“Great quirky quiet Motel”
Review of Dolphin Inn

Dolphin Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Cocoa Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Simple but comfortable rooms. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The Motel is located a little way out of the main Cocoa Beach area. Quiet location, free Wi-Fi and right on the waters edge. Higly recommended

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Richard T

Reviewed May 11, 2012

We stayed at the Dolphin Inn Motel last week and had a wonderful experience!!! Granted the motel is a little older than all the fancy places, but its perfect little paradise. The room we stayed in was clean and confortable. The courtyard was beautiful and the staff are very friendly and nice. We enjoyed kayaking in the Banana River and the beach is right across the road. For the price we paid I would say we did get our money worth. I will be going back soon and taking people with me....The river is your swimming pool!!!

Room Tip: All in all a great place to stay!!! With the ocean so close who needs a swimming pool.....
7  Thank Debra s
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Excellent WiFi! I was able to stream video from my home server to the room here @720p ! Close to the beach and across the street from the Best Taco Joint ever! (taco city)
The rooms are small, but clean. Nice, friendly staff. The beach is Super close! They are currently renovating here and there throughout the property and doing a great job! I'd stay again!

• Stayed: May 2012
4  Thank ThePwrSerg
Reviewed April 24, 2012

First of all, I was stuck between rating this property Poor or Average, because there was some pluses to it, but ultimately I had to say, it was poor! Before I booked this motel, I checked the reviews, and they were generally good. For the area, it was inexpensive but still expensive enough that you want some basic ammenties. This place is very small and the Owners run it, which in itself is lovely, but "run it down" might be more accurate. This place has not been updated forever. Our first clue that this place was not going to be what we expected was in the office (which is barely bigger then a closet) there is a sign that said that there is no daily cleaning service, only trash removal, that if you want daily cleaning service to inquire on the cost. We only stayed 2 nights and our bed was made in between so I am still not sure if this was just for weekly guests or everyone. When we got to our room, it was beyond old, but it was clean, I must say. In the bathroom it didnt have a toilet paper holder, and you could see where the towel holder had fallen or been ripped off the wall, and never replaced so you had nowhere to hang your towels. I found this especially unattractive and plain lazy that these two almost essential items were not immediately replaced. There was a window air conditioner unit that was REALLY loud and made it hard to sleep. On the brighter side...The location is off the busy end of Cocoa Beach, out of Cocoa Beach, proper, if you will, but not a bad location since across the street there is beach access and it is quiter then closer in. The Owners are friendly, and it is as laid back as you can get. They do have Kayaks and allow the guests to use them, and as the river is right in the back yard, that is a definite plus, and we did enjoy the use of one of them. They have grills for guests use, but upon looking at them, you wouldnt really want to use them. They have some outside patio type furniture so you can sit out close to river, but again, no thank you. To sum it up, it wasnt all bad, but I would I return?? Absolutely not!

6  Thank reneesmail1
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Just the kind of place we were looking....down to earth owners, beautiful grounds, well kept rooms. The Dolphin Inn is right on the Banana River and directly across the street from the ocean. Paddle the Banana River with the dolphins with kayaks provided by the Inn. At night enjoy the beautiful sunsets and cool breezes in one of the comfortable sitting areas.

1  Thank KarlDoreen
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We were looking for an inexpensive place for the night and found The Dolphin Inn in Cocoa Beach. Beautiful location on the Banana River. I wish we had more time to spend there. Everyone was friendly. The room was hugh with a queen size bed and kitchenette. The bathroom was on the tiny side with a shower stall but adequate for our needs. The decor was different than what you would expect from a Florida beach hotel. Definitely a little quirky but I would have love a few more days there to take advantage of the location.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Denise T
Reviewed March 17, 2012

If you are looking for a room that is similar to the Hampton Inn or better, DO NOT STAY here, it is not for you. My husband and I got there late on Sunday, March 11, 10 PM. Our flight was delayed and because we were running late the owner called to make sure we were still planning on staying, you don't get that with chain hotel/motels. The Dolphin Inn is a great place to stay if you enjoy quiet and don't want a bunch of small children running around, this definitely is not a place to be with children.

Our first morning there, we woke up made some coffee and walked to the patio table along the Banana River and that's where we planted ourselves for most of the day. The Atlantic Ocean is across the street (no view) on a public pathway. We couldn't swim in the ocean due to the riptides, but went beach combing and enjoyed every minute of the walk.

I do plan on staying there again!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple