“Never again!”

Best Western Cocoa Beach Hotel & Suites
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The employees of this hotel must be writing the positive reviews.I picked this hotel because of the high tripadvisor rating but I was disappointed. We stayed in room 133. The only sink is in the room, not in the bathroom. No privacy. The display on the microwave doesn't light up. The refrigerator was missing the knob to adjust the temperature and continuously made noise all night. I called at 7:30 in the morning to complain about the frig and was told someone would come over to look at it. By 10:30 AM no one arrived. I checked out and checked in at better hotel about a mile away.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Matthew K, General Manager at Best Western Cocoa Beach Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

First I have to say with great conviction that our staff DO NOT write a single review. I have 86 employees who work hard and train hard and come to work every day with the sole purpose of making our guest happy. This is not just a job to them but a passion. And these reviews on here that compliment my staff on friendliness and going the extra mile are well earned. I am not being contrary but I am grateful to my hard working employees and want you to know that our care is genuine and our reviews are earned.

In your case we clearly did not meet the expectation you have or I have. I would love to discuss your stay in more detail and work with you to satisfy your unpleasant experience. Please contact me at the hotel and I would love to know some more specifics about how we could have done better. Yours, and every guests happiness with our product and service is our first concern.

-Matt Kent

Write a ReviewReviews (2,737)

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Checked out at least 12 of the motel offering for a Saturday night in May in Cocoa Beach and selected this motel because I liked the location. It was located on the beach, not beach block, not a block from the beach, but on the beach. Helpful staff on the desk, who patiently explained the layout of the sprawling BW campus to me. I got lucky and got a 1st floor room in the 2 story building closest to the beach. Important because I could not do the stairs up to the 2nd floor. This is the building that you want if you are traveling with kids. There are other buildings that are a short distance away from this one and have several more floors and an elevator but require a stroll to the beach and kids being kids, might stroll out in front of cars entering or leaving the busy parking lots.
So ask for the building closest to the beach and then ask for a room on the pool side of that building. Then you enjoy the very best that this motel has to offer. You will not need or want the ocean front building that would cost you another $50.00 a night. Then be certain that you select some great weather and you are all set. Your kids can enjoy the heated outdoor pool or stroll to the beach and even into the ocean without ever having to cross the busy N Atlantic Ave. You can also walk the beach to the Cocoa Beach Pier if you care to. Its about 1 block away. You can actually climb stairs up to the Pier from the sand if you so desire.
I liked the location of this motel. The pool was clean and the water was warm. Important because the Ocean was not clean or warm. And it was smelly too! Yuk.
I'll be back. Kudos to BW employee Reina for picking out a great room for me and my family.

Room Tip: ask for Reina
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mauiman98
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed in a suite at the Best Western in Cocoa Beach beginning of June 2013 with 2 teen age kids. We all loved it! We had a perfect view of the pool and ocean from our balcony. The separate rooms with the kitchen area where great! The hotel is located close to the pier, several shops and restaurants. We couldn't believe how affordable the cost was. Rain was our only complaint.

Room Tip: The suite with the kitchen area was well worth it!
1  Thank SSALTS
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night as we were going on a casino cruise and didn't want a long drive home after. The room, an ocean view with balcony, was awesome. Very clean and exactly as advertised. Staff was super friendly at check in and informed us of the casino cruise shuttle that would be by later to pick up customers. That was an added bonus we weren't expecting.
We did not wake up early enough for breakfast, so can't comment on that. Gary checked us out and he was even more friendly than the crew the afternoon before.
Keep in mind that this is a hotel on the beach, so expect some sand, especially in the ocean view building. This did not bother us in the least. I definitely wish we could have stayed for a longer visit, and we will be back to this hotel for sure.

Room Tip: There are 3 buildings I think. We stayed in the ocean view tower. Definitely worth the extra $.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer R
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We had a suite so no ocean view. The room was a good size and appreciated the refrigerator and microwave. The bed linens left little to be desired. Pool under us so it was loud. We stayed 3 nights and our room was never cleaned even though we left our little tag on door to clean and mentioned it to front desk after first day. Staff needs some training and leadership.

• Stayed: June 2013

We take great pride in our housekeeping. I am surprised that for some reason your room was not cleaned. Perhaps there was an error interpreting the sign hanging on the door, which is used typically for "Do Not Disturb". Which we would honor of course to respect your privacy. It is possible that the Room Attendant didn't recognize that you had it flipped to the side requesting service. We do have ladies of various nationalities and it could be she didn't read it accurately.

I wish you had shared this day one so we could have quickly recognized it and adjusted your service. PLEASE anytime you stay at a hotel speak up and let us help. That is why we are here :-)

Thank you for your feedback and we are reviewing the Do Not Disturb signage with our staff to make sure they understand what both sides mean.

-Matt

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel the night before we got onto the Freedom of the Seas. There were 6 of us (3 adults, 3 kids) and we were pleasantly surprised at the accommodations. Todd, the gentlemen at the front desk was very helpful. I made the mistake and put the wrong date in for our reservation, but he was able to change it and get us a room for the evening. The beds were fairly comfortable and it wasn't loud during the night. The main thing I have to complain about was the continental breakfast. It wasn't very good, and we were VERY hungry by the time we got on the ship. We would stay here again as a pre-cruise hotel. And, they gave us a voucher that reduced our parking rates at the Cruise terminal from $15/day to $9/day. That was a great savings!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This was homebase for our family vacation to Florida in early June 2013, while not the Ritz this Best Western fit the bill for location and amenities. Being right on the ocean with a balcony view for under $200 a night we were very happy. The kids enjoyed the pool and the beach which was wide and clean. My husband and I enjoyed their pool bar and the fact that we were within easy walking distance of a Publix supermarket and The Pier, with its many restaurants and bars. All and all a great place to stay for a family vacation

1  Thank Laurie P