“Excellent Value and Tremendous Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Courtyard Cocoa Beach Cape Canaveral
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Ohio
“Excellent Value and Tremendous Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2010

Spent 3 days during Spring break with my family. Although the hotel is wedged in with several others, the inside of the hotel does not feel cramped and the pool space was nicely situated. Walk to beach was fine for us (relatively healthy middle agers with teens) I can see where someone will less mobility would be a little challenged. It is a good 200 yards or so to the beach down a semi-private walkway. There is a service that rents lounge chairs and umbrellas for those who would prefer.

We were extremely impressed by the staff, particularly at the desk, as they came through on several occasions with dining advice and shopping tips. There is a nice Starbucks and complimentary coffee service twice daily that comes in handy for those of us who like our caffiene. Free internet was a plus as well. Overall we felt for the price this was one of the best hotel experiences we have ever had. We like the Courtyard brand hotels, but this one was a bit above some others.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
savannah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2010

I arrived around 2am and the man at the desk was very friendly and knowledgble about the area, Not at all like most hotel people I deal with at that hour. The room was dated, but clean and the lobby looked to be brand new. I would be happy to recommend this hotel to friends and collegues.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2010

I travel for business and always stay at the Courtyards, I had some free nights, and thought what the heck- its on the beach. The first time I stayed there was with my daughter and grandkids and thought it was perfect. But, my second stay was this year and the entire place had been renovated and it was amazing. Service is still my most important quality in a hotel and while the hotel was warm and cozy, the service was the best I have ever experienced. You can really tell when a hotel is committed to quality service when absolutely EVERY employee provided impeccable service. The first day it rained and rained, so the kids and I played board games in the lobby, and the staff couldnt have been more pleasant. You feel like you are on a cruise ship. The pool is spectacular. Even though its a bit of hike to get to the beach, I would prefer to stay at the Marriott Courtyard in Cocoa Beach, than have an ocean front room anywhere else.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Paris
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2010

Perhaps one should not demand too much of a hotel, and indeed the room was spacious, and I slept well in it. This said, the bathroom with very basic decoration (read none -- blank walls) gave this eerie feeling, between a prison and a hospital... Staff was nice and helpful, but it was difficult not to feel that the room had its heydays a couple of decades ago. Also the location, overlooking another hotel and the parking lot, did not feel particularly nice. The price was all right, so I would say it was "average", but hardly a place I look forward going back to!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Greendale, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2010

Everything about this hotel is very satisfying. Would highly recommend it.

Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
West, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2010

My experience here was one of the better stays I've had at a Marriott property, and I've had quite a few.

The Good: Sarah at the front desk showed true Marriott spirit. She made the difference between a decent stay and an exceptional one. She called once I was settled in to make sure the room was acceptable. This is something every property should do. A simple call that only takes a minute and makes a world of difference. Usually, I only get courtesy calls in very upscale lodging, and even then it's rare. If more hotels did this, I think they would see their guest satisfaction go way up.

When I had repeated problems with the Wi-Fi (not the hotel's fault), she spent time sorting it out. She has a great attitude and was cheerful & helpful, even in the late hours when most night staff are surly and too busy running reports to effectively help guests.

The new lobby is extremely nice, and I hope to see more of these across the chain. It makes a great first impression. It has a futuristic edge to it, which seems right at home on the Space Coast, but I heard a couple of guests complain about it. The booths are very comfortable to sit in & each has its own LCD TV - very cool.

The hotel has recycling bins, and I saw housekeeping carts with a 2nd trash bag for recyclables - something I appreciate.

My room was immaculate - housekeeping here is top notch. The linens, pillows and beds were very, very comfortable. Marriott's beds are one of the main reasons I'm loyal to the chain, and I slept very comfortably here.

One side of the hotel faces the ocean. Though the view is obstructed in most places - you can still see a little surf from your balcony. Because of the limited view, they don't charge extra for rooms facing the ocean, a nice differece from most Florida hotels I've stayed with.

The beach is a short walk away, but it was too cold out to do much exploring. Ron Jon's is just down the street (look them up here on TA before you go, beware of the "Caribe Resort" salesman).

The Bad: The walls are thinner than I would like (as is often the case with modern hotels). The metal room doors can be very loud if guests aren't careful about closing them (a pet peeve of mine, but a problem not exclusive to this hotel). Noise wise, I would say this Courtyard fares better than most, but I had a room on the top floor and had quiet neighbors.

Kenneth, a server in the bistro/bar, was outright rude. My food order was clearly an inconvenience for him, and when it arrived, he unceremoniously dropped it on my table and walked away. I confronted him about his complete lack of courtesy, and without apology he mumbled something about being distracted by another guest. Weak.

The free internet is fast & easy to use, but be wary of having multiple windows open. Even if you aren't using P2P, if the ISP suspects you might be, they shut you off. Just browsing Google Maps & Disney, I got shut down four times in one afternoon.

As long as the rates don't skyrocket (as they have at several of my other favorite Florida Marriott spots) I'll stay here again.

Cheers!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Merritt Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2010

My friends and I sat in the lobby restaurant and sipped on some great wines while discussing the books we were reading. We also ordered some sandwiches and salads and coffees. Food was good and service was EXCELLENT. We'll meet there again~

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends