“Functional”

Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Cocoa Beach
“Functional”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Please throw away the nasty nylon blankets and bedspreads and use COTTON! This place is so small and the AC doesn't move to the back of unit so you freeze near it and sweat when you move away from it. You need a small fan to circulate the air to the back of the unit.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Lafayette, GA
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We stayed in a suite for 4 nights and 5 days. The entire time we were there, not once did we come back from the beach or town to a clean room. We had to call front desk for towels, and garbage bags which we sat outside our door. The breakfast was OK, nothing hot and you had to cook your own packaged eggs. The view from our room was amazing. We could see the pier and beach. Good location. Not the hotels fault, but all drink vending machines were empty, which was super frustrating. Some of the front desk workers were nice, some were seriously rude. Even though the stay was "OK" we will never stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank mommaof4gals
Jasper
Reviewed July 10, 2014

The mgr did the best he could I guess,moved us to different hotel offered no refunds,that should have been the best answer not offering a free night when we drive 9 hrs to stay there.If I didn't stay the first time why do they think I would stay this time,Also disappointed in Wyndham resorts that they didn't do more than they did

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Denise H
DAYTON
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We were there for a two-night stay and were pleased with the experience overall.

We checked in on the afternoon of the Fourth of July. The front desk seemed understaffed as the lone desk attendant was working the phones while checking us in, but she was friendly and helpful. We requested a foldout bed and were told it would be $10 a night, so be prepared to spend a little more if you want to squeeze someone in.

The room (114), despite being on the small side, had two nice size (queen) beds, a mini fridge, and a microwave. As far as technology goes, the TV set is from the 20th century, but we seldom used it. The bathroom area comes with a hair dryer, which comes in handy when you're coming in from the beach.

Speaking of the beach: you're super close. Just one block of walking and you're there. If salt water isn't your thing, the hotel offers a pool, but no one in my party used it while we were there.

This hotel offers a decent continental breakfast (microwave eggs, yogurt, cereal, fruit, milk, bread, condiments, etc.) from 6-10 am.

This place is centrally located to all the top Cocoa Beach attractions, often within walking distance of many things you'd need (restaurants, Ron Jon surf shop, beach, Publix grocery/liquor store, beach items shop, bars, etc.).

The cleaning staff seemed overwhelmed for the holiday weekend. It took them a while to get to our room after our first night's stay. When they did get there, one of the cleaning ladies kept talking about how swamped they were. She also kept trying to feel me out for how much of the room they could get away with not cleaning before moving on. It was a little off putting, but they did an adequate job overall.

All in all, this place was perfect for our needs.

TIP: Check out the pamphlets in the lobby. Some offer discounts to restaurants if you take them with you.

Room Tip: We went on a holiday weekend and booked months in advance. We took what we could get. They only had...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 5, 2014

My experience at Days Inn at Cocoa Beach was wonderful! At the last minute, my traveling buddy had a death in the family and canceled reservations the day before I drove up. I tried booking a room everywhere, but everyone was booked. I called Days Inn and left my name and number just in case there were any cancelations.

I was in my car in tears because I was afraid of having to sleep in my car, and not to mention there were a lot of strange people that came up to my car demanding that I give them money or a ride (it was scary). Brandon, the night manager, called me back and told me to hang in there. It was so comforting to hear someone that was so concerned for a strangers well being. He said if something comes available he would call me right back, and he did. Brandon was very welcoming, and he gave me information on how to get to and from my port. Since it was my first time preparing for a cruise, he gave me insight on luggage tags, advice as to how much time in advance most people get to their ports, insight on shuttles, insight on parking, and helpful information about letting my bank know I would be leaving the country (this was so important). My card would not have been able to be charged if I hadn't notified my bank that I was leaving the country for a cruise. Brandon offered to help me with my luggage and gave me clear directions on parking. I would definitely come back to Days Inn, but next time I will book ahead of time. Anyway, my tears of sadness became tears of joy because I did not feel alone or scared when I walked into Days Inn. Now I will be able to enjoy my cruise.

Room Tip: Book in advance.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo