“No Food, Just Excellent Beer and Company”

Cocoa Beach Brewing Company
Ranked #75 of 176 Restaurants in Cocoa Beach
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Delicious ales made on-site. Their stout may be the best beer of that style brewed in Florida, while the India Pale Ale is excellent and a unique Von Braun Ale is distinctive as well as tasty. That beer resembles an English-style brown ale but it's made with German instead of English hops; the result is a hoppiness that's subtly spicy instead of earthy. As this is a brewery tasting room, not a restaurant, they don't serve food here. But you're welcome to bring in something from somewhere else or to peruse the copies of menus for nearby restaurants they have on hand, several of which will deliver. Visiting around the time of a rocket launch is fun because patrons often include shoptalking "rocket scientists" from nearby Cape Canaveral. Visitors are made to rapidly feel like regulars themselves by the bartenders and by the other customers. As one long-time regular said, "This place is like Cheers, and each of us is Norm."

1  Thank beerwriter

Reviewed December 30, 2012

As a beer blogger I just had to check out the beer and I found it excellent. This small craft brewery has a nice tasting room and is distributing beer to several Florida accounts. No food, just beer! They had 3 beers on tap and all were very good. I enjoyed the oatmeal stout (bought some bottles), I shared the pale with my wife and really liked it, and I took a taste of their 888 IPA - a very big beer at 8% but smooth. Since their Von Braun was not on tap I bought a bottle to do and had it last night - a brown finished with noble hops, but not as much bitterness at the finish as usual from these hops means this is a deliciously drinkable beer! And... though they just got in growlers so expect you can fill up 64 oz to drink soon or take a 'bomber' of 22 oz with you to hold on to. I'm taking some back to friends at home (Indiana).

1  Thank kitzg
Reviewed November 2, 2012

If you're a beer hound like me, you'll love Cocoa Beach Brewing Company! It's such a wonderful little place, and I wish Florida laws would permit growlers so I could take one home with me. At least I can buy the smaller bottles. I stop by here every time I visit Cocoa Beach. From my understanding, they have a pretty nice local following too. I've signed the guest book. Their key lime cerveza is awesome!! Like a Corona with fresh squeezed lime, but more flavorful and crisper. My friend loves their oatmeal stout, and my dad loves the IPA. The owner is very nice and personable. I love talking to him when I'm there. This man personifies the craft beer movement. Even if you're not that into beer I still suggest you stop by! Maybe you'll have a change of heart.