“Thanks to the manager and staff for a great stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sea Aire Motel

Sea Aire Motel
Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Indiana
“Thanks to the manager and staff for a great stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2006

The Sea Aire is a wonderful motel right on the beach. The manager and staff work hard to make sure everyone is taken care of just like family. I was able to visit and stay at the motel for five days and four nights. During my stay I saw how much efort is put in to making the guests feel welcome. There is a large shelter facing the ocean with plenty of picnic tables, swings, and room to have a lovely wedding. I can picture how beautiful the setting would be for all the guests to be looking out at the ocean during the ceremony. The rooms at the Sea Aire with ocean views have two doors. One faces the ocean and the other faces the back of the room. The kitchen has a stove and refrigerator. And there are even plates, cups, and silverware. It is very convenient with the internet hook-up in the room. Thanks for a great time in Cocoa Beach. I will be coming back this spring and I hope to bring the rest of my family.

• Liked — The manager and the staff treat you well.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled solo
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank bsu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Ft Scott, KS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2006

We traveled with my sister, brother-in-law & two nephews. We started our vacation with 5 days & nights at Disney World Resot & park. After arriving at the Sea Aire - we wished it had been the other way around. The rooms are not fancy, but are very comfortable. The staff is wonderful and the access to the beach is right out your door. At night we were able to turn off the AC & listen to the surf. We felt very safe & secure. This is a great family place to relax & enjoy the south florida sunshine. We will be staying at the Sea Aire again.

• Liked — location & price
  • Disliked — Having yo come home
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask the office staff for the best local food & attractions -
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank stewemom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2006

This is a gem on the florida coast. The Sea Aire is an old florida motel that has management and staff who truly care for this place...the quality of this care is reflected in impecabble cleaniness, upkeep, and a genuine home feel. The attention given to this establishment by its staff is truly amazing and the dedication to maintaining this jewel is clearly visible at all times!

There is a great sense of community in the fellow travelers....ranging in age from babies to elderly visitors....everyone joins in on the fun!!!! We spent many nights talking, sharing and relishing our time here with fellow guests.

The Sea Aire has gorgeous unencumbered views of the atlantic coast, and a few steps from the beach.

I highly recommend this family friendly, clean, wholesome, and simple slice of life vacation retreat....

• Stayed July 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2006

We stay at this old motel because it reminds us of trips to Florida when we were kids. We take this Motel for what it is and love the fact that they make no pretense at being luxurious but rather revel in the fact that they are an old fashioned, family run and family oriented motel. It is not located on the RonJon Surf and pier side of the beach, so if you want to be in the middle of the excitement you will not like this place. Rather, it is in the smaller, older, more residential part of Cocoa Beach. There are several very nice places to eat well within walking distance. The town is very small and clean and well partolled by police officers. It is just off A1A by a block.

The hotel sits directly on the beach and has a beach entrances with freshwater showers on each side of the property. Parking was adequate if you have just one vehicle per room. They have boogie boards and surf boards and shovels and buckets to rent if you want them. There are benches and swings facing the beach, as well as picnic tables. The price is good and the rooms were large, with kitchenettes, fully stocked with cooking and serving utensils. There is an outside grill and smoker on a covered dining pavillion in the courtyard area facing the sea. The grass, vegetation, pathways, beach, and parking lot were all well kept. All rooms are on the ground floor level. They have no pool.

The rooms have no carpet and are tiled. The airconditioners in both our rooms cooled very well. Brooms are provided in all the rooms to sweep the floors as you will notice sand much more on tile floors. We never saw a roach which is excellent for Florida! The beds were average but not too comfortable. The linens were clean and adequate. Our bathrooms were larger than most hotel bathrooms and were furnished with sample sized soap, shampoo, lotion, and toothpaste, and were renewed daily if needed. There were at least 3 windows in both our rooms, so you never have the dark or dingy feeling you often get in hotels. We had the two rooms just outside the front street entrance to the office. The staff were so sweet to us and tolerated our 3 teens without a even a grimace. We never noticed any unsavory characters lurking around the property. One bad thing is that the desk clerk smoked incessantly and the office smells like smoke, but we managed to put up with it during a short check in process.

If you are looking for lobbies, amenities, room service or any luxury go elsewhere!! This is a basic motel but well maintained. The second and third week in April are very busy at the North end of Cocoa Beach and some of it trickles down to the south end where this motel is located. I would book ahead as rooms go fast in April.

• Stayed April 2006
4 Thank emomshart
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2006

I was born and raised in Orlando. The "Sea Aire has been my weekend get away since I was a teenager. (My now "X" husband proposed to me there.) I still prefer to stay at the Sea air, rather than the high rise hotels. there are window units, not central a/c, but you can look out your door from almost any unit and watch your kids play. It's a small, quaint little place where the orlando locals go to relax and enjoy Cocoa Beach. There is a great
pavillion with outdoor grills. Many families come together here for reunions. It will always be one of my favorite places in Florida

Stayed May 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2006

Well, I was convinced to stay at this little place due to the reviews on this site - and I was excited to be going on a charming little mid-century adventure.

WHAT a disappointment. The place isn't quaint, it's just old. The AC was so wimpy that it couldn't cool the room in January - I hate to think what it would be like in July. The tile floors always had condensation on them from the humidity and therefore felt quite icky to walk on in bare feet. The dark paneled walls and low ceilings were flat-out oppressive. I won't even mention the lack of a king-sized bed.

We had the corner unit, and the lights from the building next to it shone directly in the corner windows. I could not fall asleep until 4 a.m. Then the sounds of people talking loudly right outside our beachside door woke me up at 7 a.m. - there is ZERO privacy - you don't feel like you can open your blinds or leave your door open to the sounds of the surf that you paid so much money for.

Bring your own shampoo - NO toiletries provided.

We were so disappointed that we left the very next morning - and they would NOT issue us a refund for the additional 3 days I had reserved. So - despite that fact, we were SO miserable that we walked away from THREE HUNDRED BUCKS and went up the road to the Best Western Oceanfront and gladly paid twice the price for a wonderful experience. And money is tight for us.

I've seen better Girl Scout camps - and they don't charge $100/night nonrefundable.

I was trying to save a buck or two - but my new motto is: "A lack mentality will cost you money every single time."

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2005

We just returned from a much-needed long weekend at the Sea-Aire. All in all it was a great value in a great location!! The efficiency was very clean, the staff (Glen) was very friendly and our stay was extremely quiet and peaceful. One minor suggestion: provide non-stick pans or travelers be certain to bring Pam if you intend on cooking.
Beautiful grounds, beautiful setting and both romantic and family-friendly. We made a point to get up and watch the sunrise from the porch swing. Highly recommended!! Thank you for a great weekend.

• Stayed December 2005