“Cheap Food Doesn't mean Bad Food!”
Review of Taco City

Taco City
Ranked #49 of 169 Restaurants in Cocoa Beach
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Fort Worth, Texas
“Cheap Food Doesn't mean Bad Food!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was in Melbourne for work and happend by Taco City on a reccomendation from a friend. i must admit, I was a bit skeptical at first. The place is certainly a dive, but it won me over fairly quickly. I was there on a Tuesday, which happens to be Taco Tuesday. This means $2 tacos and $1 beers. Even if the tacos had been terrible, I'd say this was a great deal! The best part of it was that the Tacos were excellent! They were exactly what you would expect to get from a road-side taco shack and that was exactly what I was after. The $1 beers were a nice treat as well! They did have a few local brews on tab, which is always a nice touch. If you are looking for a cheap place to have a good time, this would certainly fit the bill.

The only complaint I have is that the Queso dip wasn't up to my standard. Being a self-proclaimed Tex-Mex expert, I do have fairly high-standards. It was sufficient, just not great.

Meredith
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good fun”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Fun place. Good place to take the kids. Food was good, portions were large, beer was cold. I enjoyed my visit and will go back.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
“Go to taco bell”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

After reading these reviews, I am very surprised that some people actually gave this place 5 stars. You walk in and seat yourself, order at the counter, get your own silverware and napkins... The staff barely acknowledges that you are their, talking about things they shouldn't in front of paying customers. Like complaining about their job, how slow business has been, theft from a previous worker, etc.... Not something you want to hear while your eating. We were literally the only one's here and they didn't even ask one time if we needed refills. The food was not good, tasteless, the meat was dry, and over priced for what it is. The children''s chicken and fries meal is dinosaur shaped chicken. The food is not fresh! I had 2 beef soft tacos it was so dry and tasteless that I poured hot sauce and salsa on it to give it some flavor. I would not recommend this place to anybody. Seriously, this is just a fast food joint with higher prices save some money and go to taco bell. Sorry to say but it's the truth and I am one who never eats fast food....
3 kids meals (dinosaur chicken and french fries), 2 entrees (2 soft tacos with no sides) (my husband had some huge burrito that he had to add salt to, because it had no flavor) , 1 appetizer (nachos) = $55

1 Thank schmidttravels
Palm Bay
“Great food, good prices and casual atmosphere”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

My husband and I have been coming here since '95. We moved away and recently retired back home, near Cocoa Beach. We were thrilled this awesome little restaurant is still in business. Not your average Mexican food-everything is really a notch above other local Mexican restaurants. The guacomole is absolutely delicious-we usually bring a pint home. The atmosphere is comfortable and casual. We love stopping in after a fun day at the beach. I love the taco shells-ok, they're fried but I enjoy indulging once in awhile. These guys also offer a generous military discount! These are the kinds of places I like to see remain in business. Local flavor, local atmosphere, local business.

• Visited August 2012
Melbourne, Florida
“One of those hole-in-the-wall places”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

it's not fancy or up-to-date, and you don't get as many choices as a chain offers, but there are many loyal fans. Personally, I prefer my tacos to be loaded with fresh goodies and I like the shells baked, not fried/oily, so it's just not my preference. But people who prefer what they say is more "authentic" tacos seem to like it. I don't think I'll often opt for going there on purpose but I wouldn't avoid it, either.

Visited March 2012