that overlooked the beach, it's a gorgeous view!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Minneapolis, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

There is a bit of false advertising on this property. They have 3 buildings, but the one shown on the website is the ONLY one on the beach and it is an additional $30.00 a night to stay there. The other buildings are 1-2 blocks off the beach. They are older rooms more in a Motel style. They do smell somewhat musty, but they do try to keep them clean. The breakfast is run of the mill style food. It's fine to fill your tummy up before heading to your final destination. For us it was a cruise. There is a shuttle for $6.00 per person to the pier that runs from the hotel. The front desk man at night told us it is better to take a taxi. Do yourself a favor and use the shuttle. We used a cab and it was $15.00 and WE had to pay the $2.00 per carload to get into the pier. Crazy!!!! There are other hotels that are newer and probably nicer, so check out them before staying at the Best Western Cocoa Beach.

Room Tip: Try the 2nd floor in the motel area....it seems safer than the ground floor.
1 Thank Sandykj
Norwalk, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Stayed at the hotel with my parents & 2 kids. We had adjoining rooms in one of the garden buildings near the swimming pools. Disappointed we couldn't get ocean front/view, but the room was recently renovated, spacious, & clean. I was concerned considering some of the reviews I read prior to my stay about the cleanliness, & was not disappointed. Maid service was timely each day. The hotel is close to the beach, restaurants, & grocery stores.
The beach was a block away & the pier close to. The free breakfast was fine. We generally went late (around 9:30) & there was plenty of food and available seating. The major complaint my 12 year old had was the Wi-Fi was not working most of the time. We also enjoyed use of the pool near our building & the pool bar had good service.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I stayed on the Best Western Ocean Beach Hotel & Suites during Easter 2014.
My family had two connecting suites. The rooms is spacious, and we were really comfortable with our 3 boys. The free Internet worked faster than home, and was easy to connect. It gave me and my wife time off to enjoy the private balcony with a great ocean view during the evenings.
With a big fridge, and a kitchen area, I really did not miss anything during our stay.
Its a very short walk over to the Cocoa Beach Pier, if you want to enjoy a beer. And just next to the Hotel you will find a great Steak House, and Publix across the road.
In Short, a Perfect location on the beach.

Room Tip: You can use the stairways quickly if you have a corner suite.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I just ended a stay in the Ocean Tower, 3rd floor. I was in the area on business and decided to stay beachside on a whim-- and I'm glad I did! This Best Western was great; right next to the beautiful beach, minutes away from all kinds of good food and only an hour away from Orlando. To be honest, I didn't shop around too much-- there are a lot of hotels in this area-- but I am most familiar with Best Western and this one did not disappoint. The hotel was clean; the staff were friendly, accommodating, and a pleasure to deal with; the internet was really fast for a hotel; there's a bar by the pool; I had a great view from my room; and Cocoa Beach is a pretty awesome place. There was some sort of surf festival going on while I was there, it was cool to not only be right at the beach to see it close-up but to be able to see it from my room. I did not try the free breakfast because I don't like hotel breakfasts, but I'm sure it was as good as any other. The bed and the sleep I got on it were awesome, as is usual with Best Westerns, and it's ony like a 40 min drive to Orlando via SR-528 (toll road though, cost me about $5 each way-- no big deal). If you have stuff to do in central FL and don't want to stay in the insanity that is Orlando, this Best Western in Cocoa Beach is a great alternative.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Chris B
Lakeville, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We got an ocean front suite, it was VERY small but okay, when we got to our room the fridge had been getting deprosted but it was still opened with towels and water in it, called maint and they came and took care of it.
The rooms were okay just very small, and when you stood on the baconlywe had smoke smell coming from all directions, im just not a smoker im sorry.
The beach and pier was great.
The breakfast was probably the worst thing about the resort but we surrvived.
We love the area just not sure if our stay will be at this property at the price they get.

Room Tip: Great place to stay if your outside alot