“fantastic! will go back!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
vancouver, bc
“fantastic! will go back!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We recently stayed here for 7 nights over the christmas holiday and had a wonderful stay. The staff are all very friendly, the hotel is clean and the location cant be beat. We had a room on the 3rd floor which faced in towards the pool and the beautiful "rainforest" I loved sitting and drinking my coffee out in the morning, I could see the ocean as well. The pool was always nice and warm and clean. There was a poolside bar, but unfortunately was only open on weekends, which was a bummer because the girl who ran it played great music all day, maybe they could look into keeping that open everyday?! We did bring our own drinks to the pool a couple of times and noone cared. There were a lot of places to eat around the hotel within walking distance and the neighbourhood was totally fine walking around after dark with kids. Theres a grocery store up the street as well.My only minor complaint was the bathroom in our room was so small. The fact that the door opened inwards made it worse. I know they cant do much in the way of making bathrooms bigger, but even if they were to switch the doors around so they opened outwards?Or maybe even add a small vanity table with a mirror outside the bathroom for extra counter space and primping room. Otherwise, I was super duper happy with this hotel and all the staff within it, its for sure a friendly beachside gem!

Room Tip: I think our room on the third floor facing the pool forest area was perfect, we did have partial oc...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
Orlando, Florida, USA
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I came for a mini getaway. We were blown away by the location. The room was clean, a steal for the price, and had a wonderful view of the ocean! We will be back! We did have a little trouble finding the place, but once we did we were very surprised. Great dining next door, quaint pool with waterfalls and foliage, great beach access, and a very friendly staff. My husband and I travel a lot, and we were both very satisfied with our stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank Stranahan
Rock Hill, SC
Reviewed January 23, 2013

In May of 2012 my husband and I took a short cruise. We left out of Cocoa Beach, FL. We decided to go a couple of days early and tour the area. I chose the La Quinta Inn on Cocoa Beach because of the reveiws I saw here on Tripadvisor. The hotel was right on the beach. We paid a little extra to get an oceanfront room. We were on the 2nd floor. We had a great view of the pier and we could watch cruise ships sail by from our balcony. We were just a few minutes from the port. The hotel was clean and the breakfast was average for a hotel breakfast. There was no carpet in the room. I guess being on the beach this is easier to keep clean. We ate dinner one night on the pier and the food was pretty good. We had an awesome steak dinner one night at the port at a restaurant called Fish Lips. Great water views and ships would sail by.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our family stayed at this hotel for 2 nights prior to going on our cruise! The pictures do not do this place justice. This place is beautiful and the service is incredible!!! The breakfast is very good they have all the basics (bacon, eggs, cereals, pastries, juice coffee and more...) The kids loved the heated pool. We had an oceanfront suite which was the best view we have seen in a long time!!! The rooms were very clean and modern. We will be back soon for a longer stay:)

Room Tip: Book an oceanfront room on floor 4 or 5. You will not be disappointed!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Woburn, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed here Monday through Friday morning. First impression pulling into the parking lot was not good, it needs a facelift. Walking into the lobby had a medicinal cleaner smell and I thought we might just be checking out soon. Turned out to be fine. The rooms are nice and the staff is very helpful. The breakfast buffet was better than most. My main problem was the walls were thin, we could hear our neighbor talking on the phone like she was in the room with us. Fortunately she went to sleep around the same time we did so it wasn't a big deal. The hotel is right on the beach next to the pier (I don't know if it gets noisy on the weekends but it was fine during the week) and the balconies overlook a partial ocean and partial parking lot view.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bob181
Chanhassen, Minnesota
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We loved staying at the La Quinta Inn & Suites on the Cocoa Beach Oceanfront. It was a beautiful stay. Great for a family going on a beach vacation. The hotel had nice wooden floors and white bedding. My only issue was that the bath towels were a little small, but that isn't that big of a deal. Highly recommed, Can't wait to go back again!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Krissy O
Downers Grove, Illinois
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My family and I arrived at the LaQuinta, Cocoa Beach Oceanfront to a very "cold" greeting by the front desk clerk ("Wait a minute - I'm on the phone"). When she got off the phone, several minutes later, I gave my name and reservation number - she looked in the computer and announced, "you don't have a reservation - you must be in the wrong hotel." I produced my reservation confirmation, and, after checking again, she told me, "your reservation was cancelled, and we have no rooms available." There was absolutely no explanation of why the reservation was cancelled or any offer of resolution. I asked her to find us a comparable room in a nearby hotel (we had reserved an oceanfront room). She asked me where I wanted to stay, but I had not been in the area in 15 years, so I really didn't know what brands were available.
I ended up speaking to the front desk staff at the Hilton. The desk clerk at the Hilton was extremely helpful and was able to accomodate me in an oceanfront room at the same price with breakfast and free drink vouchers to "make up for my disappointment with the LaQuinta." Everything worked out well, but to no credit of the LaQuinta staff.
I could excuse the mistake, but there is no reason why the LaQuinta staff could not have made an effort to correct their error.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family