“Wow, what a spectacular evening with amazing food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Fat Snook

The Fat Snook
Reserve with OpenTable
The Fat Snook is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 168 Restaurants in Cocoa Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are a casual beachside restaurant packed with a tremendous passion for fresh, local seafood, top quality seasonal ingredients, hand selected boutique-style wines and craft beers from across the world. Since opening in May of 2007, The Fat Snook has been dedicated to supporting local purveyors; Which has enabled us to showcase some of the finest ingredients Florida has to offer.
“Wow, what a spectacular evening with amazing food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

I have driven by this place for 7 years, sorry I didn't stop in earlier. What an outstanding experience.

White Plains, New York
“Superb in every way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

From the greeting by our server Dante to the final savory bite of our market fish dinner the experience was a total pleasure. Dante set the scene with a top notch rendering of the restaurants credentials and a detailed description of how the food is procured and prepared ( nothing other than locally sourced fish and vegetables). Each dish was creative and delicious. Service was attentive yet unobtrusive.

Brandon, Florida
“Unassuming Gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

I finally had the opportunity to visit The Fat Snook recently, and was not disappointed. Recommended by a friend, I had to try it, and finally had the chance. The exterior is unassuming, and looks like a store front, nothing fancy at all; however the food is exactly the opposite! My Father and I were there recently, and enjoyed good service and great food. Believe me, as a resident of the Tampa area, there is very little to choose from, and this certainly surpasses most of what Tampa (the big city) has to offer. My biggest complaint about restaurants in Tampa is noise and cold food (doesn't matter how "5-star" they think they are!!!). The food at The Fat Snook was served piping hot (as it should be), in a timely manner, the fish was fresh, and with very inventive preparation. Both my Father and I had the market fish selections (there were two) which were really FRESH, and very well prepared. I also had dessert, the chocolate cup, which was heavenly and accented with chili which highlighted the chocolate flavours - only criticism is that I would have preferred the chocolate to be a little darker. However, no real complaints. Our server, Heath was knowledgeable, and presented the wines with a certain 'aplomb'. The wine selection is small, but good, I had the Pinot Noir offering which was very good, and my Father the Chardonnay which, I must say, was VERY nice! This place is one that should be on your must visit or "bucket list" in this area as there are really few to choose from in the region. Dress was more casual than I expected - there were some in jeans and tees (REALLY?!!), I would recommend smart casual instead.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Central Florida, Florida
“True fine dining in Brevard - #1 of the top 3”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

From start to finish The Fat Snook was a wonderful culinary and service experience. We live in Melbourne, FL just 25 min away and have tried most of the better restaurants in the area. I rank The Fat Snook as the best of the top three restaurants in the Melbourne and Cocoa area. Number two is the Yellow Dog Cafe and third is the Dove II.

Our meal was expertly explained and served by Dante (you will see his name mentioned in other reviews), but in watching the other wait staff during our meal I could tell that everyone there was a cut above any other establishment around the area. Our starter was the crab cake, and though that sounds ho hum, I can assure you that it was not. The cake was made with fresh crab, perfectly seasoned and served on a lovely cheese twill, homemade gherkins, and a Carolina BBq sauce adaptation, yes I said BBq sauce, that was a perfect compliment to the sweet and savory fresh crab. We also had the onion dill bread served with a sweet mango butter. We both thought that the butter's sweetness overpowered the subtle flavors in the bread, and that would be our only critique for the night. Well, just a nit, the music played in the background seemed out of place for the atmosphere they were trying to create.

Our entees were the catch of the day which last night was a locally caught black grouper. Incredible! Without going into detail, if the server says the chef will only season with salt and olive oil because the fish is so fresh and delicious on its own - make that your selection. It was an amazing dish served with sweet sauté squash. Our other entree was the Pablano Shrimp served over a pumpkin polenta. Words can't describe how great this dish was. Even if you don't love, but just like shrimp, the seasoning, the freshness of the shrimp and the presentation make this entree a star.

And finally, the desserts. The Fat Snook is known for their key lime pie, or so Dante explained to us, but we soon realized that he was telling the truth. You haven't had a key lime pie like this no matter how many you have had. Try it. Our other dessert was a Mexican chocolate pudding (I apologize that I can't remember the actual name of the dessert) seasoned with cayenne and topped with a fresh whipped cream - just a small dollop. This dessert will impress any true dark chocolate lover. Those who have had dark chocolate with cayenne already know what a wonder combination this was. Dante also did a great job of explaining how the whipped cream interacted with the spicy flavors.

We were served two different, and free, samples of the chef's creations during the meal. Not only was that a nice touch, but it served to showcase Chef's skills and understanding of flavors, preparation and execution.

This is your #1 fine dining experience in Brevard folks. We feel lucky to live in the area and finally tried a place we have been hearing about for quite sometime. Call a day or two in advance for reservations - they only have 14 tables and it looked like they try to do three seatings each night. That being said, we did make our reservation on the same day by leaving a message on the phone. They called me back not long after I called and confirmed out table. My take is that if I call a day or two in advance I can get a better table and not the one we had by the kitchen last night. It wasn't bad, just a busy traffic area.

Getting there - coming from the south on A1A, The Fat Snook as north of Patrick AFB and just before A1A splits. It will be on your left. Slow down or you will miss it.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank GuyJ669
Cocoa Beach, Florida
“THE BEST FOOD AND SERVICE IN CENTRAL FLORIDA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

What a pleasant surprise to find this little jewel. The food is a fantastic and the service is excellent. One visit and you will have a new favorite restaurant.

2 Thank KingAirblade