“A winner in my books.”
Review of Cocoa Beach Suites

Cocoa Beach Suites
Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This was my first time in Florida and Cocoa Beach. If I ever return to the area, I will definitely stay here again. I had a family suite and my kids enjoyed beds of their own while I relaxed in a comfy King sized bed. The room was clean and spacious and the staff was helpfull and friendly. I stayed there two nights and could have easily stayed longer. Overall it was good value for the money.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank sutterbug

Reviewed April 9, 2013

RESERVATION: First, on March 29, 2013, we booked a seven day cruise w/ parking at this hotel. We wanted to stay on the night before boarding the ship so we didn't have to travel the morning of. Well, we left our home in South Carolina around 5pm and got hit with a double whammy of Easter holiday/Spring Break traffic on the way to the hotel. Around 9pm, we made it to Georgia and decided to call to see if anyone was going to be around to check us in around 11pm. CJ, at the front desk, stated that he didn't even have a reservation for us listed under our name. We were in shock because we had a confirmation number along with an email. So, I gave CJ that information and he was able to find our reservation. Except, our reservation was booked for March 1, 2013 and we were charged a no show fee on our credit card. I got teeth marks on my tongue because that was how hard I had bite my tongue for not saying anything rude. So, I handed the phone to my husband. CJ informs my husband that someone modified the reservation and that he didn't know who the initials were. At this point, we are tired, hungry, and frustrated now that we just wanted to have this cleared up quickly. CJ asked us to call him back so he can talk with the General Manager. We called back and CJ said every thing was good to go. CJ was extremely nice about it and we thank the GM for clearing this matter up quickly. I am assuming that this is beyond both of our control.

PARKING: The parking was so overbooked for this hotel that we were told to park in the Waffle House parking lot across the street. We were extremely trusting that our vehicle wasn't going to be towed over night. So that didn't help with the sleepless night we had. It wasn't towed though.

ROOM: We got a room on the fifth floor that was secluded. We were told it was their "emergency" room. It was ocean view and had three beds. However, it was not in good condition for the "best room in the hotel". It smelled musky and it was not very clean at all. There was a computer chair right next to the bed and it had some stains on it that I am not going to go into details as to what it look liked.

STAFF: The staff were extremely nice to us especially who we thought was the security guard that happened to be on the fifth floor. This is why I gave this hotel a 1 ranking.

SHUTTLE: We got the 12:15 shuttle time to leave for the port. Everything went excellent. However, a couple of families on the same shuttle were talking about how their reservations got cancelled with exact same story we were told. What a coincidence...not. We were all given a shuttle time for our return which I have not gotten at any other hotel but we went with it. They were even shocked that we kept our slip the whole trip. Upon our return, we did get disembark numbers that were too high to meet the 9:15am shuttle time that the guest services on the cruise ship gave us an early disembark number so we can meet it. Everything went smoothly until they put us on the wrong shuttle bus. We had to get dropped off at a cruise parking lot over by the Radisson hotel and wait for the right bus to pick us up. Not our fault, it was theirs. We were just doing what we were told.

This will not be a hotel that I will return to any time in the future. It is so unfortunate for the staff members that have to represent this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thomas W, General Manager at Cocoa Beach Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

I do apologize for the problems you encountered with your reservation and the shuttle. We did have a communication problem between our computer and some of the webisites people use to book their reservations. I believe that has been corrected at this time. I do thank you for the very nice comments on the team. I am very proud of them and I agree with you, they do represent the hotel well. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to show you our usual great service in the near future.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

our favorite staff members are shay, cj, steve and tom. these ppl went above and beyond to make our stay as pleasent as possible. cj treats us like family, shay is very sweet, tom alwaysgreets us with a warm inviting smile, and steve is always friendly. this is our favorite hotel in cocoa beach. these ppl make this hotel feel like our second home. and we really care for them all very much.

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for your recognition of the staff. They appreciate you as well. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

My husband and myself had the pleasure of staying here for 2 nights during the last week of March. Comfortable, great ocean view, within easy walking distance to beach, restaurants, surf shopping. We'll be back. Staff are super friendly and extremely helpful. Thanks to Tom and C.J. for pointing us into the right direction for restaurants and attractions. And Jerry, you are the happiest guy around - clearly you love your job!
We will recommend this hotel with pleasure to friends and family. Good job!

