“smell that wouldn't quit” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Cocoa Beach Port Canaveral

Days Inn Cocoa Beach Port Canaveral
Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Cocoa Beach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Yadkinville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed for 3 days in November 2012. The breakfast was decent fair for a hot buffet. Standard items sausage and eggs with varieties of breads, and drinks.
This is the best thing besides the price about this hotel.

The room had a strong odor, the door was broken, and everything looked really run down. The cleaning ladies did a good job, but I feel they were working in futility.

I probably would not stay there again.

Room Tip: There is very little view of the ocean, but it can be seen if you choose a second floor room in the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
DARDENNE PRAIRIE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Room itself was clean and decent. Within walking distance of the beach, just down the road from Ron Jon's. But there was a lot of road noise that came into the room. And several times during the night, someone (presumably a staff member) started up a gas-powered golf cart and drove around the property - sounded like a lawn mower outside our room.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
FORT WALTON BEACH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The pregnant young lady that checked us in was excellent, and made up for the negative issues. Our room stunk and the beds had stains on them. The lighting was awful to try and get ready in the morning. I was going to move the tall lamp over but it didn't even work.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Matthew K, General Manager at Days Inn Cocoa Beach Port Canaveral, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for your kind words about Dawn our desk agent. However, I am sorry to further read we disappointed you during your stay. We strive to provide very good affordable accommodations and your comments about the room condition is not what we are known for. I am sharing your review with our team and conducting an additional room review by our supervisory team. This will only make us better and we appreciate you sharing your comments with us today.
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I loved the location, it was within walking distant to the pier with a nice beach, a few restaurants and bars. We had a memorable evening there, but when we walked home that evening, the area was very dark and a little creepy. The room seemed very clean but I was knocked over with the smell of industrial strength cleaning products when I walked in. There was an attempt to modernize the room with a nice shower curtains, bed spreads and pictures, but they weren't able to cover up the overly painted, yellow glossy walls and old tile. We had a balcony that was filthy and needed a good hosing down as well as the rest of the building, stairwells, etc. I didn't care for the desk staff at all, I observed them waiting on the people in front of us and I thought maybe if I were really nice to them they would be nicer to me....that didn't help at all. Our room wasn't ready and I asked when would be a good time to come back I was told, "whenever." I saw the breakfast when I got coffee and it looked pretty good although I didn't have time to try it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple