“Amazing!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Lees Summit, Missouri, United States
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

This place was great! Great points: rooms were clean, inexpensive, staff was amazing, picnic area and grill, room for the kids to run around, onsite washer/dyer, last but not least the VIEWS!!!! My family could not imagine staying at a large resort after our stay at Sea Air, after spending the day at the beach we could go bar-b-q and play games in the open area. It was about 40 minute drive to Disney; which just meant more family time. My family can not wait to go back!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Joslynn0312

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

I stayed here in July 2010, found it on the web but then discovered that a friend had stayed here as well. If you are looking for a serviceable, inexpensive location with great beach access - then this is the place for you. My only complaint is that there is not a bathtub (has a tiled shower stall).

We were doing a beach/Disney combo stay, and it was really nice to be able to relax with a walk on the beach after the frantic activity of a full day at Disney parks. I really didn't mind the commute to the parks, found it to be a great time to discuss the days agenda.

The service was pleasant and adequate. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank sairam66
Vancouver Island, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

We enjoyed being right on the ocean and played lots in the water. Location is just fantastic plus the kind staff at the motel let us borrow a whole bunch of sand toys for the kids and some small body boards. Don't expect modern and well maintained rooms (ie. duct tape covering a hole in the bathtub). It's all about location. We loved the old-school charm of this place and would recommend the Sea Aire Motel.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean facing room
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Michelleruss
Gaithersburg, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2012

I stayed here in mid-March 2012 while visiting the Viera, FL area to catch some baseball Spring Training. This motel has a great view of, and access to, a wonderful beach, and has a nice grassy common area out back to relax, and even BBQ, if you're so inclined, but the room I stayed in was in a pretty shabby state. The sink and tub both had a layer of soap scum on them, and there was hair in the shower left from a previous tenant, the beds must have been, at a minimum, 10 years old with zero support left, there was a thick layer of dust on blinds and lights, and the appliances and lights rusty or just generally old. Honestly, I've stayed in WAY better budget hotels in Mexico for the same amount of money and had a much better experience. I definitely would not spend my money here again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank grifter776
Amherst, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

a kitschy 50's style one story motel, right on the beach with wonderful views. Management is so friendly. Inexpensive and you have to make your own bed but the visitors are all friendly and it feels so safe. No fancy amenities but plenty of chairs and picnic tables. Just a great place to stay. We're going back again next year!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Shainasparky
Cocoa Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

We visit cocoa beach all the time to stay with parents. This was the first time there wasn't room with them so had to find something else. We went to La Quinta, International Palms because they were closest to parents, but happily stumbled upon the Sea Aire Motel. Had walked past it many times, but never looked. I was a little reluctant at first because it is truly a "motel", but if you are going to Cocoa Beach, we wanted to be on the beach, and there is no better place that the Sea Aire. Had an ocean front room. The rooms were what you would expect. They had a refrigerator, stove, etc., but no microwave in room, I would have liked that, just to heat up our leftovers every day. But, they had one in office we could use. Met Michelle and Gary on check in and both were so wonderful, very nice and they gave us a great deal for a week! Rooms were clean and it is a "self-service" motel, which I wasn't sure about, but worked out fine. That meant we had to bring them our soiled towels and exchange for new ones, which ended up being fine. They said they would change sheets if we wanted, but we were fine with new towels every few days. Every morning we could get up and walk the beach right in front and then back for breakfast sitting in front of our unit, or on one of the picnic tables available to all with the sun and ocean right there. The ocean view and sound is wonderful, many people would sleep with the door open, I preferred the hum of the air conditioning, but either is wonderful. Gary was very attentive to anything we would need. With all the big condo units surrounding this lovely motel, we hope it stays there for a long time.

Room Tip: We had a middle oceanfront room, because the corner rooms seemed to be were people would walk by you...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank happyinflorida34145
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2011

I visited the Sea Aire Motel in 12/11. I was pleased when I arrived, until later the next day I went to use my Debit card. I had $56 left in my account. Sea Aire Motel had double charged my room and drained most of my funds from my account. After dealing with Sea Aire and my bank it would take 4-6 days for a refund to go through unless Sea Aire provided a fax on company letterhead with related info requesting a faster refund. Well Sea Aire never pervided my bank with this fax/info. After talking to some local restaurant/bars nearby. They informed me they have heard of the same complaints for others. So if you are rich and can afford being charged twice for a room or like to vacation on $10 a day budget Sea Aire is the place for you.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends