“Nice, Very Nice!”

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: North of 1st Street North
Description: The Mango Tree Restaurant is ONE-OF-A-KIND FINE DINING right here in downtown Cocoa Beach! Chef/Owner Luca Filadi was born and raised in the incredible region of Parma Italy, home of Parmeggiano Reggiano, Parma Ham, Modena Vinegars.... then formally educated in France. The finest and freshest products available are prepared fresh to order with Chef Luca's special flair. We are starting our 5th year in business in the 1930's landmark building in historic Cottage Row. Come experience the Mango Tree!
Jacksonville, Florida
“Nice, Very Nice!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Nice, very nice

Through a series of unfortunate events, Thanksgiving this year was not at home. To complicate matters, the decision to dine out was made at the last minute. And finally, just to find good places in and around Cocoa is, in my opinion, difficult. Following several “we’re full” replies from those serving on T-day, I happened across The Mango Tree. Most likely, we will go back for a normal evening meal as it was very good. I’m spoiled so I won’t say it’s the best, but certainly when compared to other choices, this is a welcome relief. And, for Cocoa, it’s right up there at the top of the list.

Their holiday meal was pre-planned and they did, after all, take reservations, but they still managed to run out of butternut squash before we ordered. The substitute of broccoli and lentils did not set well with me, but that’s a personal thing.

I’m going to say that the food was pretty average but nice nonetheless. The atmosphere is very pleasant and the service was spot on. The entire staff, given the circumstances of the day, should be lauded for their conscientious, courteous, and professional service.

Yes, The Mango Tree is worth a visit when you are in the Cocoa area.

Parking is difficult but there is a lot at the corner of 1st and A1A. Or, if it’s available, you can park right in front on A1A. The restaurant is on the left side of the North bound lanes of A1A.

New York City, New York
“I expected more...”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

The service was terrible; the restaurant was completely understaffed for a post-Thanksgiving weekend plus two large private parties. Waited 1.5 hours for our food -- and they brought plenty of wrong dishes in the meantime. Also forgot our side dishes.

Lobster bisque was delicious (tiny portion), as was the pomodoro salad. Sit at the bar and order these two dishes if you must try this place, as nothing else stood out. In fact, the lobster ravioli would have been amazing but for the chunks of pineapple in the creamy pink sauce. Completely ruined the dish. Pappardella was cooked perfectly (as was the ravioli) but the sauce just didn't wow.

1 Thank Laura M
Melbourne, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thanksgiving dinner”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

This was a disgrace for an advertised and an expected high class restaurant. For a special Thanksgiving meal this was a thankless experience and I was pleased our dining colleagues were there to overcome the dismal atmosphere and presentation. The poor waiter was smothered in a cold and should have been told to stay at home. No one came by the table to see how the food and service was or to follow up on why desert and then coffee had not been delivered.
The price was on the high side which I would have expected for a genuine good quality restaurant but this did facility did not have the personal class of even a Chick Filet. However to order a Turkey dinner and then be told cranberry sauce is $4 extra was a surprise. Why not add the $4 to the basic cost and include the cranberry sauce. Then to add a 20% tip automatically for a table of 5 was an indication that their service was expected to be sub-par. I normally would add a 20% tip for normal service but we did not receive even the expected friendly hello how are you service.
The meal presentation was also an absolute disgrace and the management could benefit by attending a simple course on such issues.
I will not be returning or recommending this restaurant to anyone.

1 Thank Dr Rodney B
St. John's, Canada
“Great food, indifferent service”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We were a group of seven who made a Friday night reservation well in advance. We arrived on time. The restaurant was packed - so much so that the staff was overwhelmed. Our waiter started complaining as soon as we sat down.

There seemed to be little coordination between the kitchen and the wait staff. It took forever to get our courses. Only six of the seven entrees arrived together. The seventh followed about ten minutes later.

If a restaurant has seating for 100 people, and 90 folks show up for dinner on a Friday night, why is the restaurateur so surprised?

The food was quite decent with reasonable portions and well priced. The service was very lacking.

1 Thank Upalong
Indian Harbour Beach, FL
“Great Meal Accompanied by a Virtuoso Singer”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

If you are looking for a wonderful meal in the Space Coast region, definitely head on over to The Mango Tree. We recently visited with friends visiting from Toronto. I had read a great review in a local publication so we decided to forego our usual top restaurant picks and try out The Mango Tree. All four of us were delighted with the meal. The next evening we were still raving. The menu is varied, but I would urge everyone to order the fresh pasta dishes. I had hollow tubed spaghetti in an Ametriciana sauce that was, perhaps, the best I have ever had. The evenings' ravioli offering was equally sumptuous. The bread was fresh baked and delicious. A week has passed and I am still thinking about how delicious my meal was. Last night my son took me to a wonderful Italian restaurant in a lovely small California town. It was a special place--reputed to be Oprah's favorite place to dine. Great meal--but The Mango Tree was better! Perhaps the most delightful surprise was the incredible musical accompaniment. We dined on a Wednesday evening and we were all a bit apprehensive on arrival about having to deal with loud music. We were with old friends and we were all looking to have good dinner conversation. We didn't realize what a treat we were in for! Emanating from the next room was the most stunningly beautiful voice I've heard anywhere except the Metropolitan Opera. Wow! This man is a special talent. Our server told us he was a regular on Wednesday nights and that he had made the cut for "America's Got Talent." I've never seen the program but it would be hard to find a more magical. We've added The Mango Tree to our list of special occasion restaurants. Enjoy.