“Hidden Gem”
Review of The Fat Snook

The Fat Snook
Reserve with OpenTable
The Fat Snook is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 171 Restaurants in Cocoa Beach
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a casual beachside restaurant packed with a tremendous passion for fresh, local seafood, top quality seasonal ingredients, hand selected boutique-style wines and craft beers from across the world. Since opening in May of 2007, The Fat Snook has been dedicated to supporting local purveyors; Which has enabled us to showcase some of the finest ingredients Florida has to offer.
Mansfield, Pennsylvania
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

This by far my favorite restaurant experience in Cocoa Beach. The small restaurant was decorated very romantic. Our server Janie (sorry this might be close) was very friendly and extremely knowledgeable about the specials and the wine list. She asked many questions to determine which boutique wine we would enjoy. The menu is lovely and just the right amount of items to choice from. We had the blue crab special to start. The presentation was beautiful and the unique combination of flavors was outstanding. My husband had the grouper special and I had the triple fin fish and both were amazing!!!! Cooked to perfection. Each bite we put in our months we just glanced at each other and kept saying how delicious it was. For dessert we shared the flourless chocolate torte with raspberries and a glass of port. It too was out of this world delicious. The service was top notch as well. I highly recommend making a reservation and treating yourself to this fantastic restaurant!!!!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank mrsboyden

“Should be #1”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Truly, wonderful most mouth watering grouper. Must have seafood at this restaurant.
Prepared with a lot of love and depth of flavor.
Heath was very knowledgeable of menu and friendly.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank sassysoap
“Big things coming out of a small place”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

The Fat Snook is a small (16 tables) establishment that has earned a deservedly excellent reputation with Cocoa Beach locals and visitors alike. I was lucky to get a reservation on a Thursday night, literally snagged the last table in the packed restaurant. The meal was delicious, atmosphere fun and energetic, and service friendly and attentive. Arrive early if you can, front door parking is very limited.

Vancouver, Canada
“Run to the place but be sure to make a reservation”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

A great meal. I would return again and again. Great service. Great food. Very decent wine list that catered to all tastes.

boston
“Probably best food and service ever”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We have been coming to Fat Snook for well over a year now. Whenever we travel here we immediately call for a reservation and ask for Heath to be our server. If there were a server Olympics Heath would win the gold! Having said that service without great food is an ok place, and great food with out great service is also just ok. Fat Snook delivers both! When we arrived we were greeted by Heath with a welcoming hug. He said he saw we were on the reservation list and asked if he could take our menus away, as he planned our entire meal already. I have to tell you I was so excited to see and taste what he had chosen, knowing we had been going there long enough to know he knew what we liked for food and wine. He did not disappoint we had a fabulous beer fingerling potato soup to share (he knows we always share the appetizer). If I could have licked the bowl I would have, he also paired our wine and it was spot on. He brought us each a seafood dish, one that was not on the menu, both were great. I have to mention there is always a tasting bite of something from the chef, tonight was a sweet potato polenta with arugala aioli and crispy fried leeks, I could have eaten a plateful. We finished with buttermilk ice cream in a salted graham cracker crust, with fresh strawberries on top, with that he served muscato, I am not usually a fan of this type of wine, but was an unbelievable combination. I cannot wait to come back next month. I only fear that too many good reviews and we will not be able to get a reservation. Heath and the fabulous flavors that come out of the kitchen make it a wonderful dining experience like no other.