“Best Coconut Shrimp I've Ever Eaten!”

Fat Kahuna's Beach Side Grille
Ranked #1 of 169 Restaurants in Cocoa Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Hawaiian
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: FAT KAHUNA'S RESTAURANT, AWARDED 2014 TRIPADVISOR CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE Recognised as a Top Performing Restaurant as Reviewed by Travelers on the World's Largest Travel Site Enjoy a beautiful Tropical atmosphere with Breezy outdoor seating and a gorgeous Ocean view. Indoor seating offers a cool, air-conditioned getaway, with soft background Hawaiian music and tasteful Island decor. Our wrap around bar and full screen television provide an entertaining twist with non-stop surf footage, friendly staff, and a taste of Aloha.... Straight from Hawaii. IMPORTANT** If Map Questing us please use following address: 2 Minutemen Causeway Cocoa Beach........ We are RIGHT NEXT DOOR literally 10 steps west of that address! Aloha
Huntsville, Alabama
“Best Coconut Shrimp I've Ever Eaten!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

My husband found this restaurant through Yelp. All of the food was amazing! The coconut shrimp and shark steak were to die for! They also give you some chips and hummus while you wait on your food. Our only regret was not trying their house-made key lime pie.

• Visited July 2014

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Late lunch AMAZING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

So glad we used trip advisor and found this little gem! The best seafood I have had since leaving New Zealand! Please open in Chicago. We will bring the entire kiwi & Aussie population! Ha ha service was amazing with the nicest people. We will be back one day.

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Great food, and even better service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

Me and two other friends went for lunch last weekend (8/9). We ordered coco shrimp for the appetizer which was amazing. We all had different entrees, and each tasted very good. The service was amazing. Hilary and Sarah were our servers. With the amount of passion they showed we thought they were both owners. I would recommend to anyone.

• Visited August 2014
Beavercreek, OH
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

Found this place on TripAdvisor and stopped there for dinner. It's a small little place just steps from the beach. The service was a little slow at first, but then recovered. The staff is very friendly and helpful with suggestions. The coconut shrimp was excellent. We then chose the surf and turf (with shark) and both were very, very good. Even the marinated vegetables were good. Would definitely go back.

• Visited August 2014
“Great experience! Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

FANTASTIC!! I found this gem through Yelp after a long day at Kennedy Space Center. The seating was quite limited (as stated in other reviews) and since two tables had just been seated they told us that it would be 30-45 minutes. I gave them my phone number and we went next door to have a drink while we waited.
The owner and his wife were very welcoming and he was very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about his menu. We ordered the fried mozzarella balls and couldn't believe how light and delicate they were. They were served with three different sauces, all delicious, and were devoured instantly because they were so good. After this he brought out complimentary homemade black bean hummus with freshly made tortilla chips. I don't usually like hummus but I LOVED this. So good!
For my main course I ordered the surf and turf: a 6oz fillet garnished with bacon and a decadent Gorgonzola sauce (perfection) and a seared black sesame encrusted ahi tuna with a wasabi and teriyaki glaze. I savored both to the very last bite.
The other entrees ordered were the garlic shrimp, and pineapple chicken - both of which received rave reviews - although the star at the table was definitely the surf and turf.
Apparently there was some sort of mix up with the order so they gave us an order of their homemade key lime pie, which was scrumptious.
Overall it was a fantastic end to our day. If you're ever in Cocoa Beach definitely come here if you want delicious food with friendly and prompt service. I will definitely be back!!