“A Dog Kennel”

Motel 6 Cocoa Beach
Ranked #29 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Richmond
Reviewed July 12, 2006

My family and I stayed one night before departing on a Carnival Cruise the following day. The place was nasty smelled like a wet dog, dirty sheets, broken down beds, run down bathroom - I should have read the reviews. The place was scary - warning signs on the door to warn you to lock your doors - I spent one night in the HOOD but never again.

• Stayed: April 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed February 23, 2006

I'll some it up quick, after 1 large can of Lysol and a can of air fresher I slept there.......

• Stayed: January 2005
3  Thank TNpitbull
Bloomington, IN
Reviewed June 22, 2005

We would never stay here again. My kid peed his pants waiting on me to get the room key to work. We finally had to get a different room! It wasn't clean. I didn't sleep good. The atmosphere was scary. You can't see the ocean with an ocean view room. We left ASAP!

• Stayed: June 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 21, 2005

In April the rooms are $70.00 a night @ Motel 6; whereas, the hotel to the right is $119.00 a night and the hotel to the left is $109.00 a night. Stayed there for 15 nights. The rooms were roomy, the pool, deck, and grounds, were well groomed. The only complaint is they change bed linens every third day unless requested. The staff is attentive to your needs. Disney was a 70 minute drive from the hotel. You are a 100 yards from the beach and some 2nd floor rooms have views of the ocean. We will be returning.

• Stayed: April 2005
3  Thank WhoDey119
Hampshire, UK
Reviewed June 13, 2004

Room was clean and tidy and motel had a good sized pool (so kids loved it). Main complaint was that there was no microwave or tea/coffee making facilities (so wife hated it).

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Lenexa, Kansas
Reviewed December 24, 2003

I have stayed at this motel several times in the past four years with my five children. The rooms are clean and roomy. The location and price was excellent. Only about 100 yds from the beach and surrounded by fast-food restaurants. I would definitely stay there again.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed June 17, 2003

I just read a previous review on Motel 6 called "terrible" and felt really bad for those people who came here on vacation and didn't have a good time. Well, we stay at Motel 6 all the time. Simply, because it's so close to the ocean where you can walk instead of driving a long distance to get to it. You can leave your car at the motel's parking lot and just walk to the beach. Also, this motel accepts dogs and we always bring our dog with us. This motel is so close to Ron Jon Surf Shop, restaurants and stores that it makes a very convenient stay. I have no complaints about managers, because I have never had a problem with anything. You may want to take in consideration that we stay at the motel only 2 to 3 days at the time, and we prefer our room not disturbed at all times. That means we don't want cleaning crew at all. So, it really depends what you are looking for. If you want your stay to be private and convenient to everything that's the motel for you. If you want a luxury stay you may need to look for a more expensive hotel.

12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member