“Beautiful Hotel and Excellent Staff”

Courtyard Cocoa Beach Cape Canaveral
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Orlando, FL, USA
“Beautiful Hotel and Excellent Staff”
Reviewed February 14, 2011

Beautiful hotel, we had a room high up overlooking the intercostal waterway and beautiful sunset. Lobby recently remodeled and beautiful. Pool and hot tub nice. Very nice outdoor firepit. Nice service. Lots of computers available for use in the lobby. Built in TVS in the bistro tables in the lobby.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
Orlando, FL
Reviewed February 13, 2011

The Courtyard Cocoa Beach Cape Canaveral is a highly recommended hotel.
It is much more than you would expect at a typical Courtyard.
Rooms are very clean and fresh. They were recently renovated and nicely decorated. The bed was very comfortable.
Staff was very courteous & professional.
The Bistro is very good option for a light meal.
The hotel has a walk path to the beach which is about 300 yards away.
I commend Kim from The Bistro for outstanding service & unsurpassed cordiality.

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank EzeandMaria
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed February 2, 2011

This hotel was very clean, with an excellent staff. The restaurant had everything we needed including a wonderful staff. I would stay here again and I would recommend the Courtyard Cocoa Beach Hotel to my friends. Come to think of it, I already have!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Ohio
Reviewed January 30, 2011

On Jan. 27, 2011 I checked into this lovely hotel with my S,O for a one night's stay. Upon arrival we waited - and waited- for someone to check us in. There seemed to be a compuer problem-? I'm not sure... but the wait was long. We received our room keys, entered a lovely room on the 5th floor which had a balcony with two chairs and overlooed the ocean which seems to be a few blocks away. Only problem? I reserved a K bed and this room had two queens. Called back to the front desk and they said they would send up keys to the new room. We waited and waited. Called again. Keys are on the way, we were told. Waited and waited more. Called again. Then, one key arrived. our next room had a K bed, a balcony, no lovely view- but- was just fine.

I was disappointed to find out that the pool is being repaired. We were offered the opporunity to use a pool at a neiboring hotel.

I want to give a shout out to a staff member- Amelia? who helped when I asked for directions to the Kennedy Space Center. She took the time to use the smart board in the lobby- which was very impressive- and printed out clear directions for me.

Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
opa3425, Manager at Courtyard Cocoa Beach Cape Canaveral, responded to this review, February 3, 2011
Dear yoohoo614,
Thanks for your kind words about our front desk agent, Ameila, and our new GoBoard. I'm glad she was able to assist you and also that you enjoyed our new technology. I apologize for the delay in getting you a new set of keys for the room change you requested. I hope once you got to your desired room, you enjoyed the rest of your stay. As to the pool, it actually re-opened the next day. I realize that doesn't benefit you, but unfortunately, in order to maintain the facility up to the high standards expected by Marriott guests, such steps are sometimes necessary. We re-surfaced the pool with a fresh coat of marcite during that time. We are fortunate, as you noted, that we own and operate the hotel next door which shares a common walkway, and were able to offer it to our guests in an attempt to lessen your convenience. I hope you will choose to stay with us on your next trip to our area.
Tom Williamson, General Manager
New Prague, Minnesota
Reviewed January 25, 2011

We just left from a wonderful stay at the Courtyard. We are so excited for our next trip to Cocoa Beach because that is where we will be staying. I requested an ocean view balcony and got it!! When we arrived the staff were VERY friendly! We needed a wine opener and actually got that and 2 wine glasses to use. We needed blankets and pillows and they were more than willing to get them for us and asked what kind and how many....they were delivered right away! The guys in the restaurant area were so friendly. Our favorite parts were the balcony and the fire pit!! The lobby was great too!! Thanks Courtyard for a great stay!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank My2Sons1
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed January 23, 2011

The Courtyard at Cocoa Beach is located on the beach, however, there is no direct access to the beach. There is about a 7 minute walk to the beach. You have to walk around the Hampton Inn which shares the same parking lot as the Courtyard. The walk is easy and the beach access is nice.
The decor of the Courtyard lobby is current and pleasingly warm. There is some age to the decor of the rooms and is typical for a beachfront hotel. The shower in the bathroom of our room was not in proper working order. The water from the shower head on the first day came as a slow, weak stream. I informed the the management of the problem and they did promptly send someone to "fix" the problem. Unfortunately, it was the next morning that realized that the problem was not "fixed" and , in fact, was worse......now a slow trickle. The repair guy did, however, fix the phone in the room that did not work upon arrival.
If you need a decent workout room, then forget it. The treadmills were out of order and the elliptical trainer tracking was off. There are limited free weights.
Overall, it is a decent place to stay and I hope that the shower problem was limited to my room. I was pleased with the friendliness of the staff. I also like the "Starbucks" in the lobby.
If you want a neat, cultural experience, I highly recommend Nolan's Irish Pub which is a 5 minute drive north of the hotel. Great music, very tasty sandwiches, and good soups.
Also Ron Jon's Surf Shop is 5 minute drive north.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
My name is Tom Williamson, General Manager of the Marriott Courtyard Cocoa Beach. I apologize for the inconvenience we caused you during your stay. We did have a treadmill down during your stay, we were waiting on a replacement motor which has been installed. The other equipment has been in working order and , per our daily inspection, appears to be operating correctly. As to the shower, I appreciate you noting it. Since I didn't know which room you were in, I had our housekeeping department specifically check each room for shower/water pressure and eliminated any potential issues.
Our rooms have been recently upgraded to the new Fusion design package and our lobby is now the new Bistro concept complete with a Starbucks. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks also for mentioning our friendly staff.

Tom
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 17, 2011

We moved from one hotel in Cocoa Beach to come to this one instead. We were looking for something a little less noisy. While there were lots of families with kids, this hotel fit the bill nicely. It has been recently renovated and the lobby area is really nice. There is a Starbucks, which is great, because there aren't that many coffee places in Cocoa Beach. You walk less than 1/2 block and you are at the beach, which is gorgeous. The hotel has a nice pool with a hot tub. We had breakfast there a couple of times and it was good and served quickly. The rooms were nice - ours wasn't huge, but well priced. You could hear kids running up and down the aisles in the morning, but I never get upset with a hotel about that, because that is expected. All in all - this hotel was a good change for us and was a great value.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple