WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersBronze level
Orlando, FL
“Close to the water”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

This hotel is within sight of the beach - not right on the sand but a very short walk! If you can manage to snag one of the rooms with a view of the water, as we were lucky enough to get, your view in one direction will be a glimpse of the beach and in the other a glimpse of the Banana River. Very nice balcony that we sat out on having a glass of wine. Typical Marriott furnishings - comfortable and thoughtful. No fridge - which would have been nice. Lobby has a small bar & restaurant if you don't want to go out or if the afternoon showers are strong! There is nice looking tropical area with a small pool and hot tub along with lounge chairs as well as tables under a covered patio. This hotel sits directly next to Hampton Suites - the two hotels share the beach access. Service at the front desk was friendly and helpful. Would stay there again and would recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: Only complaint about my room is that it had an adjoining door to the room next to it - made it a bit...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank gotalottosee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

We just got back from this hotel from this past weekend. We stayed for two nights while visiting Kennedy Space Center. I like staying at Marriott properties because they are always nice and this was no exception. The rooms are very clean, well decorated and look similar to the professional pictures (can't always say that!).

We did not try the food at the hotel. They had Starbucks coffee in the lobby and Wolfgang Puck coffee in the room.

While this hotel is on the beach, it does not have its own beach access. To get to the beach, you walk to the Hampton hotel next door (1 minute walk) and use Hampton's beach access. Easy peasy!

I would like to suggest caution in reference to the towel rack in the bathroom. As my 5'8" tall son was exiting the shower, he was looking down to step over the side of the tub and hit the towel rack with his forehead, which gave him a small bloody gash. I don't know if the towel rack needs to be moved a little or perhaps a grab bar should be installed near that area. Just a suggestion.

Despite that, this is a very nice hotel. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Maria M
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

More services than most Courtyard Marriotts. Breakfast, lunch and dinner served in an open bistro setting and Starbucks served on site. Clean, comfortable rooms, good mattress, and lots of pillow options. Didn't use pool or hot tub but saw others enjoying the pool. Checking in was easy and friendly. Received 15% off at Ron Jon Surf shop. Nice stay, good customer service, recommend small tip if you order a meal at the counter. They really appreciated a small gesture.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jean Q
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

This was my first time staying at this Courtyard, and I have to say that overall It was just OK. Would I come back, probably not. While our room was nicely decorated, and appeared to be clean, well it was not. It was the worst nightmare for someone who suffers from allergies. There was tons of dust in the room, on the top of the bed post, in the bathroom etc. The filter in the bathroom had caked on dust that looks like it hasn't been cleaned in ages. I even took a picture and will figure out how to upload for your review. There was so much dust in my room that it immediately triggered my allergies, and my wife who doesn't even have bad allergies like me. The AC unit was just as bad, and felt like it was just stirring the pot filled with Dust. This is a dust mites heaven. Also I did not get any sleep because of constantly itching in the bed. Believe me I checked, but it appears that the cleaning detergent being used in this hotel is not allergy friendly. Beach access is nearby but directions is confusing. Besides the negatives, the lobby is in excellent shape, and checking in as fast and pleasant. Bottom line is if you have allergies, think twice about staying here.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Tom W, General Manager at Courtyard Cocoa Beach Cape Canaveral, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear jerseytwin,

Thanks for sharing your experience with me. I appreciate your kind words about our lobby and pleasant check in experience. I am disappointed to learn that you were not pleased with your room. That is not our normal standard, and I will make sure it is addressed. Again, thank you for taking the time to provide your comments.

Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

We stayed on last weekend while on a deep sea fishing trip. Compared to three other hotels/resorts in the area this one was the most comfortable. Clean rooms, nice beds, contemporary furnishings and a great lobby that sells Starbucks coffee. Really nice pool area with hot tub and a Tiki bar. The staff was good, but not overly friendly. Had an issue with the tv not working (tv said low or no signal on local stations and cable ones were digitized) I called the front desk and they said someone was on the way, but to no avail. Called the second day and they said it was scrambled and it would be un-scrambled. Finally, the next day, one hour before check out. maintenance showed up with a new cable for the tv. The concierge was great about recommending a wonderful Italian restaurant across the street and even called them to say we were on our way because we would be getting there 10 minutes before they closed and they said to come on over and they would be happy to seat us. This hotel is not directly on the beach, but only a block away and you can enjoy the view of the ocean from your balcony on the higher floors. We had friends that stayed a mile down at the International Palms "resort" and conference center and it was truly disgusting and a runned down dump.

Room Tip: higher floor on ocean side
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tom W, General Manager at Courtyard Cocoa Beach Cape Canaveral, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear ritsrill,

Thanks so much for complimenting our hotel as one of the most comfortable in the area. I'm glad you enjoyed our pool, our Starbucks, and our Tiki Bar. I apologize that we did not tend to your television issue as timely as we should have. Not sure what or why that happened, but I will look into it so that it does not happen in the future.
Again, many thanks. We look forward to hosting you again.
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

I liked the Courtyard Cocoa Beach,
We had just a short stay there, but we were checked in by super friendly and helpful staff, our room was clean and the AC was great.
Was easy to get coffee at Starbucks in the Lobby, easy to print boarding passes in the Lobby and easy to find the ATM in the Lobby.
Pool was cool clean and nice and refreshing after a few hours at the beach.
I'd stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank SINYDallas_TX
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

We stayed here just one night at the end of our family Florida vacation. Location is pretty good. No real beach views, but its a short (3 minute walk) through the parking lot of the adjacent Hampton Inn and over passed some other properties. The beach was wonderful when we were there. Nice waves for boogie boarding and body surfing...had a long break and were 100+ yards long. We found the room a little less impressive in its cleanliness; certainly not to the level I expect from a Courtyard property. For the price paid, I think you should expect better quality.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jake5280
Tom W, General Manager at Courtyard Cocoa Beach Cape Canaveral, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Jake5280,

Thanks for taking the time to write. I appreciate your kind comments about our wonderful beaches. I will certainly look into your comment concerning the cleanliness of your room. We maintain very high standards of quality and it is helpful to hear if and when we have failed so we can quickly correct it.
Thanks again for sharing, I hope to see you on your next trip to our area.
Best Regards,