“Great hotel, great location”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I have stayed here with my two teenage sons during spring break for the last four years. We love it here! Wonderful location right on the beach, next to the pier. Nice pool, though a little small. The staff here is friendly and professional. We will keep coming back!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank Amy D

Reviewed April 5, 2014

GREAT location. Ocean front room 301. Nice clean room with the hard floor. Shows the sand fast, but is easy to clean and "tell" if its clean. Also if someone scoots a chair above you, you will hear it! King bed with a single sleeper sofa. Decent size room, but not generous. Pool area is very nice. Heavy plantings and decks with water fall back towards deskfront desk and breakfast area.Pool is not real big. Right by pier. There is an excellent steakhouse by the nearby Best Western. Backwoods Steakhouse. To address some other comments: yes it is outside access, but the walkways cover it. Not an issue unless its really blowing. There are stairs at BOTH ends AND an elevator. There are a couple small clubs near, but they are so small and indescrete you would never know it unless you were looking. "KNOW" the difference in OCEANFRONT and OCEAN "VIEW". Oceanview can mean anything from a 3/4 side view to just a sliverview through a crack. Oceanview here is above the pool and looking south over the pier.Oceanfront is full front view. Like others said, 3rd floor and up are best.
BAD:
WiFi is terrible. We had to sponge off of next door.
Breakfast is cheap and bland.
TV was small and bad picture.
Can NOT request rooms. This needs to change!!!
A little high priced.
GOOD:
Cleaning staff worked hard.
Blonde lady at desk was nice.
Breakfast hostess is AWESOME!!!
Sunrise views are a million bucks!!!

Room Tip: Oceanfront people should do everything to get 3rd floor or above. Those above pool should request h...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank steelblu
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here three years in a row now....I never budge on my decision to book it here. But I will now. Starters...I did not get the floor I wanted, even though I booked it last fall and committed three nights, which is quite expensive. That should matter.Got there....no shower curtain. Breakfast had no milk or oj. They said they "ran out yesterday". I wanted to say ,"well run to publix grocery store across the way and buy some." This place is very expensive and we deserve these things. Our AC unit was so loud I never slept. When it kicked on in the night every now and then, it literally scared the heck out of us in our sleep. I like the view, but next year we are going somewhere else. Plenty right to the north of La Quinta...they will win next year. Its not worth the big price anymore.plenty of others nearby. I really wish I didn't feel this way, but when you spend nearly 600 bucks for three nights you should love the place and it should not have these flaws. Not worth the money. Go somewhere else close...the walk isn't far to the fun pier and ah shucks fun bar and beach. We will not be giving them any more money of ours. Sorry La Quinta. You should have taken $100 off of our bill to keep me as a customer after this latest stay. We are done with your franchise.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Location is great, staff is awesome, but the noise! It's beside the pier and bands play until late at night, loud, loud loud! Also the ocean view rooms look over the pool and there are lots of kids in it after hours. If you don't care about a good nights sleep it's a great hotel.

Room Tip: Ocean front further from the pier
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank KRMackey
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We stopped over for a one night. This is the third time we've stayed here, and I would stay again. This is an excellent location, and our room was very nice, no worries there. There are restaurants, in all price ranges, within walking distance, and nothing from Canaveral to downtown Cocoa Beach is more that a short drive.

Room Tip: I would try to get fifth or sixth floor, if you are staying on the "ocean view" side.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2014

The rooms at La Quinta are very clean and updated, they slept four people well and the ocean front is the way to go. The staff was nice and let us check in early and stay a little late. The pool is small but clean but the outside decor is nice with the waterfall. The tiki bar was ok my drink was not the best but good enough to get down. Overall the price is a little steep but the place is clean and the people nice. We would return

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank seabiff
Reviewed March 31, 2014

This was my second time in this hotel. The customer service was good. The location is perfect, oceanfront right next to the Cocoa Beach Pier. The views from the 5th and 6th floors are spectacular. You can see the people in the beach, the surfers, the cruises leaving in the afternoon. Beautiful sunrises of course. The rooms are well decorated, the king bed, wonderful. The bathroom are small, I think. The hot buffet breakfast is included, waffles, scrambled eggs, sausages, bagels, etc. The pool is a little small but with the ocean right there I prefer it. The hotel is well kept as well as the surroundings. There are plenty of restaurants, bars and shops everywhere. Planning my 3rd escapade there very soon....

Room Tip: The 5th or 6th floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family