“Well deserves it's #1 Trip Advisor Rating”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Reviewed May 23, 2010

The husband and I stayed here after watching the final launch of Atlantis. All these things were great : the service, the room, the view, the location, the breakfast and the price. Especially the staff, very friendly, helpful and accommodating. The only negative was that the high-speed internet is only via WI-FI, connection, was not exactly high-speed (1-5Mbs) and the connection kept breaking. As we needed to work while we were here, it was a bit of a challenge not having a reliable internet. Bring your own wireless card if you need to work.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 22, 2010

I flew from London to New York then to Miami. I drove 4 hours up the coast for my room with 'partial sea view' (159USDprpn). I walked out (and I have never walked out from a hotel before) with a full refund less than 5 minutes after getting my key.
all the rooms have balconies or terraces if you're on the ground floor. I requested a high floor per some of the advice I read on Trip Advisor. We were allocated a 3rd floor room out of 5 floors. I was happy with that.
the room was adequate but was very dark due to the window being obscured by trees.no pool view, no sea view.
some kind of leak had flooded the balcony so I went back to reception to find out what my options where. This is when things went wrong (and this was 7pm after 2 days of travelling).
When I said I had reserved a room with partial sea view I was corrected. Apparantly I had reserved a view with 'partial' view' and the reason my view was partial was because it was of 'trees' and that I hadn't reserved a 'partial' view from the south east wing or block. I explained that the LQ doesn't give that option and asked what other rooms might be available. the hotel was 'sold out' however if I wanted an 'ocean view' i could pay '250USD' prpn. I asked about the flood on the balcony and was told maintenance could be called and 'might' be able to do something. I asked why we had been assigned that particular room and it was because everyone else had requested sea views. I told receptionist that not only had i requested it - i had booked it. Shrug of shoulders. Asked for full refund and got it. receptionist very angry indeed she had to print confirmation of my full refund out infront of two sets of arriving guests. her behaviour was more damaging to the hotel than anything else - shame - as we couldn't wait to get to the hotel - definately not the hotel I've read about on trip advisor so sticking to the facts. I'm not going to say don't stay here just be very clear about what you're going to get and this is definately not as hotel for single female travellers. Avoid the rooms by the staircases - all rooms as externally accessible and if you don't like this then be cautious. Sorry - I wanted to love this hotel too. Spent 3 hours at the start of my honeymoon trying to find a new place to stay :-(

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Scotlandsrose
Reviewed May 18, 2010

We chose this hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews, and although the views of the ocean were nice I would not stay here with my children. We had a great rate through AAA and were able to get a ocean view room. The room was ok, the bed was comfortable but the new wood floors were not properly cleaned and the sofa had hair on it. The bathroom was clean and we used the good sized refrigerator(although it never really got cold enough during our stay.) The balcony overlooking the ocean had two plastic chairs(one was dirty) and a plastic table, so we ended up bringing the chairs from the room out to the balcony. We did enjoy watching the surfers and beach goers every day from our balcony. However the music from the bar on the pier was loud and could be heard with the balcony doors and windows closed. Since it was just my husband and myself it was fine to listen to the music until after 10 pm but if my kids were with us it would have been to noisy for them to sleep. Also the noise from the people in the hallway was loud and the doors slamming from the other rooms could be heard in our room.

The breakfast did have a large selection of items, the waffle maker was a nice touch and the staff did keep replenishing the items. The staff at check in was by herself so we had to wait in line for about 20 minutes but she was pleasant and offered to give us a free drink if we did not want to wait in line. The hotel looked like it just got a new paint job and updating. We appreciated the new look of the lobby and the computer in the lobby with the printer. We used the computer to check into to our plane fight.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mugspaw
Reviewed May 11, 2010

I loved my stay at this hotel! It's in a great location, next to the pier and we could here awesome music being played at night right outside our balcony. The rooms look very modern; granite countertops, wood floors, the most comfortable beds ever! The staff was so helpful and nice, very willing to go out of their way for whatever we needed and the breakfast was almost the best part...all you can eat of eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal, yogurt, etc. Only downfall may be the a/c unit was rattling sometimes when it ran and leaked onto the balcony to drain, but not a big deal, we didn't complain about it. We will definitely stay here next time.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank rikkilee1022
Reviewed April 8, 2010

After narrowing it down to 3 hotels, I decided on this place after my first pick wasn't available.
I was looking for a hotel on the beach with a balcony and this fit the bill. This place offers complimentary breakfast which is a great value! Probably the hotel's strongest point. It's not your standard muffins, bagels and coffee. It's served from 7-10a.m. They have scrambled eggs which they kept re-filling several times. They have sausage, bacon, yogurt, donuts, fresh biscuits and the best, a waffle maker. You can make your own creation and add chocolate chips, blueberries etc.. I gave this place a higher rating on the service because they do try. They definitely get and A for effort, but everything else is a little mediocre. You can tell that they have tried to remodel the outside, but it's falling apart in some parts. The rooms are fine with granite counters, small fridge, microwave, 2 full beds with a contemporary headboard and a flat screen tv. But the bed has the worse mattress. You literaly sink in with no back support.
Now this is going to be a plus or negative for some people, but it's right next door to the pier. There are some interesting characters at times, but I enjoyed it. If you are looking for something more quiet, this might not be for you. Being this close to the pier, you will get a great view of surfers out there every day sun or rain. Parking is free in the outside lot adjacent to the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
6  Thank magsal
Reviewed April 6, 2010

We stayed at the La Quinta Inn and Suites - Oceanfront while attending the Washington Nationals Spring Training, which is nearby. Most importantly, there are two La Quinta Hotels within a mile of each other -- GET THIS ONE. The other is not close enough to the ocean and seemed a little creepy. Beyond that, forget what you know about La Quinta. This is a great beach hotel. The parking lot is practically on the beach. I also like this hotel's location on Cocoa Beach, which is right next to a great pier with bars and restaurants and it's also where all the surfers surf. As for picking your hotel, we saved some money and got one of the partial ocean view rooms. Check out the pictures - the rooms had great views. You'll also see the pool, which was smallish but big enough for our purposes. Even if you don't swim, get a beer at the Tiki Bar -- $2 drafts! I felt the breakfast was overrated, and the staff provided unreliable restaurant recommendations, but the overall stay was great.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank Keithcu
Reviewed March 29, 2010

We stayed on the 5th floor in a direct oceanfront room. We stayed for five nights, and we would not have picked anything different. The view of the ocean was amazing. Every sunrise was beautiful. We often propped the balcony door open to hear the ocean. The hotel was in a great location, and we felt very safe in the area. The room was nicely renovated and had plenty of extra space. The bed could have been a little more comfortable, but was better than many hotel beds. We never had a problem with the wireless internet connection, and the front desk staff was very helpful with suggestions and directions.

The microwave and refrigerator came in handy to store and eat some of the leftovers from the delicious restaurants nearby (Durango Steakhouse, Boston Beef and Seafood, and both restaurants at the Pier). Breakfast was satisfying every morning. The choices were pretty endless...muffins, scones, bananas, oranges, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, ham, biscuits and gravy, and homemade waffles with all the toppings. We managed to eat something a little different every morning.

The pool was heated and clean. This was a great alternative to the chilly ocean water! The bar in the pool area was open in the afternoons, and the bar tender treated us very well. We enjoyed sitting at the bar and chatting with him. The beach was just steps away from the pool, so we could easily grab a drink from the pool bar and then spend some time at the beach.

I hope we can visit again soon! It was a great vacation from the cold Ohio weather!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple