“Had to check it out!”
Review of Ron Jon Surf Shop

Ron Jon Surf Shop
Ranked #2 of 22 Shopping in Cocoa Beach
Reviewed June 28, 2013

All the Ron Jon signs makes you wonder what the deal is. In my travels I have seen this name, bumper stickers, etc. I grew up in NJ, so that was probably where I heard of Ron Jon first. Anyway I had to see what all the hype was about.

If you are a surfer or beach lover you will be in heaven! If you are a tourist looking for good brands of clothing or logo wear you can find it all here. The place is huge and packed full of just about anything related to sun, surf and water and the sports that go along with them. They have a small parking lot where you can park for free. Unless you are lucky you may resign yourself to pay the meters. A little secret ... turn in the street on the north end. It is a one way street, and there are a number of free spots that seem to be more available. I think it is because everyone heads up the street on the south end, looks in the usually full parking lot, and head for the meters because they cannot go down the one way street.

Great place to see and browse for your personal treasures!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,652)

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Check it out if you haven't already. I wanted to show my kiddo this famous place that I had been to 27 years ago!!! My how it has changed. It seemed to consume an entire city block. It was fun to see the beautiful surfboards and skate boards. I was actually disappointed with the famous tshirts.

I remember them being so wild and funky with the logo on the breast and wild print on the back. They were too tame! Bring back the funky wild foliage and crazy designs. The tshirt colors were loud, but I would rather have an all-out crazy well designed print rather than the washed out trendy fabric or neon fabric of the tshirt color. Oh well. Still bought one shirt for my husband. Was prepared to buy shirts for 5+ people. Still a great experience.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Took a brief visit to Ron Jon's Surf Shop, initially, just to get some air conditioning in the scorching heat. Really enjoyed looking around, and surprisingly, found the place very reasonable considering it has quite a captive market.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Adults and kids can find a souvenir in this establishment. Very large and wide range of surf items, clothing and souvenirs.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

A must see/shop favorite of ours. Its like your normal beach store on steroids. You can find a little something for everyone right up to the serious surfers.

This time my 13 yr old wanted to try skim boarding. The staff set us up with an entry level board and took the time to give some very helpful suggestions.