“Nothing Special”

Oh Shucks Seafood Bar
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Description: The only open air seafood bar on the beach! Enjoy cool ocean breezes while feasting on the freshest seafood in town.
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The happy hour food buffet is not very appealing. The chicken was very dry and flavorless, the pork was fatty and over cooked, the potatoes were floating in sauce and the fruit was not ripe. It took too long to get a drink and the overall atmosphere was uninviting. We left before the karaoke because we needed to get something edible to eat.

Jason V, General Manager at Oh Shucks Seafood Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

I am sorry you didn’t enjoy your experience with us.  The buffet you described is not for happy hour but one for Karoake night.  We plan to discontinue this because at $3  I don’t think it represents as it should to our guests. Instead we will do something more appealing for visitors.   As for service I will speak to the bartenders.  If you wouldn’t mind please send me the date and time of you visit.  You can reach me at lori@cocoabeachpier.com

Sincerely, Lori Stottler GM Cocoa Beach Pier

Reviewed March 1, 2013

My family and I were staying at the LaQuinta right next door, so the last day we were on the beach decided to have lunch there. It was very convenient to throw on a cover-up and flip flops and walk a short distance to get lunch. The food was acceptable. The drinks were a little pricey but okay. Our waitress (sorry, can't remember her name) was very attentive and nice. There are several families of pigeons that make their home under the rafters -- makes it a little strange to share your dining experience with pigeons walking under your table and flying over your heads. If that doesn't bother you, give it a try! We also enjoyed the nightly entertainment from our hotel deck.

Jason V, Manager at Oh Shucks Seafood Bar, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for visiting us. We apologize for the pigeons, it's been a long battle with them :)
Come see us again soon

Reviewed February 27, 2013

After 7 years in Cacoa Beach, well waht would I say about Oh Shucks Seafood Bar that outside on the left as you arrive at the Pier at Cocoa Beach and you will probably hear a band playing. When I say drop in as I prefer after the beach like I mentionned at the Sunset Waterfront Grill & Bar, but they are not the same. If you go to Oh Shucks before going to the beach and the music is on the up and up you will eat and drink and enjoy it for sure but there will be no beach so as I said after is better.

It is a very simple bar but a nice place the just sit back and relax and listen to the music and have a bite to eat as the food is good.

I did rate this bar average but it is between average and very good and yes I do recommend it for a late afternoon or early evening for a good time and once again you will never know who you will meet like me the guy from Gatineau, Quebec, Canada... Enjoy

Thank you for you're kind review. Please come see us again soon.

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I are spending a few days at the La Quinta Inn by the Cocoa Beach Pier and wandered in to Oh Shucks from the beach. Bartender Bill was very personable and made us feel right at home. For lunch I had Mahi fish sandwich Cajun style with fries and mas cervezas...it was fantastic! My wife had a Mahi salad and liked it very much. Laid back crowd this time of day. Didn't check out the nightlife but could hear a great band from our room.

Jason V, Manager at Oh Shucks Seafood Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you for dining with us..I will tell bill your kind comments. Please come see us again soon.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Nachos were a good app and the burger and fries were good too. Nice server. I enjoyed my piña Coloda but not the price for the tiny cup I got. Very convenient on the pier as we were on the beach for the day so it was right there.

Jason V, Manager at Oh Shucks Seafood Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Jody, thank you for visiting us and your kind review. We find that our 12oz frozen drinks are on par with most of the beach price wise. Remember mon - fri from 4 to 7 is happy hour half off the price you paid.

Jason V