“Best place around.. excellent!”
Review of The Fat Snook

The Fat Snook
Reserve with OpenTable
The Fat Snook is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 167 Restaurants in Cocoa Beach
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a casual beachside restaurant packed with a tremendous passion for fresh, local seafood, top quality seasonal ingredients, hand selected boutique-style wines and craft beers from across the world. Since opening in May of 2007, The Fat Snook has been dedicated to supporting local purveyors; Which has enabled us to showcase some of the finest ingredients Florida has to offer.
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I had eaten here before when visiting and found it to be unique for the area. Many of the places here fry their fish ( Yuck) but they have an excellent variety of locally caught fresh fish an the preparations are wonderful. I went with a business associate and I had a local cobia, a swordfish type cut, grilled and presented on top of the best sauce ( very little, just to compliment it) and a black bean cake and heirloom tomatoes. It was unbelievable. My friend had the scallops and shrimp dish from their menu and she loved it. Excellent! Cant say enough about this place which has been there for 6 years now. It is a bit hard to find and reservations are suggested since its small. Denise was out server and her knowledge of the menu, the preparations and recommendations were amazing. Love this place

4  Thank Loves2TravelALOT_11
Write a ReviewReviews (1,044)

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Fantastic dinner with fresh seafood. A shout out to our waiter Kyle who was very helpful. She crab soup to die for.

1  Thank mhenrdh
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My first visit. Make reservations as is a small quaint restaurant. I called day of and was able to get in, but was during the week. Will definitely go back again when in the area. We shared the blue crab appetizer and I had the spinach salad and Cobia. All was perfectly prepared and nice presentation. Sarah was our server - attentive and knowledgable.

3  Thank Robin W
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The food and fusion you can't make at home...nor had at your own local "great restaurant".This is uncanny fusion of tastes ..do not miss the blue crab appetizer of the day, and check out the local fish dishes. Whoever the chef, a master of herbs and textures. Also, an added attraction for menus education is Erica, our server.

2  Thank Claudiajoyce
Reviewed March 2, 2013

The 1st time I visited the Fat Snook it was great (see my 1st review). This time was on the weekend not during the week when it was slower. Unlike the first time, the server was impatient with us and would not even consider letting us make any changes to the way the food was prepared because of our dietary needs. I will give them one more try but if it is like this last time I will go elsewhere in the future!

1  Thank coolbreeze7100