“Beautiful, Well-Managed, Friendly Staff”

The Resort on Cocoa Beach
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Reviewed October 25, 2011

We stayed in an oceanfront room on the third floor with our four children ages 4 to 13. The accommodations were perfect--a large master bathroom with Jacuzzi tub, shower, and walk-in closet, twin beds in 2nd bedroom, second bathroom with shower, living room with fold-out bed, full kitchen with bar and dining area, stocked with cook/dinner ware. We also spent a lot of time on the large patio overlooking a dune nature area and the ocean. We got massages in the spa, saw a nature show featuring a baby alligator, used the well-appointed workout room, and swam in the pool.
We enjoyed everything about this resort, from the location, to the many amenities, as well as the proximity to a number of great restaurants and stores. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Know the difference between an "ocean view" room and an "ocean front" room. Cho...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank Alpine524

Reviewed October 13, 2011

We were going to board the Freedom OTS for a one week cruise and we needed a place to stay for one night since we came down one day early.
We found the property quite easily and as we got out of the car, found ourselves listening to fairly good musical entertainment as we walked toward the front desk. We got checked in easily and were sent up to our seventh floor condo. As noted in other reviews, we did not have an ocean view but we could lean out our balcony and see it. The condo was very nice and spacious, two bedrooms, two baths and a living room. There was a walk-in closet in the master bedroom as well as a king size bed. There were two twins in the other bedroom. There was a small kitchen with pots, pans, plates and cutlery to satisfy any cooking desires you might have. It was such a relief to have an apartment as opposed to staying in a hotel room. the condo was clean and everything worked.
We went down to the beach. We took the elevator down to the lobby and then walked to the back of the building, past the game room, the restaurant and out onto the boardwalk that led to the beach. Nice beach.
The negatives-- the parking lot was a 50 yard walk from the lobby. This could be a problem if you are going to be leaving the condo frequently. The other thing that was a bit different was, before we left we had to take the sheets off the bed, walk down the hall and empty the trash and put any and all dishes in the dishwasher and start it. Everyone had to be out of the unit when you checked out and if you didn't make the 10 a.m. checkout time, you would be charged $100. Still, these are not terrible things. A hotel doesn't give you near the comfort that this facility does. The price was a bit more than oceanfront hotels but the room that you had made up for that small difference in price.
I would stay there again and I would recommend it to my friends. It's not a full-service hotel but the trade-offs are worth it.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary in Sept '11 and wanted to see the ocean for the first time and were looking for a place to stay close to the beach. I am so grateful that we found this Resort! We reserved an Ocean Front room and it exceeded our expectations. 2 bedrooms, 2 full baths. Walk in closet and jacuzzi tub in the master. Full kitchen, dining table and living room area. We were on the 5th floor and the view from the balcony was breathtaking! We got up early every morning to watch the sunrise. Even got to watch a thunderstorm over the Atlantic one evening from the balcony. Not to mention a Rocket launch, surfers, and quite a few dolphins!! It's a quick and easy walk out to the beach. We did eat at the Mexican restaurant on site. Very good and took advantage of the 2 for 1 drink specials! All the staff was very nice. We flew in to Orlando and drove about an hour to Cocoa Beach. We checked in around 10:30pm with no problems and check out was painless as well. I cannot say enough good things about the Resort and will be referring all my friends, family and co-workers!!!

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank reecest1979
Reviewed September 12, 2011

What can i really say? Resort was great. Very clean courtias and kid friendly.. will give it ten stars...

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank yankeeslover
Reviewed September 3, 2011

My husband and I found this condo by accident and it was a good accident, because we have stayed there a total of three times. This condo is directly on the beach, which is always a plus. There is only one pool, but it is a good size and very clean with a bar and I believe you can order food there too. There is also live entertainment that typically goes on all day. Entertainment is hit and miss, because sometimes the singer is decent and other times the singer is not up to par. Definitely entertaining either way you look at it! The hot tub is nice, because it is located higher up than the pool is, so there is somewhat of a view of the ocean. We have always had a clean room, but the view has never been good. We have always had to look at another condo instead of the ocean, but it's never been a problem for us. The kitchen is fully stocked with everything you need for an enjoyable trip. The resort also has a mexican restaurant inside, but we have never gone to it, so I can't review that.
Another great feature is there is a small movie theatre on the main level that shows fairly new movies several times a day. You can also check out movies and books while you're staying there.
The beach is nice, typical of Cocoa Beach. You have to rent umbrellas and chairs, though. It's never been overly crowded when we've been there and we've been both in the middle of the summer and later in October.
The resort location is very good. We have always stayed here for a couple of days prior to a cruise, so it is close to the cruise terminals. I'd say about a ten minute drive or less. There is a Publix basically across the street and several restaurant choices close by as well as a mall.
They have just undergone renovations. I know they were putting new carpet in when we were there last. So if you're looking for a nice simple getaway at a clean condo, then this is the place for you. We just really enjoyed it, because it was in great condition, right on the beach for a reasonable price.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank kayandjay530
Reviewed September 3, 2011

