“Awesome Vacation”
Review of Cocoa Beach Suites

Cocoa Beach Suites
Ranked #18 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Reviewed August 31, 2013

i would like to Thank Shay,,Mike Janene and Adrian that worked the front desk night and day and the head of the cleaning department Ms Rhea they all were very friendly and helpful during my stay .
The room was much more than I expected. The room was clean , roomy for the dogs . I have never stayed in a room that had a king bed in one room and then a separate room had two queen beds. also had a microwave ,refrigerator , kitchen sink and coffee pot, ironing board and iron, , the bathroom was clean it also had a hair dryer. The Hotel was right on the strip you could walk to so many different eating places. one block from the beach. Everyone one made you feel at home ,they recommended different things for us to see . they told us about the Casino Cruz which was so much fun.. i would like to Thank them all for such a awesome vacation. I will differently come back next year

Room Tip: I really don't think you could get a bad room
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 29, 2013

The hotel itself is in a great location in proximity to the beach. Free Parking with a Waffle house right next door. However due to an issue with our bathroom we had to move . The management handled the situation professionally and although we were extremely stressed from our long trip and wait to get things sorted out they made up for it in the end. We would love to give them a try again in the future once improvements are made.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We showed up at 7am out of the blue and were recognized by staff. Our first visit was last year! John p. And Adrienne M. Hooked us up! We were able to sleep in a great room, and the staff made us feel welcome. Bed and hot shower was what we needed. The price is great, location is great and just the atmosphere really set our mood! Thanks again, to Adrienne and John!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Virginiacoupl
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Wanting to have a getaway to the beach, I booked a 2 room suite. We arrived to find an oddly situated suite. The king (master) was the first room you entered. To get to the next room, which had 2 double beds (for the kids), you had a connecting door, which had the lock on that side. The bathroom for this suite was located in that second room, so privacy was at a minimum. Of course, the first thing my 3 year old did was lock us out of the 2nd room. We thought we could handle everything until we discovered that not only did the TV not work for the kids, when our alternate solution of using wifi to let them watch Netflix on our phones didn't work either because there was NO wifi. The in-suite kitchen was cute, but extremely small. A tiny microwave, hotel fridge, cabinets and miniature sink was on one small section of counter. No hot water worked at the sink either, which made it difficult to clean baby bottles, etc. I tried to come up with another solution for the kids to have something to do (after we went to the beach), so we went to the hot tub, only to find out that it was also broken. Of course, there was no pool and we did not feel like walking to the next hotel to use the "shared one".
By this time, kids were beyond cranky and I couldn't imagine the inconvenience any longer. With most items broken, I just wanted to go home.
Obviously, this hotel did not give us any money back, nor did they attempt to correct the problems or even give us back a partial discount. It was a waste of money and I won't make the same mistake twice.
I was hoping the staff's attitude would be a saving grace, but other than listening when I said I needed a baby crib .. I was not treated with high regard. Shay was a bit unfriendly and seemed like she had better things to do than listen to me.
Overall, I had great expectations and was sorely disappointed.

Room Tip: I wish I had a tip for you that would be helpful. I suppose the higher floors have better views.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank green1228
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We booked a family suite for six of us to stay the night before we sailed from Port Canaveral. I hesitate to give this hotel three stars because it really wasn't quite "average" IMO, but I didn't want to call it "poor" since it served it's purpose and was clean enough.

The king sized bed my husband and I slept in was placed in what obviously use to be a kitchen so it felt a little "makeshift" to us. The second room held two double beds. There was only one bathroom, and it was located off the second room, so in order to get to it, we had to walk through the bedroom where my daughter and her children were sleeping. There were six of us, so only having one bathroom was a little inconvenient, much less having it placed off the second bedroom.

Pros: The hotel is conveniently located for overnight stays before sailing out of Port Canaveral. It is acceptably clean, and our room did have an ocean view (albeit, in the distance) It was clean enough, and it would be hard to beat the price for six people to spend the night. The beach was within walking distance. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Cons: Old hotel. Decor, bedding, etc need updating. No pool (although they do provide use of the pool at a neighboring hotel) Not a place I'd want to stay for more than one night at a time.

Synopsis: Good $$ deal for convenient, short term lodging near Port Canaveral.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I had a hard time making my reservation but it was worth the wait. Upon checking in the front desk was busy. Shay was very helpful and even gave us a late check out. We will be coming back to stay in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Glenda M
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I recently decided to visit Cocoa Beach for a week long vacation. Made up my mind a week before I left. I ended up finding a great deal for Cocoa Beach Suites. $44 a night for a Suite. Not bad for someone that wasn't planning on staying in the room much anyway. The staff was very nice. The lobby was spacious, but no seating available if more than one family arrived to check in at a time. Not a problem for me, but could be for some. The carpet in the hallways leading to the rooms was stained and needed replaced. True I wasn't going to sleep in the hallway, but appearances mean a lot to some visitors. Updates are needed. Parking was a little limited, but I never had a problem finding a spot. Covered and uncovered parking was available. Noticed there was a hot tub through a door right next to the lobby you needed a room key to have access to. No pool, but one or two of the hotels next door made theirs available for anyone who wanted to swim. My room was located on the 4th floor (403). If you looked out, across the main road and a few blocks away you could see the water. Otherwise, it was just the Waffle House and Taco Bell/Long John Silvers restaurants, along with the main strip and shops. The other side of the building might have had a better view because the ocean could be seen from that side. In fact, the beach was within walking distance. I'd say 2-3 minute walking distance. Non-busy street to cross. Sidewalks to walk on to get to it. Well lit at night. The hotel is one block away from the main strip going through the city (North Atlantic Ave.). Leaving your car parked and walking to shops, restaurants, and the beach would be no problem.

The room itself was very nice. When entering, you first come to the living area (couch, kitchen, tv, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, sink). The next room to the left is the bedroom (bed, two nightstands with lamps, table with lamp, tv, small open closet). The third room is the bathroom (tub/shower, retractable clothes line to dry your bathing suits on, toilet, single sink, full length mirror on door, hairdryer). Complimentary shampoo, lotion, soaps are included. Overall the cleanliness of the rooms was great. The bed was a bit hard, but very spacious. Seemed to be very quiet as well when in your room. Very happy with my stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo