“Highly Recommended - Great Place”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Florida
“Highly Recommended - Great Place”
Reviewed July 6, 2009

We just got back from a 4-day weekend stay at LaQuinta-Oceanfront and had alot of fun and a great stay at this Hotel. It was recently bought out and renovated earlier this year and everything is very clean and updated. The room decor was very trendy and modernized with very comfortable beds and lots of nice little ammenities. The entire staff within the hotel were very professional, accomodating and friendly. There is a nice continental breakfast offered each morning with a least a dozen different items to select from. Maybe its not omelets and bacon but we felt plenty to choose from and very fresh and well stocked by again a friendly staff. The pool area was quaint and kept clean and you are mere yards away from stepping onto an awesome beach. Hotel is located right next door to Cocoa Beach pier which offers 3 restaurants and few shops and a fun casual beach atmosphere to enjoy walks and sights. Also being next to Pier was not a problem in hotel rooms for being noisy at all. It was a first trip to La Quinta on Cocoa Beach and we are hoping to make it an annual trip since the experience was really great.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Longweekendsaregreat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (449)
Montgomery, IL
Reviewed June 29, 2009

We stayed here 3 years ago when it was known as "The Oceanside Inn" and really liked it then even though it was showing its age. Since it has been acquired by La Quinta they have remodeled the rooms in an amazing way. We loved the pool setting with the waterfall and the easy access to the beach and pier. They were still making improvements even during our stay. They were painting the outside walkways and working in several rooms.
If you want a room with an ocean view request a room on the 2nd floor or higher. The only thing that we did not care for was the breakfast, it is you typical continental breakfast and the choices are not the greatest. Lastly, if you are looking for a hotel that is truly oceanfront, there are only a few that are at Cocoa Beach (even though many claim to be). The La Quinta is one of these hotels.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Scott60538
Atlanta GA
Reviewed June 21, 2009

I chose this LaQuinta months ago especially to take my best friend, who has four legs and is a Lab mix, with me. What a perfect choice for us! The floors of my room 507 were wood laminate - he's extremely housebroken but I was so glad to see this type of flooring not only for a pet-friendly establishment but also for a beachfront establishment. I agree completely with the other reviewers' remarks - everything is so nice about the room and the location is just ideal. One morning on the pier, I saw a school (pod?) of Mantas! At the pet walk area, a dispenser with baggies is provided! I had my own paper towels and plastic shopping bag in my pocket, but my goodness how nice they had even thought of that! Everyone there seemed friendly and happy from the guests to the employees. Michelle, the desk clerk, was so patient and helpful. The only tiny semi-problem was that the elevator door kind of sticks at about 3-inches open on Floor 5, and one has to nudge it open the rest of the way. When I mentioned this to a fellow elevator passenger on my last day, he remarked, "It has for years. . ." and this was my first clue that this was a refurbished hotel rather than a new build. Later I saw on the review here the story behind that.

High, high marks for LaQuinta on this beauty. I'll be back ASAP.

• Stayed June 2009
1 Thank annsplans
Oviedo Florida
Reviewed June 20, 2009

Beautiful view of the beach and pier. The pool area was very nice. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. Thanks to Debbie at the front desk for really making our stay there special. Thanks to the other staff for the local restaurant suggestions. The lady who bartends at the Tiki bar did a great job keeping people from the outside out of the pool area It was a big draw for us to be able to bring our dog. Breakfast was good enough. The facility overall was kept up and clean. Room was clean. The bed was comfortable. Even the toiletries were nice (from bath and body). The private access to the beach from the hotel was great. Overall compared to what other places charge for hotels on the beach this is a really great place to stay. I would definately stay there again.

1 Thank Mega23
Limerick
Reviewed June 15, 2009

We stayed at this hotel in early June and we left after one night, despite having been booked in for three. To be fair it wasn't really the hotel's fault why this happned. The hotel is very much as others described, right on the beach and right beside the pier. We booked a room with a balcony overlooking the beach. Despite what another reviewer wrote the hotel is not all that new inside and out. It's decore is a bit dated and the doors are worn in places and have seen a bit of weathering. The door to our balcony didn't work and when I mentioned this in reception a person there left it drop that they knew this and they would "allow us something for that". A bit much I felt given that we have paid for a balcony etc. Anyway the real reason we left was the insects. I have to quickly say that the insects were outside and not inside and certainly not caused by any lack of cleaniness or otherwise of the rooms. The insects in question are what they called "Lovebugs" but they looked like what we know as "earwigs". They were outside on the balcony and because the walkways and room doors are open to the outside, they were around the door into the room as well. It just so happened that they really freaked my wife out and we couldn't stay as she would have to pass them every time she entered and left the room. Again I need to say that they were not caused by a lack of upkeep or anything like that and perhaps that is what you should expect in a hotel this close to the beach. They were also of course completely harmless, but like spiders freak other people out, this particular insect freaked my wife out. They did move us to another room, a suit that was beach view, rather than beach facing, but the little lads were there too outside the door. I don't think we can blame the hotel for the bugs as they were outside, we just choose the wrong location I suspect. I do blame them for giving us a room that was susposed to have a balcony, knowing the door to it didn't work. The rooms were fine, not as up to date as others, but from reading reviews it sounds like a lot of Cocoa beach is this way. They were clean and I have to say the staff were very friendly and understanding (not withstand the door). The breakfast is very basic and a little short for space, but what do you expect. I would recommend the hotel as long as you know what you are getting. Cocoa beach itself is not a place I will rush back to. Again perhaps our fault for not doing more research, but we had a vision of a tropic paradise, but it is more like one of the Spanish costa's busy beach with it's shore line completely built up with empty looking appartments and a bit tacky in places.

Pensacola, FL
Reviewed June 7, 2009

Staff (Brittainy) was very helpful with eating recommendations. Her recommendations were spot on. There was a mix up in our room expectations. We expected the Executive suite to be larger and with a separated living room and bedroom. This was not so. The staff was very helpful in changing us to a Suite that did have a large living room with a double and single pull out couch and a large bedroom with two queen sized beds. The room was clean and spacious. The staff said that they had just finished replacing all of the carpets in the rooms with hard wood flooring. This gave the rooms a clean and attractive appearance. Obviously, cleanliness will be enhanced with the hardwood flooring. The rooms were recently painted attractive colors. We had no problems with noise. And the staff made a point to mention that the hotel is pet friendly. The hotel does have hints of its age and care. the ice machine on the first floor, one of two available, did not work and looked as though it had been jerry rigged. A staff member at the desk blamed in on the guests filling their coolers. In fact, it never worked and was definitely out of commission. The same staff member later admitted that she had know this to be true. The elevators also are noticeably lacking smoothness. The morning breakfast was OK. Come towards the end of the breakfast period and there is a good chance that most of the food choices will be gone. No cereals, no syrup for the waffle, very limited available. Come early, and there is a fair selection of continental offerings.
Overall, we were very pleased with our experience. We had what we most valued. We had clean and spacious accommodations, great towels, comfortable beds, and a great location. We would stay here again.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 6, 2009

Very nice rooms in a good location overlooking the beach and pier. The staff were helpful and the pool is nice although the loungers there were hard to lie on as they had no padding. The breakfast was limited but the beach is great and there is are some nice places to eat and drink close by. I would definitely stay here again.