“Dumplings on the Beach”

Cuisines: Asian
Rockledge, Florida
“Dumplings on the Beach”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

In this area, it's hard to find something different, but Dumpling Nerds gives locals just that. While a little out past the high tourist areas, this clean, cozy restaurant provides yummy treats for all palates. We tried a few different kinds of dumplings, but the Philly Cheesesteak was the best of the offerings. While I'm not a huge tofu eater, the Anti-meat dumpling was still delicious. Not to be overlooked is the noodle bowl they offer. Our kids ate it up.

As a restaurant, it is very basic-counter service and drinks in bottles. While each item is relatively inexpensive, it is easy to over order. However, in this location, it is perfect in price and atmosphere for a post-surfing snack.

1 Thank hrmason123

Cocoa Beach, Florida
“a great new eating destination on the beach”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I stopped at Dumpling Nerds for a takeout. Not being very familiar with Korean food I asked for a suggestion. The owner ( I think) said I should try the bibim bab. It was delicious, perfectly cooked rice and a wonderful blend of veggies and seasonings. They also had a nice selection of beers and wine. I cant wait to go back!

1 Thank debandhuck
Viera, Florida, United States
“Worst food ever: 45 minute wait for steakem's with soy sauce they try to pass off as bulgogi; Obviously they have never”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Worst food ever: 45 minute wait for steakem's with soy sauce they try to pass off as bulgogi; Obviously they have never eaten at a korean resturant. Walked out without eating.

I was stationed in Hawaii and became addicted to Korean food. When I saw the menu, I got exited. Brevard County just does not have a decent Korean resturant, and you have to drive into Orlando "Shing Jung" for good korean. They are great, but exepensive. I will pay it - if it is good. The drive is more of a challenge then the cost; so when Is saw the menu, I got excited. I work on base, so this place would have been right outside the gate, and could have become a daily lunch location.

I can deal with bad service....but not bad food. This had both. Bad service and bad food.

Patrick Air Force Base, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

There is nothing remotely authentic about this food. The bulgogi and rice was terrible. I am pretty sure it was steak-ems. I didn't care for the dumplings either. The only food items I actually enjoyed were the pieces of chicken. I would not recommend trying this if you have EVER had Korean food.

Cape Canaveral, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dumpling Nerds well recommended”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Went to Dumpling Nerds this evening, it was great! Friendly staff, great dumplings. Our kids loved it. We have been introducing our children to foods from different cultures, and this is a nice addition to the lineup. Prices are great too. That surprised me. I would have been fine with the prices being higher for what your getting. So nice to have something new, fresh, and eclectic. My wife and I have always been in the biz, and know a good place when we go to one. We already have spread the word to our friends. whether your on vacation or a local, try this place, you wont be disappointed.

• Visited September 2013