“Great Chinese cuisine in Cocoa Beach”

Yen Yen Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 166 Restaurants in Cocoa Beach
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

This is a gem hiding in Cocoa beach. This restaurant has been here many years and is consistently excellent . It has a wide selection for the menu and the staff will work with you if you want something special. Service is great and there is take out should you want that. Food is fresh and presented well. They take reservations. If your in the mood for quality at a reasonable price. You won't be disappointed here.

1  Thank drwsurf

Reviewed February 19, 2013

This place has been around for many years. Great food, great service. If you want the duck, you have to call in advance. It's very good and I do recommend trying it. I also recommend that you insist that the duck be left at your table the entire time. Seems like you get less when it goes back into the kitchen.

1  Thank R C
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We drove from Melbourne to Cocoa Beach to eat at Yen Yen and arrived for dinner at about 5:15 and were told there was a half hour wait. We have eaten at Yen Yen in the past, and figured it would be worth the wait. After 40 minutes with no sign of a table, we decided to order food to go. We were told it would be a 15 to 20 minute wait, but it was considerably longer. However, like we told the girl at the bar (who never asked if we wanted a drink although we sat there for 50 minutes!!!) if the food was great, it would be worth it.

Unfortunately, the food was HORRIBLE. My vegan daughter ordered the Buddha's Delight, which turned out to be an overcooked glop of unrecognizable vegetables in a soupy, nasty broth. No one would eat it, so that was $14 right into the garbage can. The spare ribs, although pretty, did not taste good, either. My dish, which I honestly can't remember the name of, something like Yen Yen Special something or other, at $18, was not as good as the Happy Family at Lucky Garden in Melbourne.

I have been eating at Yen Yen off and on for over 20 years, and this was the WORST ever. The menu has been changed to a tiny selection, which would make you think that they would do those few dishes to perfection. Not the case.

We were so disappointed, and will never be eating at Yen Yen again.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have to say this was the best service we've had in a long time. The waiter we had was excellent! You did not have to ask him for anything, he was always thinking ahead. The food was great, the atmosphere is nice and clean (though I do think it's a little fancy decor), and the staff was friendly and attentive. We had green tea, egg rolls, sweet and sour chicken, egg drop soup, chicken teriyaki, and sizzling steak. Everything was great and cooked perfectly.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

This Chinese restaurant was nicer than we expected. The wait staff was attentive and friendly. The atmosphere was pleasant...nice tables/linens/serving pieces. Real fowers, tasteful asian decor. The food was quite good. Generous portion sizes...we had the sizzling pork and a noodle dish. I found the pork a little salty --but my husband loved it--the noodle dish was excellent...really good flavor and fresh ingredients. The price was certainly reasonable...less than $25 for dinner for 2.

We did not have a reservation but they managed to seat us within 5 minutes (we were only 2). If you have a larger group I would suggest making a reservation as the place was pretty full. Overall a nice meal in Cocoa beach.

Parking: The lot right behind the restaurant is a pay lot...if you don't mind walking, you can park around the corner on Southbound A!A.