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view, 5th floor.
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The hotel isn't bad, but it could be better. It's about a 3 block walk to the beach(bring a cooler with wheels), there isn't a pool & the pools you can use(2 affiliate hotels) aren't close(more walking). The "two bedroom suite" is exactly what you get. You open the door to your hotel room & step into the king bedroom, which is also your kitchenette, a door in the king room opens to the 2nd bedroom with the 2 queen beds & your bathroom is also in that 2nd room. There is a hair dryer & an iron w/ board, there are also t.v's in both rooms but there is no safe in the room. A few good things: the hotel has a large hot tub that is very clean, there are multiple extra bathrooms on every floor & the staff is excellent. At any given time there is a knowledgeable person at the desk to help with anything you need and they can all recommend great places to eat, shop & visit or answer any question you may have(we had many). I have to say that Steve, who worked the night-shift, went out of his way for us on more than one occasion. We had a few issues that he eagerly solved, printing directions & finding locations for us, he made our stay at this hotel a much more enjoyable experience, Thanks Steve!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are secluded.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JillW91676
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We got an amazing rate over Easter Weekend when everything else was booked. But our experience was umm, interesting....While we are checking in a front desk associate literally walked off the street with no shirt on, through the lobby door around behind the counter proceeded to put his shirt, unbutton his pants to tuck in his shirt and pull himself together while asking us if we had our parking pass. The other associate sounded more like he was organizing a party for later than confirming a new guest reservation..

We got through that, checked into our room and because it was beautiful we wanted to go to the pool that is advertised on their website....well, that is a shared pool which is at another hotel about 1 block down the street, so it is an interesting process.

The 1 elevator in the building takes forever, so you can go outside and use the stairs through an unlocked door which gives you access to every floor, not exactly safe.

When we journeyed to the other hotel to use the pool, we casually asked the front desk clerk if we were "safe" at the Cocoa Beach Suites, and BOTH front desk clerks at the same time, laughed in our faces and one said, "if we were not booked 100% we would transfer you over here" and they would not explain further.

We didnt have any issues, but still that uneasy feeling all night from the hotel about a safety concern. Especially from the sister hotel where Cocoa Beach Suites SENDS all their customers to use the pool, not very cool.

But overall everything was fine, but exactly like I said interesting stay. LOL

No beach access directly, you have to cross backside of A1A which is fine if you are familiar with the area.

If you are a local Florida resident stay here for the convenience etc...if you are a family looking for a real hotel, pool, breakfast etc pay the extra money to stay somewhere else. LOL

Room Tip: Ask for Ocean Side
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here during spring break this year. Had a family suite and had a king size bed and another room with 2 double beds. There were 5 of us, 2 adults and 3 kids. The location was great!! Within walking distance to local restaurants, Ron Jon's and the beach!! Although the picture on the site shows the beach in the background we didn't mind walking the couple blocks to get there. Was saddened that there was no pool, just a spa like hot tub. However, they did offer pool gratuities at the four points Sheraton, which was within walking distance and the Radisson which was a few miles away, both were heated which was nice. The second day we were there housekeeping skipped our room and we came back to our beds a mess(which was fine we can make our own) but we had no towels and no toilet paper!!! I went down to the lobby and to the front desk and was created by Steven. He was very rude when I asked for more towels because I needed 5, when he brought them to me he said 'that's it I have no more clean towels.'' To me his behavior was very unprofessional and rude especially with your customer standing right there. The next say housekeeping had our room cleaned and did a very good job on making sure everything was neat and well stocked. I went downstairs the next evening as well to get some plastic cups and to find out when checkout was and was greeted by an enthusiastic and very well mannered young man named CJ. He helped me out tremendously with the information I needed and also had no problem giving me anything I needed. I was disappointed that this was a suite and had no desk or table and chairs. Every other hotel we had stayed at had that. Also the only bathroom had to be accessed through the second bedroom, didn't seem like a very good layout. All in all our stay at cocoa beach suites was good and we would definitely stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank futuremrsduncan

Thank you for your kind comment's on your stay at the hotel. I do apologize for Steve's behaviior, and I am glad to hear CJ was very accommodating to you. We certainly do hope to see you again the very near future.