“Great Family Resort!!!”

The Resort on Cocoa Beach
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Reviewed September 3, 2011

This was a great place to stay for an end to summer vacation. The resort is spacious and directly on the beach. We had three adults and two children and had plenty of room in the two bedroom "ocean view" room. (By the way for anyone that stays at beach hotels you already know the difference in ocean view and ocean front rooms, if not you may want to read up on the meaning) We enjoyed all aspects of the resort.

The room was nice and spacious. They had just replaced some of the furniture in all the rooms and looks like they are working on countertops next since there is a ton of marble in the parking lot. The room could use some touch up paint in spots and the tv in the 2nd bedroom wasn't a flat screen. Also, we happened to find the only dishwasher louder than our own. I talked with the front desk person for a little while and she gave us a great view actually. But not all rooms are set up that way. Based on floor and if you need lean a little the ocean could be more obstructed.

The pool was nice and was never crowded. The music can be a bit annoying depending on the volume and talent of the singers. The pool bar is fine for what it is. I know some people wished it stayed open longer, but it was open until around 5 or 6 each night we were there. I think this actually keep this place more family oriented vs. a party and drunk crowd. The hot tub is elevated and out of the way and a bit of a distance from the pool. We never used it. Was actually nice that the resort kept checking if people had their pool wrist bands and if they were supposed to be there. Nice to see a resort enforce its own rules for once.

They also have basketball and tennis courts, which you can borrow equipment from the front desk for. The kids playroom is ok at best. Not too impressive, but it did kill about 10 minutes for my 4 year old. The movie theater is nice and plays movies all day. The arcade is okay. The fitness center was really nice and enjoyed my time in it. We ate at the restaurant one night and enjoyed it. The service was slow, bu the food was good.

They have all sorts of activities going on around the resort. We only participated in a couple of them though. Everything thing we did or saw was nicely organized and supported well.

The beach is nice and right out the back door. You can rent beach chairs and an umbrella from the service which is on the path to the beach from the resort.

Overall, this was a great place to stay and we would definately come back if we wanted to stay in Cocoa Beach again.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk where they would stay.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Skinsfan76

Reviewed August 22, 2011

Recently, my friend and I stayed here. The grounds and the room were nice, and on that account we do not have anything to comment. However, there were two serious flaws in our accommodations so beware if you want to actually see the ocean or get an internet connection. This trip was a special occasion as my friend was celebrating the end of her cancer treatment. To mark her return to “life” after almost a year of nausea, weakness, and general physical limitations, I booked a holiday at The Resort. When I did, I opted for the Ocean View thinking this would enhance the experience. Upon arrival at the resort, a full seven minutes before check-in time, we waited for over 20 minutes for the room to be ready. We made no comment about the sign that “guarantees” room readiness at 4 p.m. After finally getting to the room, we discovered that our ocean view was actually a grand vista of a parking lot AND several dumpsters. Yes, we could look right into the heaps of garbage and listen to the trash trucks in the morning rather than the expected sound of the ocean waves and breezes. What a treat! Seeing this obvious error, I returned to the front desk to rectify the issue. I was told, however, with a pretty negative attitude, that Ocean View actually involved leaning over the balcony and catching a small corner of the ocean in the far distance. I then requested an actual ocean view, apparently called ocean front, and was told that all those rooms were booked. I am just wondering how they can justify advertising an Ocean View room rate that could only be seen by contortionists or persons not concerned with heights and leaning over balcony railings. The second issue involved the promised wireless network that was so weak we had to borrow a hard-wired adapter from the front desk. My friend and I both teach online college classes so we had to trade the box back and forth in order to connect. And when we complained the desk gave me the internet company phone number to call myself! Needless to say, we won't be back, and buyers beware!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
10  Thank Pat M
Reviewed August 12, 2011

we have stayed here a couple times. kids like it, movie theater, pool, easy access to the beach. safe for kids, staff is very visible all hours of the day. I like that they check for pool bands. They should have Tiki bar open later and entertainment at the pool later or at night. we cooked on the grills, wish they were a little closer to building, I am sure that is city rules. overall great stay and will return.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank gabefamily
Reviewed July 30, 2011

First time stayed at a Resort and had no maid service included. We stayed for 5 nights and no type of cleaning service. Had to go and get own towels at the towel exchange everyday, It was only open from 9 to 5, and a pain in the butt! Had to take out own garbage everyday. Tiki bar at pool was closed at night. They had entertainment around the pool, but during the day, at night nothing. The room itself was starting to show its age, but was good sized and appreciated the extra room. The access to the beach was great. That would be about the only reason would stay there again. Sammi waiting at the beach for you, he rented you 2 chairs and an umbrella for $20.00 a day. The day meaning from 9 to 5. At 5:00 they come and take it away. Did enjoy the movie theatre one night, as it had stormed and could not use the pool. You get wristbands when check in for the amount of people in your room, if don't return them at checkout they charge you $6.00 for each missing wristband. You also get 6 beach towels, if not in room at time of checkout you get charged $12.00 or $15.00 for each missing towel, which is the norm. Had to do an inventory when got to room, was missing a few things, I let front desk know so wouldn't get charged. Location was good. Had a good time.

Room Tip: Had an ocean view, but when looked straight out off the balcony seen condos and parking lot. Had to...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank momofboys000
Reviewed July 26, 2011

we had a very very nice time at the resort, the rooms were clean and spacious. the only complaint I have is the tiki bar at the pool closes WAY TOO SOON and the singer at the pool stopped at 4:00 everyday. other then that we really enjoyed it and felt safe with samll children

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank dixie47520
Reviewed July 11, 2011

This is a very nice resort. It is dated a bit, but it is very clean and comfortable. It has a good size pool and a whirlpool. The pool snack bar closes pretty early. So, do not plan on going down there in the late afternoon. The mexican restaurant onsite was pretty empty the night we ate in there, and the food was just okay. If you venture out for dinner, there are many place to choose from but avoid Branos down the road. A horrible experience.
If you like the beach, it is right out the back door of the resort. You can rent two chairs and an umbrella for $20 a day. Not a bad deal.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank gbpackerfan62
Reviewed June 25, 2011

We were pleasantly surprised by this resort.

The Staff
Very friendly at the checkin desk. We were early (just got off cruise ship) and they were very accommodating.
The rest of the resort staff was a mix of friendly and don't even look at me. That was a bit surprising really.

The Rooms
Large. The master bedroom (2 bedroom) was huge. I think it's the biggest I've seen. There was room for a king sized bed, dresser, night stands, then you could have held an aerobics class with the extra space. There is also a walk in closet. That's a first.

The Price
Fair I guess. I've gotten rooms for less that were in the same condition.

The Theater
They have a 50 seat theater with a projector overhead. Movies are played from DVD in widescreen format. The movies are typically 3 years old. We watched a couple and it was fun.

Internet
Get online early, mid-day, or late, or forget it. Very very slow any other times.

The downs....
There are 2 elevators and a service elevator. 8 floors. There was always 1 elevator out of service.
Took about 3 days for the ice maker to catch up. It's slowwwww.
Take your own music to the pool. They have these tiny speakers scattered around. Very cheap.

Beach Chair Rentals
Smitty rents 2 chairs, cushions, and umbrella for $20/day. Best deal on the beach. Don't let them tell you a storm might be coming and run you off. They did that to us the last day. The storm came 3 hours later.

Room Tip: Just reserve an ocean front room.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family