“Space coast marathon dinner”
Review of The Fat Snook

The Fat Snook
Reserve with OpenTable
The Fat Snook is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 171 Restaurants in Cocoa Beach
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a casual beachside restaurant packed with a tremendous passion for fresh, local seafood, top quality seasonal ingredients, hand selected boutique-style wines and craft beers from across the world. Since opening in May of 2007, The Fat Snook has been dedicated to supporting local purveyors; Which has enabled us to showcase some of the finest ingredients Florida has to offer.
Fort Lauderdale
“Space coast marathon dinner”
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Awesome food, service & ambiance!! This restaurant is a must on our trip here again next year!! Sara our server was very knowledgable in the food selection and the wine list was superb!

3 Thank Kathy C

Melbourne, Florida
“Lived up to the reviews”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Found this place on TA and went there for my Wife's birthday. Very glad we did. This was easily one of the top meals we have had in Brevard County.
The hostess was on top of everything, we were seated next to a loud mouth trying to impress two women with his business knowledge. It wasn't two minutes that the hostess appeared and quietly offered to move us to a quieter spot. The wait staff was knowledgeable and very attentative. Only negative about the staff is they do not know their wine list; they offer a French Burgundy that is great with Snapper and they had no idea.
The menu is about the right size, not too many different offerings; they are not trying to be everything to everyone. Snapper special was really Snapper, very fresh and cooked very well. We saw several dishes as they were being served and all looked great, nothing was sent back by anyone. Cowboy beef was huge, smelled delicious.
Two small issues, common to most facilities. First, classic Caesar salad has no anchovies, I really like them in the dressing on this salad; second the vegetables were al dente but that seems to be the modern trend.

2 Thank babbydaddy52
Huntington Beach, California
“Love, love, love this place!!”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I went here while in the area on business. The colleague with me was astounded with the first rate fresh fish. We both ended up with a beautifully prepared grouper. I had the beet salad and he had the she crab soup. We both loved our starters. The desserts at the end are also delicious. I had a chocolate cheesecake, not too rich or cheesy but perfect. He had the key lime pie which he declared the best he has ever had. Each time I have earn here, the servers know the menu, specials and beverages so well you'd think they were the chefs. Listening to our server provide the description of the specials it was like painting a visual taste treat. Hard to decide on the great offerings this place has on the regular menu, let alone the nightly specials. This place is very small so reservations are really needed.

4 Thank Loves2TravelALOT_11
Cocoa, Florida, USA
“What a treat for foodies of Brevard”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Heard of this restaurant from friends. Was not disappointed. The fish was great, the service excellent. I truly think that this is the best restaurant in Brevard. To find some place equivalent to this one, you will have to go to Orlando. Fish lovers, do not miss the Fat Snook, it is a gem. The wine list is great as well.
The only negative would be the noise level (the place was full), and the lack of space between the tables ( a little bit too crowded)

3 Thank Daniel D
Smyrna, Georgia, United States
“Fantastic Anniversary Dinner”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

For our ninth anniversary, we had just arrived for an upcoming cruise and I wanted to have a great meal after a seven-hr drive from Atlanta. I left a message from the road and Justin called back. We got reservations for 8pm. I told my wife we were dining at the Fat Snook and she couldn't stop laughing at the cute name of the restaurant. But the dinner was no joke. This was extraordinary, exactly what I had intended for a special evening. On the way there my GPS wasn't working and Justin guided us in to the parking lot over the phone.We were casually dressed from our trip and it was not a problem there. The entire staff had signed a nice card wishing us a happy anniversary which we discovered on our table before ordering. I had the Wild Blue crab appetizer(I'm from Maryland and this was amazing-it came with a fried green tomato and Amish mustard), a fresh orange/almond salad, and an excellent Filet. My wife had the Ropa Vieja appetizer, a surprisingly good spinach salad, and shrimp & grits that were very good. We had a great bottle (Sancerre Sauvignon Blanc) of wine with dinner. There were little extras throughout and the staff doted on us. For dessert we had a ganache chocolate cheesecake served with a shot of dark German beer and peanut brittle. This place was as good as any fine dining experience we've had around the country.

2 Thank Frank K