“Had a Blast”

Dolphin Paradise Tour
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I read most of the reviews, it seems most people had problems booking. I had no such issue, as I used the internet which is an easier route than trying to call people. The address listed was the correct address and there was a group that was supposed to be at the same time as us and they never showed up, yet the captain waited 15 minutes for them, despite the booking that says you must arrive on time. Once we were out by the sand bar they stop near we were an arms reach from quite a few manatees and several feet from dolphins jumping in the water. No company can assure you will be able to touch a wild animal because that is exactly what they are, wild animals, under no human control. We had a wonderful time and would definitely go again. Lastly, the only time I dealt with the company in person or via phone was at the boat dock and I found them very friendly and accommodating. The reason to "not bother the ladies at the dock," is because they are not a part of the company and would therefore have no information for you. However, a company rep waits at the picnic tables to check you in, collect money and talk until your scheduled departure time. They then take a picture of the group prior to leaving so you have a group picture free of charge. Honestly, I believe the bad reviews are from people who can't take simple direction and can not use the internet properly to book an excursion, they never actually took the dolphin tour. Thanks for a great time dolphin tours. I look forward to bringing more family next time.

1  Thank LisiBizzle

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I agree that using the Groupon was a pain but I have found several issues come up when using Groupon in general. As for this company, I tried to book for July 4th week and it was impossible. Since we are locals, I put a reminder in my phone for exactly 30 days from the start of another week that I wanted for the dolphin swim. That worked. I was able to get the middle of that week without a problem. We all enjoyed the trip. This was a natural habitat for the dolphins so we were not expecting to be frolicking in the water with them. We just wanted to observe at a close distance and that we did. We also got to explore a little island and walk/swim out on a pretty long sandbar into the river. That was cool. We saw too many dolphin to count (from the boat) and the captain took us closer to see manatee since we couldn't find any. It was a very nice experience. I would love to do this again but it was hard to schedule so persistence is key.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I can barely believe that a company that NEEDS people to do business has such a lack of respect for their customers. Their customer service is beyond disrespectful! I spoke with the office of Dolphin Paradise Tours three times on three different occasions, each time I was told "too bad" or "that is tough"! I will do all that I can to notify others not to use this business in order to spare them the frustration that I have endured. They are so bad that giving them a rating of one is dishonest. Too bad there aren't negative numbers to rate them!

3  Thank DarJMMc
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Booking was a pain. Had to argue with the girl at the dock regarding our reservation. The boat Captian was entertaining. The water was brown and we weren't able to see farther than 3 feet. We did see 2 manatees from the water and some dolphins from the boat.

1  Thank sean p
See more reviews
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I agree with all of the recent reviews; this business if very shady; don't know why groupon and living social are doing business with them; I bought this back in may 2013 for my scheduled trip this august; having also been trying to book on line; called several times finally got someone today; told repeated to only book on line; asked if august is a busy time and if I was likely to get this spot during my vacation; just kept saying book online and she didn't say it was a busy time of year; asked what time of day was best to book just kept saying book online; I believe this is a scam and will be reporting them to groupon and request my money; they are currently booked on line to the day 1 month ahead; they clearly sold more vouchers than they ever intended to honor; no sure I ever want to use groupon for trips such as this again; Very sad!!

3  Thank litechocolata