This was a great place to stay for an end to summer vacation. The resort is spacious and directly on the beach. We had three adults and two children and had plenty of room in the two bedroom "ocean view" room. (By the way for anyone that stays at beach hotels you already know the difference in ocean view and ocean front rooms, if not you may want to read up on the meaning) We enjoyed all aspects of the resort.

The room was nice and spacious. They had just replaced some of the furniture in all the rooms and looks like they are working on countertops next since there is a ton of marble in the parking lot. The room could use some touch up paint in spots and the tv in the 2nd bedroom wasn't a flat screen. Also, we happened to find the only dishwasher louder than our own. I talked with the front desk person for a little while and she gave us a great view actually. But not all rooms are set up that way. Based on floor and if you need lean a little the ocean could be more obstructed.

The pool was nice and was never crowded. The music can be a bit annoying depending on the volume and talent of the singers. The pool bar is fine for what it is. I know some people wished it stayed open longer, but it was open until around 5 or 6 each night we were there. I think this actually keep this place more family oriented vs. a party and drunk crowd. The hot tub is elevated and out of the way and a bit of a distance from the pool. We never used it. Was actually nice that the resort kept checking if people had their pool wrist bands and if they were supposed to be there. Nice to see a resort enforce its own rules for once.

They also have basketball and tennis courts, which you can borrow equipment from the front desk for. The kids playroom is ok at best. Not too impressive, but it did kill about 10 minutes for my 4 year old. The movie theater is nice and plays movies all day. The arcade is okay. The fitness center was really nice and enjoyed my time in it. We ate at the restaurant one night and enjoyed it. The service was slow, bu the food was good.

They have all sorts of activities going on around the resort. We only participated in a couple of them though. Everything thing we did or saw was nicely organized and supported well.

The beach is nice and right out the back door. You can rent beach chairs and an umbrella from the service which is on the path to the beach from the resort.

Overall, this was a great place to stay and we would definately come back if we wanted to stay in Cocoa Beach again.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk where they would stay.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Skinsfan76
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Recently, my friend and I stayed here. The grounds and the room were nice, and on that account we do not have anything to comment. However, there were two serious flaws in our accommodations so beware if you want to actually see the ocean or get an internet connection. This trip was a special occasion as my friend was celebrating the end of her cancer treatment. To mark her return to “life” after almost a year of nausea, weakness, and general physical limitations, I booked a holiday at The Resort. When I did, I opted for the Ocean View thinking this would enhance the experience. Upon arrival at the resort, a full seven minutes before check-in time, we waited for over 20 minutes for the room to be ready. We made no comment about the sign that “guarantees” room readiness at 4 p.m. After finally getting to the room, we discovered that our ocean view was actually a grand vista of a parking lot AND several dumpsters. Yes, we could look right into the heaps of garbage and listen to the trash trucks in the morning rather than the expected sound of the ocean waves and breezes. What a treat! Seeing this obvious error, I returned to the front desk to rectify the issue. I was told, however, with a pretty negative attitude, that Ocean View actually involved leaning over the balcony and catching a small corner of the ocean in the far distance. I then requested an actual ocean view, apparently called ocean front, and was told that all those rooms were booked. I am just wondering how they can justify advertising an Ocean View room rate that could only be seen by contortionists or persons not concerned with heights and leaning over balcony railings. The second issue involved the promised wireless network that was so weak we had to borrow a hard-wired adapter from the front desk. My friend and I both teach online college classes so we had to trade the box back and forth in order to connect. And when we complained the desk gave me the internet company phone number to call myself! Needless to say, we won't be back, and buyers beware!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends