“Fantastic food, great place, nice people”

Ohana J's steak & Seafood
Ranked #39 of 175 Restaurants in Cocoa Beach
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Ohana J's Steak & Seafood is a locally owned establishment. Our steaks are cut in house by the chef or the owner every day.
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We have had dinner several times since their opening. The food just gets better and better. The place is fun and the staff is very friendly..........making us always feel welcome. We have had several big dinner parties, called ahead and their waiting for us!! Bravo Hamp.....head chef!

2  Thank cindyleigh2

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Had the shark bite appetizer special, steaks and grilled shrimp on skewers....everything was great. Great service - our server Cassie was very helpful, attentive, and friendly. The steaks were cooked perfectly - juicy on the inside and nicely flame-grilled on the outside. The shark bite appetizer was very tasty - very lightly hand breaded and fried - not greasy AT ALL - with a nice dipping sauce. Rolls were fresh and warm, salad was tossed tableside by member of the friendly waitstaff. The grilled shrimp were very flavorful & moist - the grilling did not dry them out at all. We have lived in Cocoa Beach for 10 years and have seen restaurants at this location come and go. This one's a keeper. We will definitely come back to Backwoods!

1  Thank Cocoacrispybeachbum
Reviewed June 22, 2013

the meal cost less than my 1 glass of wine - the service was very good and the restaurant definetly had a family feel to it - located at the Best Western hotel complex

1  Thank Sue L
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Great steakhouse. Only complaint we had were having to send the steaks back once. Great atmosphere! And if you plan on having a drink ask for a watermelon crawl.

1  Thank kgrant80
Reviewed June 21, 2013

One night of our trip, my family ordered pizza. I have Celiac and need to eat gluten free. I walked into Backwoods because it was close to our hotel. They were so helpful with addressing my dietary needs. There was a server who also had celiac and took great care of me. I ordered take out and got it in 10 minutes. I didn't eat in or have a huge meal so I can't speak to the restaurant itself, but I was impressed with service.

1  Thank Wyoming_Family_of_5