“Ladies Week”

The Resort on Cocoa Beach
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Reviewed November 15, 2005

We just returned from a week at the resort. There were 5 adults. The unit was spacious so we had more than enough room. The Publix grocery store was within walking distance. On Wednesday when we were there, they had a outdoor barbeque for $3.00-what a deal. The staff could not have been nicer. The first day we were there we had trouble with the toilet which kept running. We called down to the front desk and within 10 minutes someone was there to fix it. The next morning the staff called just to see if everything was alright. We asked for more pillows and received them immediately. You are right on the ocean. Every day we would go and look for shells. The pool was beautiful and not crowded. The spa was fantastic. I would highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed: November 2005
10  Thank Rainey4

Reviewed November 8, 2005

We stay frequently at the Resort on Cocoa Beach. Living in Orlando, it is close to home for a weekend stay but great for the feel of getting away. The pool is very nice. There is a basketball court and tennis court. The beach is beautiful as far as Atlantic beaches go. We also enjoy the occasional shuttle or rocket launch from the beach. After many visits, I've had no complaints. Also, the Mexican restaurant located downstairs has great food and serves chips and salsa etc. from the bar at the pool.

• Stayed: June 2005
7  Thank atttt
Reviewed November 6, 2005

First the good news- the resort is beautiful and our ocean front condo was very nice. Now the problem. We arrived at 10 AM after getting off a cruise ship. We expected to need to wait a few hours to check in becuase we knew that we were very early. We were told that it was first come, first serve and that we would have the first ocean front room that was cleaned. Other families arrived during the next few hours and they were given ocean front rooms before us. My daughter was sick with a migraine and sensitive to the bright sun light and noise. I checked back at the front desk over and over and asked why the first come first serve policy was not working and explaine that my daughter needed a dark, quiet place to lie down. They shrugged and said that they assigned us a room number ( they would not reveal it) and that it was "blocked for us." That meant that we had to wait for that room to be cleaned and could not switch to any other room. This did not make any sense to us. Finally at 4 PM they let us into our room. I asked that we be allowed a late check out due to waiting in the wind and sun (Alpha)for 6 hours. They assured me that would be highly possible and that I should call in the AM. I called in the AM and they told me that they were very busy and needed us to clean our room. I mentioned that our room had not been cleaned until 4 PM delaying us and that if they cleaned the rooms in the same order that they could be fair and give us the same amount of time in our room that other guests had. They gave me 30 extra minutes and told me that they could not possibly give me any extra time due to needing to clean the room right away. However, they did suggest that $100 would help us keep the room until noon instead of just 10:30. I did not see thier logic that involved a bribe and they did not care for my logic. I spoke to the manager who was very snippy and rude. We had to sit outside in the wind or in the lobby until we could leave for the airport. We have never found such inflexibility before and did not appreciate paying $180 to have the room from 4pm-10:30 AM and then need to pay $100 to keep if for 90 minutes longer. Others in our group paid $180 and had their room from 11 AM- 10 AM, almost a full day! We will never stay here again becuase of this. There are many lovely beach condos who care about the customers and not just their money.

• Stayed: October 2005
14  Thank Tisambas
Reviewed September 18, 2005

We really enjoyed the resort. Our room looked onto the ocean from an angle which was only could be seen from our balcony. The unit was nice, two rooms two baths and nice kitchen. The floors/carpet didn't look dirty, but don't go barefot on the floors or else you'll end up with "grocery store feet" as my friends call it. The beach was nice and wide. They had what one of the resort workers called a "tar wash-up". He said it was the worse he's seen in at least 10 years. Anyway, it got stuck to the bottoms of our feet, it was like chewing gum on your foot, except black. The hotel offered tar remover on their board-walk which did the trick. But it was a weird expereince.

Anyway, the village of Cocoa was nice which wasn't but a 10 minute drive inland from Cocoa Beach. But Florida was Florida. I'm from North Carolina and the next vacation we plan isn't going to be at a Florida beach which takes 9 plus hours to drive to when we can drive 4 hours to a NC beach that is pretty much exactly like Cocoa Beach.

Of the 3 places we've gone to on trades for our timeshare, this resort is slightly above average. And when I say average I mean average....as in what you'd expect from the average place. I can't hand out "Excellent" reviews like candy, it is reserved for places like the Half Moon Bay resort in Jamaica or some extremely beautiful resorts.

• Stayed: September 2005
6  Thank JEB-Asheville
Reviewed September 3, 2005

We stayed at the Resort on Cocoa Beach from July 16 to 23 and had a great time. Our oceanfront unit was on the third floor and we had a very nice view of the beach from our double balcony, accessible both from the master bedroom and the living room. I particularly enjoyed watching the cruise ships head out to sea and return to Port Canaveral.

The master bedroom was huge, with a king size bed and a walk-in closet, and the master bath was also quite roomy, with a jacuzzi soaking tub and a separate shower stall. The second bedroom and bathroom were smaller but certainly adequate for two teenagers.

The kitchen had everything we needed (though, as a previous reviewer noted, nonstick pans would have been a nice touch!). When we realized the toaster wasn't working very well, I called the front desk and they had a brand new one delivered within about 15 minutes.

The beach was clean and uncrowded, and we spent most of our time there. Rather than rent lounges and an umbrella, I picked up at beach chair and umbrella at the nearby Publix for about $15, and left them with another guest the day before we departed. We didn't spend much time at the pool, which did get rather crowded during the day, but enjoyed a refreshing dip several times. The waterfall is very cool--it gives you a great shoulder massage if you position yourself just right!

Our only real complaint was about the elevators--they seemed slow and were always HOT! There almost always seemed to be a few people waiting for them.

• Stayed: July 2005