“Very good budget hotel in prime area”

Motel 6 Cocoa Beach
Ranked #30 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Reviewed March 19, 2007

I stayed there during Spring Break/ St. Patricks day weekend with a friend of mine only because of the lowest rate in Cocoa Beach. I had booked a nonsmoking room but upon check in I had to take a smoking room due to late check outs after waiting 20 minutes to check in after a 10 hour drive. Otherwise it would've been a 2 hour wait due to the goings on in the area. At least the room was clean and somewhat facing the ocean. Ocean veiw semi-obstructed by building. I had some citrus air fresh curb the tobacco odor. Here are the pros and cons:
Pros:
Great location
Affordable rates
Pet friendly
1 block to ocean access (walkable)
Can walk to Ron Jon's and other restaurants
Cons:
Very limited cable channels
Extra charge for microwave/fridge unit(I brought my fridge)
mattress not rotated(needs rotation to prevent wear out in 1 area)
No in room coffee pot. (Coffee in Lobby 7-10 am only)
Ice machines hard to find (only 2 on premises on 2nd floors)
No clocks in room
If I had to come back to stay in Cocoa Beach I would reconsider this place and try out a studio unit with more features in it.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
4  Thank penguinlimo
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Cocoa Beach

Reviewed August 5, 2006

If you're looking for an affordable, no-frills, pet-friendly, kid-friendly, clean place with a pleasant staff, look no further. I can't say enough about the Motel 6 Cocoa Beach- I'm ashamed to admit it, but before our stay, I was a bit of a "snob" toward the place- what a fool I was! We've spent twice the $ staying at other places and were treated like intruders. Our first experience w/ Motel 6 Cocoa Beach was summer 2004- we were left "homeless" during the hurricanes while waiting for our new home to be ready. Well, I called every place on the beach and as soon as I mentioned 5 children, suddenly NONE of them had the vacancy that a moment earlier they'd had! The Motel 6 didn't even hesitate- they could not have been any more gracious and accomodating. We were there for a total of 6 weeks, so we got to know this place pretty well! Again, if you're looking for ambiance, you better keep looking, but for those who want to get away inexpensively and you have kids/pets traveling w/you, I recommend it without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Facevalue
Richmond
Reviewed July 12, 2006

My family and I stayed one night before departing on a Carnival Cruise the following day. The place was nasty smelled like a wet dog, dirty sheets, broken down beds, run down bathroom - I should have read the reviews. The place was scary - warning signs on the door to warn you to lock your doors - I spent one night in the HOOD but never again.

• Stayed: April 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 23, 2006

I'll some it up quick, after 1 large can of Lysol and a can of air fresher I slept there.......

• Stayed: January 2005
3  Thank TNpitbull
Bloomington, IN
Reviewed June 22, 2005

We would never stay here again. My kid peed his pants waiting on me to get the room key to work. We finally had to get a different room! It wasn't clean. I didn't sleep good. The atmosphere was scary. You can't see the ocean with an ocean view room. We left ASAP!

• Stayed: June 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 21, 2005

In April the rooms are $70.00 a night @ Motel 6; whereas, the hotel to the right is $119.00 a night and the hotel to the left is $109.00 a night. Stayed there for 15 nights. The rooms were roomy, the pool, deck, and grounds, were well groomed. The only complaint is they change bed linens every third day unless requested. The staff is attentive to your needs. Disney was a 70 minute drive from the hotel. You are a 100 yards from the beach and some 2nd floor rooms have views of the ocean. We will be returning.

• Stayed: April 2005
3  Thank WhoDey119
Hampshire, UK
Reviewed June 13, 2004

Room was clean and tidy and motel had a good sized pool (so kids loved it). Main complaint was that there was no microwave or tea/coffee making facilities (so wife hated it).

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member