“Great location, nice pool, family friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Courtyard Cocoa Beach Cape Canaveral
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, California
“Great location, nice pool, family friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here July 1-4th. We had such a great time.
The lobby area is very nice. Computers, lounge areas, tvs, restaurant, Starbucks. All very modern and inviting.

The pool area was nice as well. Shaded covered areas, as well as spots in the sun. Very refreshing after a day at the beach, or an evening relaxing. Lots of families, but not unusually loud or annoying.

The walk to the beach wasn't bad at all. Maybe 3-5 minutes. Once there, you can rent chairs and umbrellas. We got the deluxe package which was 2 chairs and an umbrella for $32 dollars. They set it up for you. No lugging things around. We also rented boogie boards for the kids. The beach itself is amazing. Warm water, clean, and very enjoyable.

The restaurant had decent food, although there are many great places close by to try. A NY Pizza delivers and was fantastic.

The rooms were just average. They were clean, with a balcony. Room was on the fourth floor, but no real view. Oceanside, but couldn't really see much of the ocean.
We weren't in the room much, so that was fine.

The front desk was helpful with arranging transportation from the airport, and suggesting places to eat. We got a late check out on our last day which was nice.

I enjoyed our stay, and would visit again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Breely22

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Stayed in this hotel one near pre Disney Cruise. It was generally fine and lived up to expectations for this type of hotel except my husband and I both found the bed very uncomfortable. It was too hard. My cousin and her family were staying in another room and did not have a good experience. They were given the wrong room then had to wait for an hour. The hotel room smelled like vomit. On the plus side the staff was extremely friendly and the bistro food was good for our late night dinner. The kids liked the pool area and proximity to the beach.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Leepa1965
Tom W, General Manager at Courtyard Cocoa Beach Cape Canaveral, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Leepa1965,

Thanks for your kind words about our extremely friendly staff, our pool area, and our Bistro food. Our beds are Marriott specified Jamison mattresses, I apologize if you did not find them to your liking. As to your cousin's experience, please apologize to them on my behalf. I will share their experience with our staff. This is not our normal standard, and while I cannot determine the exact circumstances surrounding their experience, as I said, I will share this with our staff to ensure that this type of thing does not happen in the future.
Thanks for taking the time to share you experience with us.
Tom Williamson, General Manager
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Excellent Hotel & Staff. Wonderful Customer Service and Professional atmosphere. I want to address Sara Davis's(Front Dest) excellence in treating loyal Marriott guests. She has a master ability to treat every customer that walks in the door with professionalism and quality service. She is very sweet, friendly, and caring. Also, Joe Moseley at the bistro is loved by many Marriott guest at the hotel who are served by him at the bistro. He very knowledgeable with the menu and has a keen ability to accommodate every guest needs.

Room Tip: Suites are exceptionally comfortable( #716/715)
Green Features: Yes, very Eco-friendly. Education for guest on green environmental practices.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Carlo R
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This hotel is within sight of the beach - not right on the sand but a very short walk! If you can manage to snag one of the rooms with a view of the water, as we were lucky enough to get, your view in one direction will be a glimpse of the beach and in the other a glimpse of the Banana River. Very nice balcony that we sat out on having a glass of wine. Typical Marriott furnishings - comfortable and thoughtful. No fridge - which would have been nice. Lobby has a small bar & restaurant if you don't want to go out or if the afternoon showers are strong! There is nice looking tropical area with a small pool and hot tub along with lounge chairs as well as tables under a covered patio. This hotel sits directly next to Hampton Suites - the two hotels share the beach access. Service at the front desk was friendly and helpful. Would stay there again and would recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: Only complaint about my room is that it had an adjoining door to the room next to it - made it a bit...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank gotalottosee
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We just got back from this hotel from this past weekend. We stayed for two nights while visiting Kennedy Space Center. I like staying at Marriott properties because they are always nice and this was no exception. The rooms are very clean, well decorated and look similar to the professional pictures (can't always say that!).

We did not try the food at the hotel. They had Starbucks coffee in the lobby and Wolfgang Puck coffee in the room.

While this hotel is on the beach, it does not have its own beach access. To get to the beach, you walk to the Hampton hotel next door (1 minute walk) and use Hampton's beach access. Easy peasy!

I would like to suggest caution in reference to the towel rack in the bathroom. As my 5'8" tall son was exiting the shower, he was looking down to step over the side of the tub and hit the towel rack with his forehead, which gave him a small bloody gash. I don't know if the towel rack needs to be moved a little or perhaps a grab bar should be installed near that area. Just a suggestion.

Despite that, this is a very nice hotel. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Maria M
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

More services than most Courtyard Marriotts. Breakfast, lunch and dinner served in an open bistro setting and Starbucks served on site. Clean, comfortable rooms, good mattress, and lots of pillow options. Didn't use pool or hot tub but saw others enjoying the pool. Checking in was easy and friendly. Received 15% off at Ron Jon Surf shop. Nice stay, good customer service, recommend small tip if you order a meal at the counter. They really appreciated a small gesture.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jean Q
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

This was my first time staying at this Courtyard, and I have to say that overall It was just OK. Would I come back, probably not. While our room was nicely decorated, and appeared to be clean, well it was not. It was the worst nightmare for someone who suffers from allergies. There was tons of dust in the room, on the top of the bed post, in the bathroom etc. The filter in the bathroom had caked on dust that looks like it hasn't been cleaned in ages. I even took a picture and will figure out how to upload for your review. There was so much dust in my room that it immediately triggered my allergies, and my wife who doesn't even have bad allergies like me. The AC unit was just as bad, and felt like it was just stirring the pot filled with Dust. This is a dust mites heaven. Also I did not get any sleep because of constantly itching in the bed. Believe me I checked, but it appears that the cleaning detergent being used in this hotel is not allergy friendly. Beach access is nearby but directions is confusing. Besides the negatives, the lobby is in excellent shape, and checking in as fast and pleasant. Bottom line is if you have allergies, think twice about staying here.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Tom W, General Manager at Courtyard Cocoa Beach Cape Canaveral, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear jerseytwin,

Thanks for sharing your experience with me. I appreciate your kind words about our lobby and pleasant check in experience. I am disappointed to learn that you were not pleased with your room. That is not our normal standard, and I will make sure it is addressed. Again, thank you for taking the time to provide your comments.

Tom Williamson, General Manager