“Go for the view at Sunset”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Jack Baker's Lobster Shanty - CLOSED

Jack Baker's Lobster Shanty
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Caledonia, Wisconsin
“Go for the view at Sunset”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

Recently went to the Lobster Shanty for dinner with my wife. The view at sunset was great. The food was above average but not great. My wife had the shrimp and I had the fish combo. Both meals were served hot but the portions were average. I would grade out the service as above average. Corn fritters were terrific.

• Visited October 2013

“Nice dinner- food 4, atmosphere 5”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Great place for a sunset dinner. The food was good, the sunset on the deck was amazing. Very nice, very enjoyable- it helped that we had perfect weather. The only issue was that we needed bug spray!

Cicero,New York
“Going back to Jack's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

We have been here many, many times over the last four years. We have been as a couple, with friends, and also brought our grandsons . Our hostess Justine always has a warm welcome and takes us to a seat that is comfortable and just right for enjoying the marvelous river views. We love the early bird special menu. Always something for everyone, even non alcoholic drinks and dessert included in one reasonable price. We return again and again and the food and service is aways very good.

• Visited February 2013
merritt island, florida
“great view, bad food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

I took a friend there for a birthday dinner, and was so embarrassed. We missed the sunset, which was a shame, because they do have a beautiful set up on the water. As far as the.food, I thought the menu prices were too high, only a few entree on the menu under 20.00 This would have been o.k. if the food had been good, but this was not the case. I had the lobster tail, which was grilled, and tough. Even my baked potato wasn't cooked all the way through. There were four of us in my party and no one was happy with their food. Even the little bday cake they brought out for my friend was stale and tasted like a mix. The only food item I enjoyed were the complimentary corn fritters. What a waste of 35.00 (per person). Years ago they had a nice salad bar, and they don't even have that anymore. I wouln't go back unless for drinks on the outside deck. I could've had a better meal at Denny's.

• Visited September 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Great Place to Eat, Relax and Enjoy the View”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

The Lobster Shanty is where I wanted to eat every night of my vacation. It had an incredible outside area that, by itself, makes it worth coming back to again and again. If you were lucky enough to come during sunset the view is amazing. Our table was literally right next to the water. My girls were playing in it, while waiting for our food. Our service was great and the food was delicious. The seafood tasted like it was very fresh.

Of course we didn't dine indoors, so I can't comment on that area, but the outside was very family friendly, which sometimes is hard to find in nicer restaurants. There was even a little sand area next to us, that the kids enjoyed after dinner. I also have to mention the CRÈME BRÚLÈE. This stuff was so good, I thought I was going to lick they bowl!!! Delicious!!!

• Visited October 2012