“Waist of time”

The Dinosaur Store Adventure Zone
Ranked #13 of 44 things to do in Cocoa Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: The Dinosaur Store facility includes the museum gift store, the Adventure Zone, and when complete in Spring 2014, the Museum of Dinosaurs and Ancient Cultures (located on 2nd and 3rd floor). The museum gift store, The Dinosaur Store, has been featured on CNN, Popular Mechanics, Southern Living and a many other national media venues. It boasts one of the largest selections of authentic fossils and minerals in the private world. The Adventure Zone is a separate interactive area for the entire family, featuring live reptiles, including alligators up to 8 feet up close. It includes over 25 unlimited play /educational stations for one low price. An amusement ride that makes you feel like you are spinning and rocking around in the ocean is also available for an additional charge (restrictions apply). The admission to the museum gift store is complimentary and the Adventure Zone has an admission charge. Parking is free. Both are open 7 days a week. Please visit our website for more information. The facility is located in the heart of Cocoa Beach, directly on SR 520, right around the corner from Ron Jon Surf Shop.
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

It's cool.... if you love dinosaurs more than anything. If you just want to walk through the store for free its alright but you have to pay a ridiculous amount for some crappy exhibits. Won't be going back.

DLC-CocoaBeach, Manager at The Dinosaur Store Adventure Zone, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

As with any other amusement area, it is the visitor's responsibility to ensure that the Adventure Zone is a match for you and your family. An informative slide show showing the Adventure Zone features, prices and hours is located just outside the entrance door. Our website also has quite a bit of information. One of the main features of the Adventure Zone is the live reptiles. Yes, you can go to other venues to see 3 foot alligators. But we have them from 2' to 8', along with a host of lizards, snakes (including an Anaconda), and tortoises. If your family is not interested in the live reptiles, then the Adventure Zone may not be a good match for you. Of course, there are many other things to do also in the Adventure Zone - all with unlimited play and no tokens.

Just like a Zoo or a movie, all visitors can have fun (even the old ones) and everybody is charged admission - $6.00 for adult and seniors and $8.00 for children. The ride is a State of Florida permitted ride (not a kiddie ride) and has both height and physical limitations. It CANNOT be included in the price because many people either cannot or do not want to ride - it does spin quite fast. The price is separate and is $2.89 +tax. With no parking fees, cool a/c, clean and beautiful restrooms, world class minerals and fossils to explore, by most people's standards this is a bargain! Visitors should take the time to research what it is that they are doing and will not consider this a "waste" of time if it is a match for their own interests.

All reviews
"interesting place"
"couple of hours"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We visited the Dinosaur Store last week (Friday, August 24) during our vacation to Cocoa Beach. First, let me start with the positives. It is a very cool store…especially if you have a 9-year-old boy who loves fossils and dinosaurs. However, if you have smaller children (we also have a 4-year-old boy), I would recommend taking them somewhere else, as there are many breakable things in the store. My oldest loved the store, though, and loved looking at everything. Now, let me address some of the negative aspects of the store. As other reviewers also mentioned, there is an “Adventure Zone” attached to the store. However, it was $8 for each child to go in. The part that kind of irritated both my husband and myself is that it also cost $6 for each PARENT to go in. Now, I didn’t want to leave my children unsupervised in the Adventure Zone, so I had no choice but to pay the $6 to go in. However, if I had known this beforehand, it would have been helpful. We were only in the Adventure Zone for about 30 minutes before my kids got bored…especially my 4-year-old. If you wanted to go on the ‘ride’, it cost extra. If you wanted to pan for gems, that was extra, too (on top of the $8 fee for each child to just go into the Adventure Zone). Overall, it was a very neat store for my 9-year-old. If we do go back, I will make it clear to him beforehand that we are just going to the store…and I will have my husband take my 4-year-old somewhere else to keep him occupied.

3  Thank Brody0809
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My family has visited the Dinosaur store in the past but this was my first visit. If you have a child interested in dinosaurs- and I have a few that are- then this is the place for you! I wouldn't recommend it for little children because the temptation to touch is overwhelming. Fascinating fossils mingled with present day finds. Some are priced exorbitantly but there are also sunglasses and t shirts that are reasonably priced, much to my surprise. That makes it easier to get a child out of the store with a souvenir that doesn't break the bank. All in all, some pretty interesting window shopping. Didn't explore the adventure zone since it wasn't open yet.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

It worth it for the price, My girls had fun but got bored soon in the Adventure Zone. The store has a lot of good stff