“Consistently Wonderful” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Fat Snook

The Fat Snook
Reserve with OpenTable
The Fat Snook is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 168 Restaurants in Cocoa Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are a casual beachside restaurant packed with a tremendous passion for fresh, local seafood, top quality seasonal ingredients, hand selected boutique-style wines and craft beers from across the world. Since opening in May of 2007, The Fat Snook has been dedicated to supporting local purveyors; Which has enabled us to showcase some of the finest ingredients Florida has to offer.
Indian Harbour Beach, FL
“Consistently Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I have been enjoying this establishment since it opened. We count it among the top three restaurants in the Space Coast region. Whenever we've taken visiting friends and family, they come away with the same impression: "what a great meal!" Creative menu. Friendly staff. Great wine selection. Although fish is a specialty, the cocoa rubbed beef dish is incredible. The key lime pie is to die for! The restaurant is tucked away in a small storefront, but the proprietors make attractive use of every inch of the place. Don't miss The Fat Snook.

2 Thank John D

Cocoa Beach, Florida
“Not as Good as Before”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have eaten here several times, the last was about 6 months ago. This time everything was good to very good, but nothing was great. The black grouper special was very bland and the meat was not real firm. The tripletail special was good. The scallops were good. I had the blackened chicken which was OK, something I could make as well at home. All in all it was a good meal but a $230 bill for four to get B+ food was disappointing. All other nights I have been here have been outstanding so I'm hoping this was an off night.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Gary C
Morristown, New Jersey
“Terrific Restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I took my two adult children to the Fat Snook this past Saturday and I was delighted to see they had a good crowd, everyone having a good time. The food was spectacular. Two of us had the Maryland crab soup, rich with lump backfin crab meat and a creamy texture (but not thick), and one had a delicious crab cake on avocado and pork belly. For an entree, I had the Poblano Pesto Shrimp with the cheddar pumpkin grits. This was the best version of shrimp and grits I have every had. The grits had the best flavor I have tasted and the shrimp was beautifully done. My daughter had the duck breast that she loved and my son had "Catch #1" that he really enjoyed (they have two special fish dishes each night). The wine list was great, and there are some local beers on tap (Carribean pilsner) that are delicious.

My daughter said "Gee I wish my fiance and I had known about this place when we came to Cocoa Beach last time". The restaurant is not inexpensive: entrees run from $22 on the lower end to $32 for the Catchs and some other dishes. But for a special meal, it is as good as it gets even by our New York, New Jersey standards.

3 Thank NolaAK
Dayton, TN
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A delightful banquet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

We went to three other restaurants in Cocoa Beach and looked at their menus before arriving at The Fat Snook. We were thoroughly glad that we stayed. Our food was exquisite; we enjoyed braised duck breast, free-form goat cheese lasagna, and crab cake, and all agreed that the pesto shrimp and pumpkin grits were easily the most remarkable dish any of us had tasted in recent memory. Everything was unique without being over-the-top, and flavorful while being understated and subtle. On top of that, the manager and cook worked with us to accommodate a significant food allergy (wheat and sugar), creating a custom dish with shrimp and fresh veggies that was delicious. The service was ideal--our waitress was helpful, fun, and the perfect balance between being present when we needed something without hovering over us. While the prices meant that this was a special treat, we all agreed that we would gladly drive the hour back to Cocoa Beach just to dine at The Fat Snook again someday. Well worth paying a few extra dollars for the extra care, creativity, and artistry that was clearly underneath our food and dining experience as a whole.

1 Thank dinendal7
Alexandria, Virginia
“Gourmet Highlight in Cocoa Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

It's not easy to please a well-traveled omnivore father, a vegetarian teenage daughter, and a son who eats nothing but chicken tenders and pizza. But The Fat Snook accomplished it.

We had been underwhelmed by much of the other food in Cocoa Beach, and got a recommendation for The Fat Snook which we were glad we followed. My own meal compared with some of the best I've had in NY, San Francisco, San Diego, etc. My daughter found a vegetarian pasta that she thought was outstanding. Most notably, our server Denise enthusiastically worked to negotiate a tasty grilled chicken that my son accepted. An excellent Oregon Pinot Noir was available by the glass. For me, that is.

The outside is plain, the inside is warm and elegant, probably quite romantic when one is not with one's teenage children. The service was perfect.

My son was completely won over when the waitress revealed that his hero, the Washington Nationals' Jayson Werth, often dines at The Fat Snook when the team is in nearby Viera for spring training. Apparently his wine budget is bigger than mine – but we were glad to know that Jayson's taste coincided with our own. Please go and try this restaurant.

• Visited March 2013