“I learned my lesson, not again”

Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Centreville, Virginia
“I learned my lesson, not again”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

So I stayed here a few years back and the location is good so I thought I would give them another try even though I had a poor experience last time. The pet peeves on this trip are noisy AC units (had to turn it off at night), noisy refrigerator, dated decorations and no ice machine on the first floor. The layout of the bar area, restaurant and outside bar is confusing. I had a tough time trying to figure out where to go. This hotel just lacks some good ole care and feeding. The outside bar/restaurant was good and the service we got from Carly was outstanding. The inside bar service was terrible. Nothing like having to run down the waiter to remind him to come by and see you more often than every 30 mins especially when the bar is 250 sq ft large. Food was generally good but the mixed drinks fair. Had room service deliver breakfast. Not bad. They did a good job of protecting the food and the order was accurate even with a few of my special requests. What they didn't do though was provide me another order form so no more orders from me. The exterior door to my first floor hallway is supposed to be key card access only between 11 pm and 7 am. It was always open. The fixtures, carpet and general decor could use a face lift. The carpet has lumps in it and it is a safety hazard. I couldn't get all of the water to come from the shower head as some of it was still flowing from the faucet. The toilet had a build up of previous use that had not been cleaned. That, frankly, is unacceptable. You have to wonder what else hasn't been cleaned. The elevators were out of service for a period of time and there was a fairly good water leak in the gym after a storm came through. The staff was more personable than last time. The front desk was cordial and when I needed ice, the bellman took care of it immediately. This is not the Hilton I am used to so adjust your expectations down and it is on the beach. Maybe Hilton doesn't want to invest in an updated look. I don't know but what I do know is that two times at this property is enough.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Travelinto25Cities
debra_green_CCBCH, General Manager at Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
We’re glad you chose our hotel to stay at but I’m disappointed we couldn’t give you the experience you deserve. I’m sorry for the noisy air condition unit and refrigerator that prevented you from getting a good night’s sleep. We’re addressing all of your comments and actively working with our teams to ensure we’re doing everything we can to make our guests have an enjoyable stay. Your feedback is incredibly important to us as we improve our on-property experience, especially as refresh options occur. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to Cocoa Beach.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Greek first
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed week commencing22 September as our son was getting married on Cocoa Beach .We could not believe that the coffee making facilities in the room uused PAPER CUPS.I asked in reception for some china cups but it took 2 days of asking before they appeared.
One afternoon, we returned and found that our room had been cleaned except our bed was not made pulled up just as we had left it..On ringing reception the lady responsible came to our room and told us that she had not made the bed as I had told her that was how I liked it.I had never seen the lady in question before.The supervisor was called and the problem was rectified.immediately.
Interesting to read someone else had the same problem 2 weeks earlier and the manager says the problem had been sorted!!
We were also issued with a parking permit, it was interesting we always had to park some distance from the hotel entrance as those spaces were taken up by cars without permits
We were at the hotel whilst the air show was on and we were surprised at the cost of the sun beds on the beach we felt they should have been FREE for residents.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Helen6572
debra_green_CCBCH, Manager at Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping problems you encountered. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and know our guests deserve better. Again, we apologize for the lack of service you received in regards to the coffee mugs. We will make every effort to ensure our guests are receiving exceptional service. We hope you will give us a second chance if you visit our area in the future.
Cocoa
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Lonnie from the dinning room, along with the chef helped me to pull off a surprise breakfast before a day of wedding dress shopping for my daughter. All of our guests enjoyed the elegant display of a special menu put together just for all us girls, including non-alcoholic bubbly for toasting. Amy was our server, and added to our wonderful experience. She is a great photographer! Thank you all for starting our special day!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Salem, New Hampshire
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Hotel was good enough but not quite what you expect from a Hilton. Rooms were a notch down from typical Hilton and missing some of the usual amenities. The building itself is more appropriate to the nearby Kennedy Space Center than the beach. I had a room overlooking the beach but could not fully enjoy the experience as the rooms are hermetically sealed. Processed air only. Fresh air and the sound of the surf is not available. Beach access was convenient. Staff were friendly. Food was just OK. Large easy access parking lot for the Winnebago crowd.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Rumford
Brian A, Manager at Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for selecting the Hilton Cocoa Beach for your recent stay and taking time to share your feedback with us via Trip Advisor! We are pleased to hear you were satisfied with your accommodations and your overall experience. Thank you for your feedback regarding our staff, we assure that our professional and friendly staff is committed to ensuring that all of our guests stays are both enjoyable and comfortable. Unfortunately due to the hurricane proof glassing the hotel decided not to have balconies this helps us withstand more flooding. Again, we appreciate your feedback and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future!
Best Regards.
Winter Springs, Florida
Reviewed September 10, 2012

The hotel is ok, not what I was expecting. There was no tiki bar, we walked out of the restaurant because of it's tiny menu, but on the plus side, the staff was very friendly. Our first morning we stopped at the frontdesk to ask if our room could be cleaned because we knew that we'd be returning in a hour or so and didn't want to interfere with the cleaning staff. When we got back to the room the room was indeed cleaned; but there was no comforter on the bed and no toilet paper in the bathroom; we thought that they would be coming back since the cleaning cart was right outside our room. We were in the room for the next five hours and left for dinner and drinks. On the way out I asked the person at the front desk if we could get a comforter and toilet paper. When we returned, the items were there; the toilet paper was just sat on the vanity top (not hung from the rollers; no big deal, I'm a mom of three daughters, I do it constantly) and the comforter was rolled up like a sleeping bag and thrown on the bed. I draw the line at making my own bed when I am staying at a hotel. I am really disappointed with our stay and when we go back to Cocoa Beach again we will find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JulieB713
Brian A, Manager at Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your stay in our area and we apologize for the problems you encountered. We have addressed this issue with our housekeepers and we don’t lack of service being an issue again. We again apologize for the less than satisfying stay. We assure you that if you give us another opportunity, you won't be disappointed in the future.
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 6, 2012

A big Thank You to the Cocoa Beach Hilton for sponsoring The National Kidney Foundation of Florida and it's annual Taste of Brevard/Silent Auction. It's a very big event and can be someone overwhelming for all involved but the Banquet Manager, Larry Ayalla handled every situation that presented itself with patience and professionalism. Thank you Larry and the rest of the Cocoa Beach Hilton for being such great hosts.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Orange City, Florida
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

It was very nice right on beach and I used my Hilton Rewards and got a reasonable room rate. I went to register and had a smoking room and they changed my room no problem. Nice pool. Convient to every thing. Very enjoyble Labor Day weekend. Nice to take beach towels to beach from hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
Brian A, Manager at Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for staying with us here at the Hilton Cocoa Beach during your Labor Day vacation and providing us feedback with us via Trip Advisor! First off I would like to apologize that you were put into a smoking room upon check in. I am glad to see that the Front Desk got you moved quickly. We are pleased to hear you were satisfied with the rest of your accommodations and your overall experience. Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. Again, we appreciate your feedback and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future!
Best Regards.