“Nice hotel for pre-cruise stay”

Four Points by Sheraton Cocoa Beach
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Fairfax, VA
“Nice hotel for pre-cruise stay”
Reviewed May 7, 2010

This was a perfectly fine hotel for a quick one-night pre-cruise stay. Free parking in garage on same level as room was convenient. Lobby bar/restaurant for quick drinks was pleasant, nice bartenders. Also nice to have starbucks on first floor for quick breakfast. Room was clean, plenty of room, and nice to have a empty fridge to store water. I expected it to be on the beach based on the reviews I read but it is a few blocks away. The pool was also in a weird location, almost in the parking garage. We didn't need any of these amenities so it did not bother me. We used starwood points to stay here and felt it was worth the points. It was only a few miles to Hertz to drop off our rental car, we got a shuttle immediately to the port and were at our ship! Didn't think there were a lot of food options close by, we ended up driving to the pier and going to eat there, which was okay but not great. Pier seemed a little run down.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed April 12, 2010

When we got to Cocoa beach and passed Four points my brother and I almost passed out it looked so amazing, as we went to the hotel we were suppose to go to, we begged the family to stay at four points insted ,we did and it was the right choice.The staff are so nice and polite,The rooms are so relaxing and beach themed also very very clean,I slept the best I ever have, anywhere. The views are amazing,We had a view of the awesome (in hotle) surf shop whitch selled everything you need or forgot ,includeing a surf board shop on the top level of the store.They also have a restaurant that is great! with margritas that are out of this world, next to the bar is a real shark tank and as for the location it is right next to a 24 hour,2 story Ron Jon surf shop whitch I am a big fan of,Also its close to the Ron Jon Surf Shop grill.So next time your in Cocoa beach and see four points,I strongly recomend it

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank hotelhopper89
london
Reviewed April 10, 2010

Be careful in this hotel there are bed bugs: I slep in this hotel only one night and my bed was infested with bed bugs. I could not sleep during the entire night and I wake up with 30 red and itchy welts. I was very disappointed by this hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank tomuklon
FourPointsMangement, Management at Four Points by Sheraton Cocoa Beach, responded to this review, April 13, 2010
The Four Points sincerely apologizes for your recent experience at the hotel. The concerns you have raised are very understandable given the symptoms you described, and I appreciate the opportunity to look into it and to respond. We are pleased to inform you that the results of our investigation, which included a thorough inspection of the room in which you stayed by Massey Preventech, showed no evidence of a bed bug infestation.

Four Points by Sheraton Management
paris
Reviewed April 9, 2010

Usually, I never complain but I have never experienced such an awful night. At night, I went in bed, I started getting a terrible itch on my body. Soon, my legs and arms were completly covered in red bumps. I could not sleep the entire night. At the end of the night, I had more than 20 spots/bites on the body. I will never go again in that hotel.

At the check-out, I complained but the manager denied the problem. He was very surpised and told me that it never hapenned in the past. The manager never contacted me; I am still waiting for his call. So (this is a message for the manager) you have my phone number, i wait for your call and compensation: you saw all the bites of bed bugs on my body and i have pictures also).

This is the worst experience I have had in a hotel in a long time.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank tomtom69
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 4, 2010

My family stayed here for two nights during spring break. Hotel is in a great location 3 blocks from the beach. We had two rooms with 2 queen beds in each room.

PROS
* small pool with small hot tub was nice for the kids to jump in as we returned from the beach. Very basic pool/hot tub, but the kids still liked it.

* Loved the Shark Pit restaurant located inside the same building as the hotel. Casual eating atmosphere. Kids loved the fish tank with the black tip shark and two eels!

* Cocoa Beach Surf Company shop I thought was as nice as Ron Jon Surf shop which was next door. We bought most of our stuff at the Cocoa Beach Surf Company. Very friendly staff, and good deals on stuff.

* Free Parking Garage was very convenient (attached to hotel). We parked on same floor we stayed at in the hotel (floor 3) so loading up car was a breeze.

* My daughter and I took surf lessons from the Cocoa Beach Surf Company. Dan was our instructor, and he was awesome! My daughter was standing up in no time!

* Free wireless internet worked like a charm when I used it

* Starbucks in hotel next to Shark Pit Restaurant was nice.

CONS - None

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Michigan
Reviewed March 4, 2010

I got married March 2nd, I was in FL from 2/28-3/3 I stayed here, faulty towers and Best western Ocean Front in that time. THIS WAS MY FAVORITE! We stayed in room 216. It was in the Cone! Only complaint would be the lights in the window changed colors all night (which can be avoided by closing the curtain) and I could hear when the AC fan kicked on. (but it was also the night before my wedding so my mind was going all night). The Beds were the best beds i slept on while in Cocoa Beach. It had a great location, resturaunt downstairs/shopping thing. If you have a car, you can actually park in their parking garage on the level your room is on. Biggest TV out of the hotels i was at Friendly staff and a cool pool/hottub. Im telling you, you wont get a better nights sleep any where else. Also i paid 90 for the room.. If you call and pre-pay it drops from 150 to 90

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
denver co
Reviewed March 3, 2010

GOOD-4 adults and 2 children comfortably stayed in a Jr. suite, it was big. Pillow top beds, great pillows! Best bed in a Hotel. You can buy anything you need for the beach in their surf shop. BAD- Hallways had a slight smell to them, Refrigerator had spilled beer in it. Swimming pool was tiny and Jacuzzi kinda dirty. Overall great value and would stay again, minutes from the beach.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family