“Not impressed!”

Ranked #17 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Hannibal, Missouri, United States
“Not impressed!”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Where to begin...I don't think this hotel is very old, yet it's very run down. The furniture is old and oudated. We were on the 4th floor and when we got off of the elevator the hallway smelled strongly of cigarette smoke. There were signs posted for no smoking in the rooms and on the elevators, but people were smoking somewhere. When we got in our room it also smelled of cigarette smoke, not old stale smoke like the previous people had smoked in our room, but as if someone was smoking in the room next to us and it was coming through the ventallation system. The AC in the front room didn't cool very well and the couch was broken. I went to plug my laptop into the high speed internet and the cable was broken so I had to take my laptop downstairs and use the front desk wi-fi connection. The rooms were not real clean and the beds were not comfortable at all. The hot tub was broken and they didn't have a pool, so we had to walk three blocks to use their sister hotel's pool. The ocean view rooms are ocean view from a block and half away and there are no balconies, so if you want ocean view be sure you're on a high floor. The best thing about this hotel was the front desk clerk. I believe his name was Kyle who was there overnight by himself. I called down to have sheets brought up to our room and he told us we had to come get them because he was by himself. I was just not impressed by this hotel at all. I'm not generally a complainer, but there is little if anything at this hotel to celebrate.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Hotel has a lot of restaurants nearby. The lack of a pool and any extras is a real disappointment. No real decor and no wifi except in the lobby. Rooms have wired Internet. Laundry machine is old and only one washer and one dryer, which are located street level on the corner of the the building with access from outside only. Indoor jacuzzi was broken.

• Stayed March 2012
Courtenay, Canada
Reviewed February 28, 2012

April 2011 we spent 15 days in Florida , and this was the worst hotel we stayed at, it was dirty, poorly maintained and smelled.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Jane Lew, West Virginia
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I was wondering if I could give this hotel a rating of 4, but decided that 3 is more accurate. The suite was very large, and the bed was comfortable. But the decor etc is definitely showing its age. The bathroom was large. It had a shower, no tub. The shower was poorly designed, with no step into it. There was almost no slant for the water to go into the drain, so it was impossible to keep water from going all over the bathroom floor. The TV was not a flat screen, and the channel selection was pretty limited.

The key card reader was not working properly on the door, so we could not get into the room at first. I had to go back to the front desk and get another card. We stayed only one night (as planned), but I had to go back to the front desk a total of three times to get key cards that would work. The front desk were apologetic and as helpful as they could be.

The hotel is located within walking distance of a couple of good restaurants, one an Italian restaurant just across the street (can't remember the name, sorry), and A NY Pizza, just down the block. My wife and I enjoyed both of these places.

One of the reasons I choose this hotel is that I saw somewhere that there is a shuttle available to the cruise ports. I assumed this was a free shuttle, but there is a charge for the shuttle.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 19Jim48
FourPointsMangement, Manager at Cocoa Beach Suites, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced by having to reactivate your keys several times. We are constantly reinvesting in the property to keep our hotel up to guest’s standards.

The hotel now charges for shuttle service to and from Port Canaveral. I do apologize you were unaware of the new fees. Guests can book our Park and Cruise package that includes parking for the duration of the cruise and shuttle for 2 people to/from Port Canaveral. Otherwise, the rates for shuttle service to Port Canaveral are $6.00 per person one way.

We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to the area.
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Worst room I have ever stayed in. We were promised an ocean view room which makes you think it is right on the beach or relatively close. It is a couple blocks away and my room faces private condo buildings. As soon as we checked in our rate was higher because they forgot to put in the parking for the cruise we were going on. Room is terrible and outdated. Lightbulbs are burnt out, internet cord is broke, pillows on the crappy sofa are open with the stuffing coming out of them. The room disgusts me...

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KaitlynF
Felton, Delaware
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We stayed at the Cocoa Beach Suites on October 29, 2011. It was a great value - just $59 for the night for a 2 room suite. The facility was very clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. This place is a little older but it is very well maintained. The have a spa on site but access to pools is at other hotels nearby. Wendy's and Waffle House are almost in the parking lot and a very nice Italian restaurant is just across the street. This place was every bit as nice as the Radisson At The Port but at LESS than half the price.

We went down for a cruise for our 2nd honeymoon. We travel by motorcycle and made better time that anticipated, arriving one day earlier than expected. The Radisson was sold out for that extra night, though we did have a reservation for the night of October 30. So we had to find accommodations at the last minute. The good folks at the Radisson suggested Cocoa Beach Suites. This hotel was less than 3 miles from the Radisson, where we were departing from for the cruise.

My wife and I were so impressed with this place that the next time we're headed that way we will definitely stay here again. It was a much better value than the Radisson. ALL the rooms are two room suites.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EAgent
Sandy, Oregon
Reviewed December 9, 2011

This was the second and thankfully last Florida hotel we stayed in after our honeymoon cruise out of the port. After our first horrible hotel experience we were really looking forward to the two room suite with an ocean view! When we got there the check in guy was super nice and checked us in at 9 AM! That was awesome of him to do....however, the room was so humid and smelled musty. The second room of our suite had two more beds in it and our ocean view was a parking lot view of the condos next door. Maybe the higher up rooms can see the ocean but you are about three blocks from the beach so it is NOT beach side like they said. Next time I will spend the extra bucks for something a little better. If you do stay here however, the pizza place down the street (not the one across) called A NY Pizza is AMAZING!

Room Tip: go to the upper levels