“If you want old Florida charm, this is the place!!”
Review of Dolphin Inn

Dolphin Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Cocoa Beach B&B and Inns
Haines City, Florida
“If you want old Florida charm, this is the place!!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I went on a mini vacation to Cocoa Beach. We are both from FL and have been many times but this is the first time we stayed here and can I say that we absolutely LOVED this motel! The lush tropical plants growing everywhere, the many statues and figurines that the owner (Debbie) had placed around the courtyard, you can walk out on the dock and can kayak or fish (FOR FREE!!) in the Banana River and the section of beach that they told us to use was nearly EMPTY makes this place one of the best that I have found hands down! If you are looking for or expecting chain hotel atmosphere, then don't go. The owner and her husband were very nice and I loved talking with each of them. They don't come daily to clean, just to take out the trash and give new towels but I'm the type that doesn't like maid service daily. If you aren't from FL and want to see how it used to be here, book a room at the Dolphin Inn. Each room was different from the rest which also gave it that homey feel that you NEVER get from chain hotels. We will definitely be return guests. THANK YOU DEBBIE!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jaxsicle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

The employee/owner was friendly enough but the room was SMELLY and dirty complete with stained sheets which was a little scary even for the discount price of $80/night. I tried it because other reviews called it kitschy those were true but left off the dirty factor - ugh!

• Stayed February 2013
8 Thank Sloopygirl

Travelers are raving about these Cocoa Beach hotels

kent england
Reviewed January 28, 2013

i just loved this motel,it is so pretty,as you walk in threw the grounds.i found the owners to be helpful,accommodating,and friendly.this motel,is really peaceful.just what the doctor ordered lol.while i was there they were putting in new beds,and flat screen tvs.
i walked across to the beach in the morning,to watch the sunrise. and in the evening i watched the sunset,from there dock. and saw fabulous sunset.and to round it of the dolphins swam by.
this might not be for everybody,but it was my cuppa tea
and im coming back,next year.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Riverdale
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Looked for an inexpensive place to stay 1 night before going on our 1st Cruise!!! Dolphins have a special place in my heart, lost my darling Mama in 2011 Dolphins were here fave creatures on this earth!!! Fate I found The Dolphin Inn YEAH! I Believe so :-) Got 2/4 the price of 1 here, Dolphins for Mama, & vintage shabby chic' for ME :-) I adore Mom & Pop motels, love their unique character & charm !!!! Would stay at the Dolphin Inn Motel again even if we weren't cruisin!!!! A GREAT price for a waterfront view with Cocoa Beach right across the st. & the Banana River on the property PERFECTION !!! And the owner a lovely, fun gal Miss Debbie from jolly ole' England just loved her :) The Dolphin Inn A MUST STAY if you love charm & vintage!!!! Rather stay here than a 5 star hotel !!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, FL
Reviewed January 24, 2013

As a local I recently stopped in at the Dolphin Inn to inquire about a room. I had my three young children with me. The office reeked of cigarette smoke so I waited outside, already having a feeling this was not the place a family. My kids were touching some shells near some plants. The woman came out and snapped at them not to touch the shells. Then she asked if there would be children staying. I said no, and she said, "okay, because we DON'T DO CHILDREN." I was ASTOUNDED. I left telling her that if she was not supportive and inclusive of families we would not be patronizing her business. Unbelievable. If that is your attitude, put it in big bold letters on your website, you are discriminatory and want nothing to do with families with children.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Chispo
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We loved this place. If you're looking for a place that isn't chainy, has a lot of "character", and you've ever lived in an OLD beach apartment, you will probably dig it. The owners have very eclectic taste... The courtyard and the rooms reflect this. From Key West to Japan to England to Atlantis... Mermaids, The Beatles, frogs, you name it. They let us look at a couple of rooms and we opted for the King room upstairs. We totally enjoyed it. The stick-on tiles are peeling up by the front door, the King seems to be two twins put together on a King box spring, the window unit freezes up if you leave the door open, and there are some "soft" spots in the floor. It was fanstastic! LOL! I know that sounds odd, but it really was a 'local' experience. The room was perfectly clean, just old and 'rustic'. There is a small table with two chairs outside the front door of this room, and it overlooks the AWESOME courtyard, with a great view of the river. There are plenty of tables and chairs outside, grills, kayaks, etc. The best way I can describe the place is that it looks like it was a small "efficiency" apartment complex before. Very relaxed and laid back atmosphere. Has a laundry room. Our room was pretty big, with a sink, mini fridge and microwave, couch. There is also a table inside with 4 chairs... dinette set. It rained while we were there, so we played cards and had margaritas inside one day. We looked at it as an adventure, and loved every second of it. Didn't see any bugs inside :) The owners were really nice and recommended the best breakfast place. Barrier Jack's. Great hashbrowns! Taco City across the street was just ok.. pretty bland. We'll be back to the Dolphin Inn!!!

Room Tip: Upstairs King room doesn't have a stove... there is one unit downstairs we saw that has a stove...