“great every time”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Fat Snook

The Fat Snook
Reserve with OpenTable
The Fat Snook is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 169 Restaurants in Cocoa Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are a casual beachside restaurant packed with a tremendous passion for fresh, local seafood, top quality seasonal ingredients, hand selected boutique-style wines and craft beers from across the world. Since opening in May of 2007, The Fat Snook has been dedicated to supporting local purveyors; Which has enabled us to showcase some of the finest ingredients Florida has to offer.
boston
“great every time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I cannot say enough about this restaurant. Don't be scared off in its off the beaten path location. Also best to have a reservation since it is not a huge place. We come here for business every time we are in the area for business. The menu is not huge, but everything is fresh and made with local fresh ingredients. There are always market specials and 90 % of the time that is what we have ordered. Everything is in the perfect balance, from the portion size to the blending of different flavors. They have a unique ability to cook with various ingredients that always seem to compliment the main dish, without anything being overpowering. I am not usually a dessert eater, mostly because I use to bake and sell them, my impress line is very high. Our waiter Heath described the banana toffee pie to us. First of all just listening to Heath describe an entree or special is like theater, you actually can taste it after he describes it. Anyway, the pie was to die for, one of the best desserts I have had, the flavors were spectacular. Also they know their wine, and will not steer you wrong on your selection, and never have they tried to convince you to go up in price to do the up sell.
The entire waitstaff is great, but if you are lucky enough to get Heath as your server you have hit the jackpot!

1 Thank pignap

“OK but expensive with some odd food combinations...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Visited with four others for dinner during a business trip. The atmosphere is good for a strip mall restaurant but the place seemed rather small and a little dark. The service was very good. I had the "She Crab" soup which was recommended but I didn't like it. It tasted like the yellow mustard from a blue crab which was overpowering and it contained very little crab meat. It also had an after taste which stuck with me through dinner. I ordered a fish special which was very good. However there was a side of diced tomatoes which tasted like tomatoes that had been frozen and then thawed. The other side was corn in a sause which was very good. The menu seemed a little pretentious and the prices were a little high for the food. If you like to pay a lot of money for presentation and odd choices of food combinations you will like this restaurant.

Hudson, FL
“A Good Evening Out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

We had a good meal at this upscale restaurant tonight. The food was good and so was the service, but I do feel it was overpriced. Our server was friendly, helpful and efficient. We enjoyed our time there but weren't really overwhelmed with the restaurant. There was nothing negative during our experience at Fat Snook. We may return on another trip.

Maryland
“Return to The Fat Snook”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Last year's meal at The Fat Snook was great so I had to go back one year later. It was still great! We had reservations and were seated right away. Server, Wanda, was wonderful, knew her product and treated us really well. I had the Cuba Libre Pork Belly, jicama salad and yuca. Afraid to say this is now my favorite dish. Most delicious dish I ever had. One of the guys with us wanted to lick the plate of leftover blackberry and fig reduction he had on his duck. I know because I had the duck last year and it is my second favorite dish. Great food, prices very reasonable. Plan to return next year when I get back to Cocoa Beach.

2 Thank MDOCguy
Huntington Beach, California
“Best place around.. excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

I had eaten here before when visiting and found it to be unique for the area. Many of the places here fry their fish ( Yuck) but they have an excellent variety of locally caught fresh fish an the preparations are wonderful. I went with a business associate and I had a local cobia, a swordfish type cut, grilled and presented on top of the best sauce ( very little, just to compliment it) and a black bean cake and heirloom tomatoes. It was unbelievable. My friend had the scallops and shrimp dish from their menu and she loved it. Excellent! Cant say enough about this place which has been there for 6 years now. It is a bit hard to find and reservations are suggested since its small. Denise was out server and her knowledge of the menu, the preparations and recommendations were amazing. Love this place

Visited March 2013