“IN-CRE-DI-BLE!!! Perfect in every way!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Reviewed June 16, 2010

I've never written a review for any hotel b/c I've never been so impressed! This hotel is wonderful and far exceeded our expectations! We were greeted by a very friendly front desk staff who even went our of their way to make my pet feel welcomed. Check in was super fast! The room smelled so great and was absolutely spotless! The room was very nicely decorated and was nicely complimented by granite countertops & hard wood floors. (We had a king ocean front suite) The bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in and made me hate to come home. The in room coffee is rainforest alliance certified and one of the best coffees I've ever had! The rooms have 32" flat screen TVs which was also a nice touch. We always had extra towels which were very thick & soft and I was also surprised to see Bath & Body Works brand toiletries in the bathroom upon arrival. I was also impressed with the amount of space we had, we always had enough room + some for everything we needed to do, we never felt cramped. The pool is super heated which is very nice when coming in from the cold ocean. The hotel location is great, just a few steps from the Cocoa Beach Pier. Breakfast was awesome, there's not enough room to list everything they offered but it included both hot & cold items which all tasted great (muffins, biscuits, toast, bagles, eggs, sausage, bacon, ham, sausage gravy, yougurt, oatmeal, fruit cups, fresh waffles from the waffle irons, milk, oj, apple juice, coffee, hot tea, hot cocoa, and more!) The breakfast area was clean and well managed. I also liked that you could take your food back to your room if you wanted. They also offered tables out by the waterfall in the rainforest area close to the pool. There was always enough parking and the staff never fell short of exceeding our expectations. The manager, Chris, even gave us a discount on one of our nights after some moron pulled the fire alarm at 5AM. The housekeeping staff was always willing to go above and beyond when we requested service (you request service at your convenience if you have a pet in your room). The free wireless internet also came in handy and was fast enough for everything we needed.
We will certainly be back to this hotel!! I've already recommended the hotel to several friends and family members, two of which have already booked rooms for later in the summer due to my enthusiasm. I am a very picky person when it comes to service and cleanliness so they new the hotel had to be great if I was raving about it, LOL!
You can't go wrong with this one!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,970)

Reviewed June 16, 2010

We stayed for just one evening after spending 4 days at Disney World. We were just looking for a place on the beach so we could play. The place is nice and clean, with comfortable beds. Wish we could have stayed longer than one night.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2010

Originally booked here for two nights, but enjoyed the area and hotel so much, stayed another one. Great beach location, nice pool, rooms very nice with hardwood floors. the only issue we had was the pool bar. The bartender was soooo irriating. Sounded like a love boat reject. In fact, one day she continuously yelled at people at the pool, who were having fun, laughing, and enjoying a few beverages. I think she was upset that most people brought their own drinks. Never knew for sure when they would open.
The funniest thing was on our last morning there, some idiot pulled the fire alarm at a little after 5:00 a.m. and everyone evacuated to the parking lot. That poor manager was at wits end, as it was his first night there. Good news is they knew who it was and they were arrested. But, the manager had the staff start breakfast early, coffee and juice was available, and all ended well. We just got a little earlier start on our departure than we had planned (LOL). Nice pool area with a little rain forest/garden and just steps away from the pier. As far as the bartender, just grab your drink and step away!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2010

My fiance and I stayed here for Memorial Weekend. Thanks to other tripadvisor reviews we chose this hotel. The hotel staff were very nice! The hotel was right on the beach (next to the cocoa beach pier) which was convenient for food, bars, and entertainment. We ate at the Atlantic Ocean Grille at the pier, the food on a scale of 1-10 was a 6. It was not bad at all and the food was very fresh. I have to recommend the Clam Chowder, it is one of the best I have had. The setting was beautiful because all windows had a view looking over the ocean. Our room was a 1 bedroom ocean view, one word to describe this is immaculate, esp compared to some 3-4 star hotels I have stayed at. The room itself was very spacious and the layout was perfect and the bed was extremely comfortable. Lastly, I have to mention the free continental breakfast, it is true what other tripadvisor reviews have said. The continental breakfast starts at 6 and ends at 10am. You have the choices from bagels, danishes, cereal, and hot items such as eggs and sausage and a waffle maker to make your own waffles. This definitely was a ++ because it wasn't your ordinary continental breakfast. I will definitely stay here again and probably will be returning within a week!

1  Thank geminik83
Reviewed June 3, 2010

We stayed over a Saturday night, one day after the shuttle launch. The hotel and beach were crowded with tourists. It is located next to a pier with a restaurant, shopping, and a bar. The bar had an open layout and a band played long into the night. Since we were facing the beach and the bar was right next door, the music was inescapable and kept us awake. Otherwise, a pleasant stay. Loved the heated pool, the beach itself, and the hotel's breakfast bar.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2010

The husband and I stayed here after watching the final launch of Atlantis. All these things were great : the service, the room, the view, the location, the breakfast and the price. Especially the staff, very friendly, helpful and accommodating. The only negative was that the high-speed internet is only via WI-FI, connection, was not exactly high-speed (1-5Mbs) and the connection kept breaking. As we needed to work while we were here, it was a bit of a challenge not having a reliable internet. Bring your own wireless card if you need to work.

Reviewed May 22, 2010

I flew from London to New York then to Miami. I drove 4 hours up the coast for my room with 'partial sea view' (159USDprpn). I walked out (and I have never walked out from a hotel before) with a full refund less than 5 minutes after getting my key.
all the rooms have balconies or terraces if you're on the ground floor. I requested a high floor per some of the advice I read on Trip Advisor. We were allocated a 3rd floor room out of 5 floors. I was happy with that.
the room was adequate but was very dark due to the window being obscured by trees.no pool view, no sea view.
some kind of leak had flooded the balcony so I went back to reception to find out what my options where. This is when things went wrong (and this was 7pm after 2 days of travelling).
When I said I had reserved a room with partial sea view I was corrected. Apparantly I had reserved a view with 'partial' view' and the reason my view was partial was because it was of 'trees' and that I hadn't reserved a 'partial' view from the south east wing or block. I explained that the LQ doesn't give that option and asked what other rooms might be available. the hotel was 'sold out' however if I wanted an 'ocean view' i could pay '250USD' prpn. I asked about the flood on the balcony and was told maintenance could be called and 'might' be able to do something. I asked why we had been assigned that particular room and it was because everyone else had requested sea views. I told receptionist that not only had i requested it - i had booked it. Shrug of shoulders. Asked for full refund and got it. receptionist very angry indeed she had to print confirmation of my full refund out infront of two sets of arriving guests. her behaviour was more damaging to the hotel than anything else - shame - as we couldn't wait to get to the hotel - definately not the hotel I've read about on trip advisor so sticking to the facts. I'm not going to say don't stay here just be very clear about what you're going to get and this is definately not as hotel for single female travellers. Avoid the rooms by the staircases - all rooms as externally accessible and if you don't like this then be cautious. Sorry - I wanted to love this hotel too. Spent 3 hours at the start of my honeymoon trying to find a new place to stay :-(

2  Thank Scotlandsrose