“Has seen better days”

Ranked #17 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Longmont, Colorado
“Has seen better days”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

This was probably a choice hotel twenty years ago but it is on the run-down side now. Don't be fooled by the pleasant picture and the new-looking paint job on the outside. The cable for the wired internet connection was completely trashed/broken in my room, and unusable. The elevator is likely the slowest on the space coast, and sometimes took five minutes to return to the ground floor. Even the front desk admitted it was turtle-slow!

If there was an upside to this place, it is about a ten-minute walk from the ocean, on lightly-traveled streets.

Service was helpful and genuine but they are handicapped somewhat by the condition of the place. The spa, for example, was closed for repairs.

I'm sure you can find a better deal in Cocoa Beach, including one that offers breakfast. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
FourPointsMangement, Manager at Cocoa Beach Suites, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
We value all guest comments and appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay.
The Cocoa Beach Suites hotel was built 10 years ago. Recently we changed the name from Quality Suites to Cocoa Beach Suites in August 2011. Ownership and management has not changed. The hotel has been updated in several areas inside and out. Under normal use things break but we attempt to repair and/or replace these items as quickly as possible. We have since repaired the Jacuzzi and it's up and running for our guests. I do apologize for your issues you had during your stay with the Ethernet cable, this should have been fixed immediately. The hotel has repaired and replaced all cables and also provided the front desk with extras for guests to use if needed.

Also, I apologize for the inconvenience the elevator may have had during your trip. One elevator is standard for less than a 50 room hotel and when the hotel is busy the elevator may take a minute or two longer than normal.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Suntree, Florida
Reviewed March 27, 2012

The reviews I see are relatively negative. Evidently those folks have never stayed at a really bad hotel. I found it roomy and quiet. I am local so I didn't care about the view or the beach. I booked one night and stayed the next night too. If you need a place to center out of this is a good value. Believe me I have stayed at Ritz too so I DO know there is a difference.

• Stayed November 2011
FourPointsMangement, Manager at Cocoa Beach Suites, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received a good value. We look forward to seeing you again at the Cocoa Beach suites.
Vancouver,BC
Reviewed March 20, 2012

The hotel itself and the furniture looked old but that was as expected for a budget hotel. We arrived late and had an early flight so all we wanted to do was sleep. My oldest son crawled into bed only to recoil right away. There was a big spot (about the size of a netbook) of wet urine in the middle of the bed. The floor next to my daughter's bed was soaked so that your feet got wet if you walked in that area! When we phoned the front desk we were told there weren't any family suites available but they could bring up a cot. When we complained through our booking agent we were told that the manager of the suites stated "that the condition of the room was acceptable" ... so if you accept urine-wet beds and soaked floors (with what is another question) then this is the hotel for you!

Room Tip: Here's the best tip for getting a good room .... go across the street to a different hotel!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank PoCoSaf
Hannibal, Missouri, United States
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Where to begin...I don't think this hotel is very old, yet it's very run down. The furniture is old and oudated. We were on the 4th floor and when we got off of the elevator the hallway smelled strongly of cigarette smoke. There were signs posted for no smoking in the rooms and on the elevators, but people were smoking somewhere. When we got in our room it also smelled of cigarette smoke, not old stale smoke like the previous people had smoked in our room, but as if someone was smoking in the room next to us and it was coming through the ventallation system. The AC in the front room didn't cool very well and the couch was broken. I went to plug my laptop into the high speed internet and the cable was broken so I had to take my laptop downstairs and use the front desk wi-fi connection. The rooms were not real clean and the beds were not comfortable at all. The hot tub was broken and they didn't have a pool, so we had to walk three blocks to use their sister hotel's pool. The ocean view rooms are ocean view from a block and half away and there are no balconies, so if you want ocean view be sure you're on a high floor. The best thing about this hotel was the front desk clerk. I believe his name was Kyle who was there overnight by himself. I called down to have sheets brought up to our room and he told us we had to come get them because he was by himself. I was just not impressed by this hotel at all. I'm not generally a complainer, but there is little if anything at this hotel to celebrate.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Hotel has a lot of restaurants nearby. The lack of a pool and any extras is a real disappointment. No real decor and no wifi except in the lobby. Rooms have wired Internet. Laundry machine is old and only one washer and one dryer, which are located street level on the corner of the the building with access from outside only. Indoor jacuzzi was broken.

• Stayed March 2012
Courtenay, Canada
Reviewed February 28, 2012

April 2011 we spent 15 days in Florida , and this was the worst hotel we stayed at, it was dirty, poorly maintained and smelled.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Jane Lew, West Virginia
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I was wondering if I could give this hotel a rating of 4, but decided that 3 is more accurate. The suite was very large, and the bed was comfortable. But the decor etc is definitely showing its age. The bathroom was large. It had a shower, no tub. The shower was poorly designed, with no step into it. There was almost no slant for the water to go into the drain, so it was impossible to keep water from going all over the bathroom floor. The TV was not a flat screen, and the channel selection was pretty limited.

The key card reader was not working properly on the door, so we could not get into the room at first. I had to go back to the front desk and get another card. We stayed only one night (as planned), but I had to go back to the front desk a total of three times to get key cards that would work. The front desk were apologetic and as helpful as they could be.

The hotel is located within walking distance of a couple of good restaurants, one an Italian restaurant just across the street (can't remember the name, sorry), and A NY Pizza, just down the block. My wife and I enjoyed both of these places.

One of the reasons I choose this hotel is that I saw somewhere that there is a shuttle available to the cruise ports. I assumed this was a free shuttle, but there is a charge for the shuttle.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 19Jim48
FourPointsMangement, Manager at Cocoa Beach Suites, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced by having to reactivate your keys several times. We are constantly reinvesting in the property to keep our hotel up to guest’s standards.

The hotel now charges for shuttle service to and from Port Canaveral. I do apologize you were unaware of the new fees. Guests can book our Park and Cruise package that includes parking for the duration of the cruise and shuttle for 2 people to/from Port Canaveral. Otherwise, the rates for shuttle service to Port Canaveral are $6.00 per person one way.

We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to the area.